Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no proof that it was him, and his wife denies it. What's the big deal?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      It looks like he has a messiah complex. Which I have seen coming for a while.
      I am amazed at how Christians can stay abreast of heretics, yet know so little about movements within the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        I am amazed at how Christians can stay abreast of heretics, yet know so little about movements within the faith!
        Some of us prefer to spend more time living the faith than reading every gossip rag about what's going on in the fringes.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Some of us prefer to spend more time living the faith than reading every gossip rag about what's going on in the fringes.
          Is that what Mossrose is doing? She noted that she had "seen it coming for a while".

Comment

Is that what Mossrose is doing? She noted that she had "seen it coming for a while".

Well, with my "parody of Christianity" what do you expect.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I think you're misreading simplicio here; he's taking mossrose to task for keeping abreast of Kanye West's antics while accusing her of knowing little about movements within the faith.

Kanye West arguably qualifies for "fringe" being reported about by "gossip rag(s)".
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'd like to know how simplicio knows exactly what I do or do not know about "movements within the faith".

He knows nothing about what I keep up with.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

He knows nothing about what I keep up with.
                  Except Theologyweb and rolling pins. From simplicio to complex we have to respect the rolling pins-few can wield it with such grace, such poise, such eloquence...
                  I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                    Except Theologyweb and rolling pins. From simplicio to complex we have to respect the rolling pins-few can wield it with such grace, such poise, such eloquence...
                    Thanks, sweetpea!

Comment

Well, with my "parody of Christianity" what do you expect.
                      Hey, that was Rogue's conclusion.

Comment

Hey, that was Rogue's conclusion.
                        It was?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It was?
                          Post number six in the Beth Moore, Go Home thread.

If it was merely an ad hom, then the comment was not addressed to the ideas in the OP. If it was not an ad hom, then the comment addressed the ideas in the OP.

The OP was drawn from ideas within Christianity, John MacArthur and site Pulpit and Pen, though there is a plethora of other sources available. Christian sources. And you concluded it was an anger fueled parody.

What was being parodied, and what makes it a parody?

Mossrose's position turned out to be pretty much the same as the views in the OP. Since you saw the OP as an anger fueled parody (unless your comment was meant as an ad hom), then it is reasonable to conclude that mossrose's position is also an anger fueled parody, a distortion of the real thing.

The only point to explore is whether you post was well reasoned, that it was reasonable to conclude the OP was an anger fueled parody.

And I might point out that this thread (which was posted on the Christian only section, so it is unlikely many atheists read it) followed the discussion on Mark Galli and who, or what elites are followed, as well as what it means to follow or be fellow travelers.

Comment

If it was merely an ad hom, then the comment was not addressed to the ideas in the OP. If it was not an ad hom, then the comment addressed the ideas in the OP.

The OP was drawn from ideas within Christianity, John MacArthur and site Pulpit and Pen, though there is a plethora of other sources available. Christian sources. And you concluded it was an anger fueled parody.

Mossrose's position turned out to be pretty much the same as the views in the OP. Since you saw the OP as an anger fueled parody (unless your comment was meant as an ad hom), then it is reasonable to conclude that mossrose's position is also an anger fueled parody, a distortion of the real thing.

The only point to explore is whether you post was well reasoned, that it was reasonable to conclude the OP was an anger fueled parody.

And I might point out that this thread (which was posted on the Christian only section, so it is unlikely many atheists read it) followed the discussion on Mark Galli and who, or what elites are followed, as well as what it means to follow or be fellow travelers.

I've just read through that thread again, thanks so much for not giving a link.

You are a master at twisting people's words into whatever you want them to be saying, aren't you, instead of letting their words speak for them.

Rogue in no way inferred that my "brand of Christianit" is a parody. I'm sure he appreciates you throwing him under the bus, though.

You once again prove yourself a troll with no interest in entering into honest discussion.

Comment

I've just read through that thread again, thanks so much for not giving a link.

You are a master at twisting people's words into whatever you want them to be saying, aren't you, instead of letting their words speak for them.

Rogue in no way inferred that my "brand of Christianit" is a parody. I'm sure he appreciates you throwing him under the bus, though.

You once again prove yourself a troll with no interest in entering into honest discussion.
                              I think he's demonstrating a remarkable ability to take what somebody said, pervert it into something with which he can pick a fight, then "off to the races".

Scripture Verse: Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Um... not even close.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment