Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will you join him calling us human scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Trump wants to withdraw from the Open Skys Treaty (for Putin). Can there be any remaining doubt that Trump is Putin’s puppet? He is making hay while the sun shines; before he gets the Republican boot.
    If Trump is actually beholden to Putin for some reason, then the fact he's in danger of getting the boot could be expected to increase the 'quid pro quo' in that direction. Not saying it is, but it is a logical consequence if it is.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Any medical professional who would attempt to make a long-distance diagnosis without a first-hand examination is not worth taking seriously.

But they tell you what you want to hear, so that's good enough as far as you're concerned.
      Er, telemedicine is a thing and it works well within its limitations.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Correct. Provoking it, on the other hand....
        Too lazy to go look it up, but I think the earliest references did come from the left.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Er, telemedicine is a thing and it works well within its limitations.
          I'm not sure what telemedicine is, but I have a feeling it's not a cold read of someone you've only seen on TV.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            If Trump is actually beholden to Putin for some reason, then the fact he's in danger of getting the boot could be expected to increase the 'quid pro quo' in that direction. Not saying it is, but it is a logical consequence if it is.

Jim
            This sort of paranoid delusion reminds me of my wife's friends who were genuinely terrified the day after the election that Trump was going to send agents to forcibly deport their legally adopted Vietnamese children.

Comment

I'm not sure what telemedicine is, but I have a feeling it's not a cold read of someone you've only seen on TV.
              No, it's live video doctor's appointment - we've used it since the late Nineties.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                No, it's live video doctor's appointment - we've used it since the late Nineties.
                Obviously I'm talking about those doctors who try to diagnose Trump based on news clips.

Comment

This sort of paranoid delusion reminds me of my wife's friends who were genuinely terrified the day after the election that Trump was going to send agents to forcibly deport their legally adopted Vietnamese children.
                  You like to call obvious correlations 'paranoid delusions' I'm not sure you quite understand what that phrase means
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    I think you have forgotten what a normal presidency looks like. This one is in the gutter, but what is much worse, is that you think it is acceptable. You ought to be fighting this with every fibre of your being.
                    I remember just how the left treated Mitt Romney and John McCain. Just like they do Trump. The left wants to destroy us, at least someone gets it.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      I am registered Republican. I would probably never vote for Trump (though before the Republicans were stupid enough to nominate him I had said that about Hillary- so I suppose I might if something clearly worse came along)
                      Have you considered the American Solidarity Party?

From what I understand of your political positions, the ASP seems to line up better with your opinions than the Republican Party anyway (I could be wrong on that).
                      Last edited by Terraceth; 10-24-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        CP - why are you excusing Trump?
                        I'm not excusing him, Jim. I'm explaining him.

This is not a game, nor is it pretend.
                        To some extent, it is to him, I think.

This is the President of the US inciting hatred towards an entire group of people. And that has consequences.
                        One of which is that he causes people to be totally consumed with his actions.

His base has already shown that they will target those Trump targets. You would not excuse some liberal casting such aspersions on an entire class of conservatives, and you would immediately look for violence or hate towards that group and then blame whoever said it up one side and down the other for it when it happened. And you would not be wrong to do so.
                        Nor do I excuse Trump, Jim - I have clearly said he's a jackass and says stupid things - partly because he gets sadistic pleasure from keeping people totally focused on him.

It's working. Just not on me.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I won't join him in saying that.

I'll just think it silently.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            I won't join him in saying that.

I'll just think it silently.
                            Thanks for the confirmation as to who you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Obviously I'm talking about those doctors who try to diagnose Trump based on news clips.
                              So I figured but that wasn't obvious in the phrasing.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Pffft. One of my friends was worried because he heard on a Spanish-language radio station that Trump was going to give weapons and ammo to the KKK.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment