Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have Fun Storming the Castle!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Open your eyes when you awake, CP.
    Wow, so profound.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Is reading comprehension a problem for you? Just once read what is actually written.
      Not sure what you consider was misread but let's just settle on this: that federal court case where y'all were saying that House Democrats weren't in a "legitimate" impeachment proceeding and couldn't enforce subpoenas? Not only did the federal judge strongly disagree but we get a reference to the OLC opinion, to boot.

Image 073.jpg
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Not sure what you consider was misread but let's just settle on this: that federal court case where y'all were saying that House Democrats weren't in a "legitimate" impeachment proceeding and couldn't enforce subpoenas? Not only did the federal judge strongly disagree but we get a reference to the OLC opinion, to boot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40440[/ATTACH]
        It really doesn't help to add a blurry image that gets smaller when clicked upon, Sam.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It really doesn't help to add a blurry image that gets smaller when clicked upon, Sam.
          Don't blame me, it was big when I took the screenshot!

Top of Page 13 in Judge Howell's ruling: "This OLC legal conclusion has never been adopted, sanctioned, or in any way approved by a court."

--Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

I don't blame you - I blame Rogue. He started it!

Top of Page 13 in Judge Howell's ruling: "This OLC legal conclusion has never been adopted, sanctioned, or in any way approved by a court."

--Sam

Comment

The whole thing is a circus, Jim.
              So, it's all just a political circus, much ado about nothing.? That's just what you want to believe, CP. What I can't fathom is how you can all be looking at the evidence and testimony through all of this and come up with ridiculous conclusions like that.

Comment

--Sam
                00000000000000ab000-00aaacd.jpg
                Sorry, I don't know how to include the footnote

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]40442[/ATTACH]
                  Sorry, I don't know how to include the footnote
                  You turned on the embiggenation!

Comment

--Sam
                    It happens with PNG for some reason. Try saving it as JPG.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So, it's all just a political circus, much ado about nothing.?
                      Calm yourself, Jim - it can be a circus and still be about something.

That's just what you want to believe, CP.
                      Look, Jim, I've been treating you with respect and answering you straight up. You seem to have this need to snark. How bout dialing it down just a tad, eh?

What I can't fathom is how you can all be looking at the evidence and testimony through all of this and come up with ridiculous conclusions like that.
                      Sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        It happens with PNG for some reason. Try saving it as JPG.
                        Much appreciated. I will direct my program to the ironically lossy option.

--Sam

Comment

Much appreciated. I will direct my program to the ironically lossy option.

--Sam
                          And I'll chalk this up as a lesson learned!

(though, at my age, it's not necessarily a lesson remembered)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40440[/ATTACH]
                            Can't be wrong, huh?

Wasn't my argument - I got busy and haven't read the case yet.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Calm yourself, Jim - it can be a circus and still be about something.
                              Sure, but again, we both know what you were implying. You've repeated it several times now. "it's entirely political" "It's all just a political circus" It is neither, CP, although republicans are trying to turn it into one. It's about an extremely serious matter, i.e it's about a corrupt president who believes himself above the law, a president who abuses his power, who obstructs justice, who colludes with and extorts foreign governments and a president who ceaselessly lies to the American people, abuses the public trust.

The only "entirely political circus" aspect of it is how republicans Congressmen are dealing with it, and we know you weren't talking about them.

Look, Jim, I've been treating you with respect and answering you straight up. You seem to have this need to snark. How bout dialing it down just a tad, eh?
                              No snark intended, CP. I can't help it if that's the way you see it.

Comment

Sure, but again, we both know what you were implying.
                                No, Jim, I know what I was implying - you're inferring something completely different.

You've repeated it several times now. "it's entirely political"
                                Yes.

"It's all just a political circus"
                                Absolutely untrue. What I said was...
                                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                The whole thing is a circus, Jim.

Please don't misrepresent what I actually said. And I only said that ONCE, not "several times now".

It is neither, CP, although republicans are trying to turn it into one.
                                Both sides, Jim - Shifty Schiff is constantly misrepresenting the proceedings to the public while forbidding others to discuss it. It's a circus. (there, you can add that occurrence)

It's about an extremely serious matter, i.e it's about a corrupt president who believes himself above the law, a president who abuses his power, who obstructs justice, who colludes with and extorts foreign governments and a president who ceaselessly lies to the American people, abuses the public trust.
                                And both sides are being as political as they can - it's a circus. (I think you can now say I've said it "several times")

The only "entirely political circus" aspect of it is how republicans Congressmen are dealing with it, and we know you weren't talking about them.
                                That's your opinion, and it happens to be wrong.

No snark intended, CP. I can't help it if that's the way you see it.
                                Sure, you can - you can try treating me with the same respect I'm showing you.

Comment