Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Star Chamber...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Star Chamber...

Freedom Caucus hold a “transparency” press conference

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

As I keep asking, what are the Democrats afraid of? What don't they want us to know?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      As I keep asking, what are the Democrats afraid of? What don't they want us to know?
      It is good to see the Republicans come out en mass to point out the underhandedness of all this.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        It is good to see the Republicans come out en mass to point out the underhandedness of all this.
        Well, when nothing burgers are being served hand over fist as a hidden menu item in the Dem caucus...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Well, when nothing burgers are being served hand over fist as a hidden menu item in the Dem caucus...
          I wonder if they will try and get a vote on impeachment with out making this all public? If so the Senate should not accept it.

Comment

Republicans Disrupt Closed-Door Impeachment Deposition

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...eachment-probe

Comment

I wonder if they will try and get a vote on impeachment with out making this all public? If so the Senate should not accept it.
              How could they vote without presenting their findings to all members of the House? Not that I wouldn't put it past them to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                How could they vote without presenting their findings to all members of the House? Not that I wouldn't put it past them to try.
                From what they said this last testimony by Bill Taylor was supposed to be a bombshell (quid pro quo) - but come to find out Taylor heard it third or fourth hand, and had nothing to do with the Biden investigation. But the Dems leaked enough to make it sound bad...

Comment

From what they said this last testimony by Bill Taylor was supposed to be a bombshell (quid pro quo) - but come to find out Taylor heard it third or fourth hand, and had nothing to do with the Biden investigation. But the Dems leaked enough to make it sound bad...
                  Yep. Folks are saying that John Ratcliffe destroyed Taylor's testimony in 90-seconds, but of course Schiff isn't leaking that part of the transcript to the public.

Comment

Wow, the gutless Republicans may be growing a spine? I might have to consider rejoining the GOP!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just so we are cear...

Webster, star-chamber : characterized by secrecy and often being irresponsibly arbitrary and oppressive.

Comment

Republican anxiety is reaching extraordinarily levels; as evidenced by their increasingly strange and desperate behavior.

God save Pelosi.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Republican anxiety is reaching extraordinarily levels; as evidenced by their increasingly strange and desperate behavior.

God save Pelosi.
                          Indeed the interest of protecting the nation against Pelosi's rebellion is strange to you.

We could only hope that Pelosi would repent and be saved.

We hope firstfloor also can be saved.
                          Last edited by mikewhitney; 10-23-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Where are the Dems traditional demand for bipartisanship in this secret trial?

What relevance would secret partisan hearings have toward a legitimate impeachment? Any information obtained from this would be useless since there was no control over the process for hearing testimonies.

There seems to be a lack of unanimity of twebbers from both sides of the aisle in denouncing the Dems in Congress for undemocratic behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              We hope firstfloor also can be saved.
                              Doesn't FF think he is God?

Comment