Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will you join him calling us human scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you join him calling us human scum

I am registered Republican. I would probably never vote for Trump (though before the Republicans were stupid enough to nominate him I had said that about Hillary- so I suppose I might if something clearly worse came along)

This is what the sitting president said about people like me yesterday:

Source: Donald Trump

"The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats. Watch out for them, they are human scum!" he tweeted.

© Copyright Original Source

So, who here will follow him here? Who will draw the line here, and who will join him in his call to hatred?
    Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

*Never Trumpsters attack Trump, calling him all sorts of names, make all sorts of attacks, or trying to undermine his presidency*

*Trump attacks back*

You get what you deserve Jim or are you the only one that can attack and Trump is supposed to take it to the chin, like a good spineless Republican? You called him a psychopath, with zero evidence, why should I feel sorry for you?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Trump can be a real jackass.

There, I said it again.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What's that stench I smell? Oh, sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Your fixation on all things anti-Trump is not healthy, Jim.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          What's that stench I smell? Oh, sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Your fixation on all things anti-Trump is not healthy, Jim.
          What is not healthy is supporting a man in office that would say that ... not saying to what level you specifically support him.

And it is that associated depravity on such a large scale that has my concern.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Let me get this straight... Trump just insulted folks who spend virtually every day insulting him. Now why again should this upset me?

Trump is a rude and crude lout capable of extremely boorish behavior. Apparently a few of us are just figuring that out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Trump can be a real jackass.

There, I said it again.
              I had no doubts that you would be against him saying that even more, I knew you would never adopt such a sentiment for yourself.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                What is not healthy is supporting a man in office that would say that ... not saying to what level you specifically support him.

Jim
                You said he was a psychopath, with no evidence to support it. You’re hypocrisy is noted and dismissed as such. You made this bed, now sleep in it.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jim
                  There was no need to prove my point, Jim.

It seems my work here is done.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Let me get this straight... Trump just insulted folks who spend virtually every day insulting him. Now why again should this upset me?

Trump is a rude and crude lout capable of extremely boorish behavior. Apparently a few of us are just figuring that out.
                    Because to publicly call people scum of the earth from the highest office in the land is to incite hatred against them.

Why would you ask such a question? The office of POTUS is debased and sullied by such a thing.

Further, to be against Trumps policies and tactics is not nearly the same as calling him personally the scum of the earth.

And further, there is a huge difference between observing the behaviors of one man and being against them and taking one aspect of a whole group of people, specifically their dislike of you, and using that to classify that entire group as 'the scum of the earth'.

By not recognizing these critical differences, is it possible you've allowed yourself to join your own heart to his call to hatred?

Jim

Comment

Having followed him here up in my state for years it is no surprise.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        You said he was a psychopath, with no evidence to support it. You’re hypocrisy is noted and dismissed as such. You made this bed, now sleep in it.
                        Try to be accurate pix. I said there are psychologists that observing him have said he is a narcissist and a psychopath. The professional opinion of several well known psychologists is 'evidence to support it' that and his behavior over the last 3 years.

Jim

Comment

I am registered Republican. I would probably never vote for Trump (though before the Republicans were stupid enough to nominate him I had said that about Hillary- so I suppose I might if something clearly worse came along)

This is what the sitting president said about people like me yesterday:

Source: Donald Trump

"The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats. Watch out for them, they are human scum!" he tweeted.

© Copyright Original Source

So, who here will follow him here? Who will draw the line here, and who will join him in his call to hatred?
                          Jim
                          I'm not happy that your President likes to roll in the mud where his political opponents are. But then American conservatives have spent years maintaining the 'moral high ground' while conceding all the important practical matters, so that path clearly doesn't work. No surprise that someone would decide to fight fire with fire, and people would like that he does that. Your political situation is an absolute mess, and there's no one group or person solely to blame. Trump is a symptom far more than he's a problem or a solution.

Let the far left gain more influence, and push more and more, and the inevitable backlash will be all the worse. That's just the way politics works when people are unable and unwilling to really compromise, talk about the issues instead of the people, and moderate their desires. If you think that Trump and his supporters have a monopoly on being uncompromising, selfish, willing to anything to get their goals, and so on, you're plain foolish.
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

I have some doubt that had Obama taken to Twitter to call folks who insulted him with racial slurs and racist insinuations about his "real" birthplace and allegiance "human scum", folks on this forum would not have landed on "Oh, he's just barking back."

Day by day, we're learning that a large set of people don't actually want a president that governs a diverse country; they want a brawler-king who does what he wants and crushes their enemies in the process.

--Sam
                            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Try to be accurate pix. I said there are psychologists that observing him have said he is a narcissist and a psychopath. The professional opinion of several well known psychologists is 'evidence to support it' that and his behavior over the last 3 years.

Jim
                              Funny, I always thought that a psychologist had to do clinical work, which involves interviews, brain scans, batteries of test, etc before they could render a psychological diagnoses. Have they done this or are they throwing medical ethics, to the wind, to try to use their degrees as a shield, to make their political opinions carry more weight? The sad thing is I’m sure you know this, but simply don’t care because Trump is evil incarnate and anything is justified in bringing him down.

You’re turning closer into your version of Trump daily, which is sad.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment