Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Happened To Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I get the feeling the stuff's really going to hit the fan if Trump is reelected. We're going to see a national meltdown from the left like we've never seen before. And conservatives may just grow tried of getting attacked and start defending themselves. It could get ugly.
    I think the Democratic Party is more likely to implode - the left has a tendency to eat its own.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      And if you keep thinking that way you just might get your wish.

Jim
      If I look outside and I say it looks like a storm is coming, that doesn't mean I want it to come, it's just stating a possible fact based on observable conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        And if you keep thinking that way you just might get your wish.

Jim
        Be a part of the solution, not the problem, Jim.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Update:

Judge rules dad will have say in gender ‘transition’ of 7-year-old

Since kindergarten, Dr. Georgulas has enrolled James in school as a girl under the name “Luna.” She began telling him he’s a girl when he was just three, and testified in court that she began to believe that when he liked a McDonald’s toy meant for girls. James’ pediatrician records also indicate Dr. Georgulas has met with GENECIS, a medical “transition” clinic in Dallas and is considering “hormone suppression” when James is closer to eight or nine years old.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ju...zXHDzDw40c6i_I
          This woman is sick!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A brief moment of sanity.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              I really don't see how we avoid a civil war or some for of separation.
              A judge subsequently overruled the jury decision, giving both parents joint custody.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50172907

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Have you ever been to Austin?

Austin is described as the blueberry in a sea of tomato soup --- but a number of other counties are turning blue as well, due to immigration.
                I lived in Austin for nine years. (I know, I know. Insert snide comment here.) And I live in Tarrant County, which is turning blue. The suburbs are turning bluer, such as Collin County were Pete Sessions lost, in large part because of (mostly legal) immigration, a more diverse and educated population and the fact that college educated women are increasingly turning away from the Republican party for a number of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                  A judge subsequently overruled the jury decision, giving both parents joint custody.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50172907
                  But the father has been placed under a gag order. The mother, interestingly, has not.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                    I lived in Austin for nine years. (I know, I know. Insert snide comment here.) And I live in Tarrant County, which is turning blue. The suburbs are turning bluer, such as Collin County were Pete Sessions lost, in large part because of (mostly legal) immigration, a more diverse and educated population and the fact that college educated women are increasingly turning away from the Republican party for a number of reasons.
                    Can you please not gloat so much when stating such things?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some developments in court. It’s a girl by the sounds of it. Dad is in denial, as you might expect. Mum’s an expert.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Some developments in court. It’s a girl by the sounds of it. Dad is in denial, as you might expect. Mum’s an expert.
                        First of all, he, not "it", is a boy, and the science of biology proves it. Mum is nuttier than Post Toasties.

She want's to turn the boy into a girl and name him "Luna" --- as in LOONY.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No it isn't. He's a boy who, at 3, wanted to be the cartoon character "Starfire" because green is his favorite color. I heard the recordings of his "therapy" session this morning on the way into work. The therapist asked him "who told you that you were a girl", and he said "Mommy".
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You mean he has a vagina?
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              You mean he has a vagina?
                              In which case he would not need chemical castration.

He's a pointer, not a setter.

Comment

It's hard to accept that you married to an evil quack that has probably ruined other kids, but with his own kid targeted Dad might be seeing the light.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment