Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    From Justin Peters today. Looks like Kanye is on track to visit Osteen.

Hello friends. I wanted to briefly address the news this morning that Kanye West is scheduled to appear at Lakewood Church this next Sunday, November 17th, pastored by Joel Osteen.

Last week I posted a video (https://youtu.be/thqKifnCmAE
    1) Kanye should not be leading.

In just the last few weeks he has told the entire world that Mormons are ok,
    2) That ship already sailed, when luminaries like the Grahams rooted for Romney.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by phat8594 View Post
      And to top it off, the Billboard top albums is named "JESUS IS KING".. Tell me anyone here would have predicted that, say 2 months ago?

God is good, and He is in the business of doing the impossible.
      Amen, God is mightily at work. Yet the most amazing thing would be if through his influence, the infamous prostitute Kim Kardashian actually repents.

Wow, it might actually happen.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Here is an addendum just posted, by Justin Peters.
        Not Roman Catholics!
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Not Roman Catholics!

Do you want to get into that?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Say WHAT?!?!?!

Kanye Mulls Legally Changing Name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, he's not showing good signs of genuine repentance, imo.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Since we don't really know what's going on in Kanye's heart or how this will end, I think this thread is more a Christian Rorschach Ink Blot test. It reveals, in part anyway, who you are.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Right back at ya.

Comment

Officers were brought to tears and inmates prayed on their knees during surprise concert at Texas jail by Kanye West

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kanye-...e-jail-concert
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Officers were brought to tears and inmates prayed on their knees during surprise concert at Texas jail by Kanye West

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kanye-...e-jail-concert
                      Saw a video of that on TV this morning on a local news show.

00000000000000ab000-00aaalal.jpg

I'd just feel a whole lot more comfortable if Osteen wasn't involved.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Saw a video of that on TV this morning on a local news show.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40957[/ATTACH]

I'd just feel a whole lot more comfortable if Osteen wasn't involved.
                        And the whole "look how much money I have now" thingy.

Comment

I have no idea what to make of it. I don't spend too much time worrying about whether Kanye is or is not a genuine Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            I have no idea what to make of it. I don't spend too much time worrying about whether Kanye is or is not a genuine Christian.
                            Except if he isn't and is just using it as a means to make more money, then it brings great dishonour to the Lord. And He doesn't need that kind of publicity.

Comment

Except if he isn't and is just using it as a means to make more money, then it brings great dishonour to the Lord. And He doesn't need that kind of publicity.
                              Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Paul...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Paul...
                                From my Bible commentary regarding "from envy and strife":

The attitude of Paul's detractors, who really did preach the gospel but were jealous of his apostolic power and authority, his success and immense giftedness. Strife connotes contention, rivalry and conflict, which resulted when Paul's critics began discrediting him.
                                "from goodwill"

Goodwill speaks of satisfaction and contentment, the attitude that Paul's supporters had for him personally and for his ministry.
                                "selfish ambition"

This describes those who were interested only in self-advancement, or who ruthlessly sought to get ahead at any cost. Paul's detractors used his incarceration as an opportunity to promote their own prestige by accusing Paul of being so sinful the Lord had chastened him by imprisonment.
                                "not sincerely" See note on v. 10

Sincere means "genuine", and may have originally meant "tested by sunlight". In the ancient world, dishonest pottery dealers filled cracks in their inferior products with wax before glazing and painting them, making them difficult to distinguish from expensive ones. The only way to avoid being defrauded was to hold the pot to the sun, making the wax-filled cracks obvious. Dealers marked their fine pottery that could withstand "sun testing" as "sine cera" - "without wax".

Paul's preacher critics did not have pure motives.
                                "the latter out of love"

Paul's supporters were motivated by genuine affection for him and confidence in his virtue (cf. 1 Cor. 13:1,2).
                                "I rejoice...will rejoice"

Paul's joy was not tied to his circumstances or his critics (cf. Ps. 4:7, 8; Rom. 12:12; 2 Cor.6:10). He was glad when the gospel was proclaimed with authority, no matter who received credit. He endured the unjust accusations without bitterness at his accusers. Rather, he rejoiced that they preached Christ, even in a pretense of godliness.
                                Bolding is mine. I don't think that Kanye is preaching with any kind of authority, he is too young a believer, if he is such.

And I don't think we can take this entire passage out of context away from Paul's situation to plant it firmly at the feet of anybody who claims to be a Christian.

I am still skeptical and await further proof of Kanye's genuine conversion.

Comment