Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will you join him calling us human scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm actually a little surprised Ox went that route.
    you too? Try reading a little closer. I never said either was OK. I said what Trump did was significantly worse that what Hillary did.

Think Trinity vs Tsar Bomba

Neither is trivial. but they are not by any means 'equal'

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      you too? Try reading a little closer. I never said either was OK. I said what Trump did was significantly worse that what Hillary did.

Think Trinity vs Tsar Bomba

Neither is trivial. but they are not by any means 'equal'

Jim
      How? Because you said so?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

you too?
        A little surprised? Yes, if that qualifies for a "you too"?

Try reading a little closer. I never said either was OK. I said what Trump did was significantly worse that what Hillary did.

Jim
        You mean THESE words, Jim?
        Whatever Hillary is, her actions and words have never produced the kind of division and unrest that Trump is creating. Even in Bill Clinton's impeachment, things never got this bad. If it's this bad now under the threat of impeachment, just wait till the actual impeachment starts.

The Democrats started freaking out the minute it became clear that Trump won. It is a WHOLE 'NUTHER WORLD now than it was in Bill Clinton's day? You realize, don't you, that was 17 years ago? Since then, Obama has added to his share of division, and now Trump.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No - that's not what I said. But I'm not surprised that is what you got out of what I said.

Jim
          That’s the general idea, you say it’s bad, but not as bad as what Trump said, but you can’t explain how it is any different. It appears the answer is, “TRUMP!!!!!” As you shake your fist at the sky.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            You equate either of those with a president calling people "human scum"?

I think that gives folks a pretty good baseline read on you without much further effort.

And, my oh my, do I recall folks here reacting to both those statements by Obama and Clinton. They certainly were not shrugged off.

--Sam
            I see, so you want Trump tarred and feathered for behavior that you think is acceptable when Obama and Hillary did it. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

And as I recall, conservatives weren't up in arms about either Obama's or Hillary's comments. People thought it was funny and even started proudly referring to themselves as "Bitter Clingers" and "Deplorables".
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm actually a little surprised Ox went that route.
              I'm not surprised at all. That's exactly the sort of double-standard I've come to expect from him.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I am registered Republican. I would probably never vote for Trump (though before the Republicans were stupid enough to nominate him I had said that about Hillary- so I suppose I might if something clearly worse came along)

This is what the sitting president said about people like me yesterday:

Source: Donald Trump

"The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats. Watch out for them, they are human scum!" he tweeted.

© Copyright Original Source

So, who here will follow him here? Who will draw the line here, and who will join him in his call to hatred?
                Jim
                You know I don't like Trump and wouldn't vote for him. However I'm not sure stirring the pot is a great idea. Sometimes its better to walk away and just let the people have the crazy leader.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  TDS does seem to make a person into a pretty huge hypocrite. Democrats are simply mad that Trump does it in the open vs behind closed doors, which is better for some strange reason that nobody can seem to figure out. It really doesn’t matter who won in 2016, if it was a Republican, the gnashing of teeth would have happened rather it was Trump, Jeb Bush, Ron Paul, etc. The only difference is most of them would have taken it to the chin and been gentlemen about it. Look at the Left’s reaction to Mitt Romney in 2012, the most boring person ever was compared to the rise of the 4th reich.
                  I would've been really happy and probably stayed a registered Republican if Kasich or Bush had won.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    I would've been really happy and probably stayed a registered Republican if Kasich or Bush had won.
                    I've developed the general rule that only one member of a clan can become President. There are enough people around that we don't need to have repeat offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I see, so you want Trump tarred and feathered for behavior that you think is acceptable when Obama and Hillary did it. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

And as I recall, conservatives weren't up in arms about either Obama's or Hillary's comments. People thought it was funny and even started proudly referring to themselves as "Bitter Clingers" and "Deplorables".

I didn't call for Trump to be "tarred and feathered", though I see a wide gulf between describing racists, xenophobes, Islamaphobes, etc. as "deplorable" and "disloyal" Republicans as "human scum".

I find Trump's words more vicious, which I think used to be considered a bad thing around here.

Image 072.jpg
                      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Source: Donald Trump

"The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats. Watch out for them, they are human scum!" he tweeted.

© Copyright Original Source

That title should be reserved for TWebbers who call call mossy "moosy."

Unless they have a better title already.

Comment

I didn't call for Trump to be "tarred and feathered", though I see a wide gulf between describing racists, xenophobes, Islamaphobes, etc. as "deplorable" and "disloyal" Republicans as "human scum".
                          So, lemme get this straight --- as long as you FIRST call them "racists, xenophobes, Islamaphobes" THEN you can call them "deplorable" and it's totally acceptable.

(Though, she kinda did that backwards)

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-24-2019, 02:56 PM.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, lemme get this straight --- as long as you FIRST call them "racists, xenophobes, Islamaphobes" THEN you can call them "deplorable" and it's totally acceptable.

Whole lotta people either telling on themselves for being bigoted or telling on themselves for not understanding the group sorting we all learned in Kindergarten here ...

--Sam
                            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

(Though, she kinda did that backwards)

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”
                              It’s (D)ifferent.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Whole lotta people either telling on themselves for being bigoted or telling on themselves for not understanding the group sorting we all learned in Kindergarten here ...

--Sam
                                I'm sure that made sense in your head, Sam.

Comment