Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will you join him calling us human scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    *Never Trumpsters attack Trump, calling him all sorts of names, make all sorts of attacks, or trying to undermine his presidency*

*Trump attacks back*

You get what you deserve Jim or are you the only one that can attack and Trump is supposed to take it to the chin, like a good spineless Republican? You called him a psychopath, with zero evidence, why should I feel sorry for you?
    Yes, he is supposed to take it. At least to the point he does not publicly and before the entire nation debase an entire group of people merely because they despise his policies. Did Hillary stoop to such a public, nationwide denigration of those that oppose her and would never vote for her? Did Obama? Did Bush? Did Reagan? Did Bill Clinton?
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      I have some doubt that had Obama taken to Twitter to call folks who insulted him with racial slurs and racist insinuations about his "real" birthplace and allegiance "human scum", folks on this forum would not have landed on "Oh, he's just barking back."

Day by day, we're learning that a large set of people don't actually want a president that governs a diverse country; they want a brawler-king who does what he wants and crushes their enemies in the process.

--Sam
      Nah, he just sued Nuns, so he can make them pay for abortions, which is oh so much better.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The first question asked in cross examination of a psychologist on the stand is, "how much time have you spent examining my client in person"?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Yes, he is supposed to take it. At least to the point he does not publicly and before the entire nation debase an entire group of people merely because they despise his policies. Did Hillary stoop to such a public, nationwide denigration of those that oppose her and would never vote for her? Did Obama? Did Bush? Did Reagan? Did Bill Clinton?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nah, he just sued Nuns, so he can make them pay for abortions, which is oh so much better.
            Contraceptives and you're still wrong. That was the Little Sisters of the Poor suing the government because the organization didn't want to sign a form that released it from providing contraceptives in its insurance plan.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The first question asked in cross examination of a psychologist on the stand is, "how much time have you spent examining my client in person"?
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-24-2019, 08:48 AM.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Contraceptives and you're still wrong. That was the Little Sisters of the Poor suing the government because the organization didn't want to sign a form that released it from providing contraceptives in its insurance plan.

--Sam
                And the reason they should be forced to pay is....
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And the reason they should be forced to pay is....
                  They weren't. There was a religious exemption available. Some religiously-affiliated groups (e.g., Little Sisters, Notre Dame) didn't want to sign the exemption form because that would allow the government to contract with a third party to provide contraceptive care for the affected employees.

Learn about the case so you avoid making things up as you go!

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

They weren't. There was a religious exemption available. Some religiously-affiliated groups (e.g., Little Sisters, Notre Dame) didn't want to sign the exemption form because that would allow the government to contract with a third party to provide contraceptive care for the affected employees.

Learn about the case so you avoid making things up as you go!

--Sam
                    For your reading pleasure:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...or_128691.html
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-24-2019, 08:57 AM.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Given your use of the word here, I have to assume that you don't know what "misinformation" means, since your original contention was that:

1) Obama sued "nuns"
                      2) To make them pay for abortions

Both statements are factually incorrect.

--Sam

Comment

I am registered Republican. I would probably never vote for Trump (though before the Republicans were stupid enough to nominate him I had said that about Hillary- so I suppose I might if something clearly worse came along)

This is what the sitting president said about people like me yesterday:

Source: Donald Trump

"The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats. Watch out for them, they are human scum!" he tweeted.

© Copyright Original Source

So, who here will follow him here? Who will draw the line here, and who will join him in his call to hatred?
                        Jim
                        Oh no, Trump insulted you! And now we must insult him back!

Seriously, Jim, your obsession with Trump can't be healthy. I really do think you need to disconnect from politics for a while and reassess your priorities.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Given your use of the word here, I have to assume that you don't know what "misinformation" means, since your original contention was that:

1) Obama sued "nuns"
                          2) To make them pay for abortions

Both statements are factually incorrect.

--Sam
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-24-2019, 09:24 AM.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Try to be accurate pix. I said there are psychologists that observing him have said he is a narcissist and a psychopath. The professional opinion of several well known psychologists is 'evidence to support it' that and his behavior over the last 3 years.
                            Any medical professional who would attempt to make a long-distance diagnosis without a first-hand examination is not worth taking seriously.

But they tell you what you want to hear, so that's good enough as far as you're concerned.

Comment

I have some doubt that had Obama taken to Twitter to call folks who insulted him with racial slurs and racist insinuations about his "real" birthplace and allegiance "human scum", folks on this forum would not have landed on "Oh, he's just barking back."

Day by day, we're learning that a large set of people don't actually want a president that governs a diverse country; they want a brawler-king who does what he wants and crushes their enemies in the process.

--Sam

Comment

You equate either of those with a president calling people "human scum"?

I think that gives folks a pretty good baseline read on you without much further effort.

And, my oh my, do I recall folks here reacting to both those statements by Obama and Clinton. They certainly were not shrugged off.

--Sam

Comment