Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Kanye West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Say WHAT?!?!?!

Kanye Mulls Legally Changing Name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West

Artist and designer Kanye West has thrown out a new name idea and, honestly, it’s hard to tell if he’s joking.

In a surprise appearance at the 2019 Fast Company Innovation Festival, West suggested that he may legally change his name to “Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West” for a little bit.

“When people say it’s crass to call yourself a billionaire, I might legally change my name to Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West for a year until y’all understand exactly what it is,” he told Fast Company senior writer Mark Wilson.

“That’s going to be so hard to type,” Wilson joked.

“It will be on the license plate,” West pitched in.

West’s erratic interview style often results in head-turning lines like this one.

Last year, he stirred up controversy by suggesting slavery was a choice.
    Maybe Bad Orange Man will be inspired to legally change his name to "Very Stable Genius."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

This article speculates, based on the author's personal experience, on the role of Kanye's mental health issues in the way he is behaving relative to his conversion.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

This is telling, from the article:

Kanye has always thought highly of himself, but his recent actions, and focal points, border on messianic.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I realize this is inevitable with his celebrity but I feel for a new believer being put under a microscope.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

At least he is peeing off the right people...

Kanye West held a surprise worship service in a jail — now an atheist group is demanding it never happen again.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/atheis...anye-west-jail
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

My hope for a genuine conversion is fading.
              Last edited by mossrose; 11-27-2019, 07:28 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                His wife was just baptized Armenian Orthodox.
                Just now??? Were they married in an Armenian Orthodox wedding?
                I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                  Just now??? Were they married in an Armenian Orthodox wedding?
                  Not that I'd heard. I only saw an article on my IE newsfeed about her baptism.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They seem to be all over the place theologically, don't they.

Comment

I have hope for them. God has made better out of worse material. For instance me.

I'm still a work in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Not that I'd heard. I only saw an article on my IE newsfeed about her baptism.
                        Perhaps I was confused because it came out a couple years ago that they had a kid that was supposed to be baptized Armenian Orthodox. Glad they are gaining an awareness of religion.

Regardless, our prayers are with them to grow in wisdom with the Lord.
                        I am become death...

Comment

It just keeps getting weirder....

Maybe this is why Jesus rode a donkey.

Kanye West mounted a horse during a recent church service, but things went awry when the equine appeared to get spooked and the singer went tumbling to the floor.

Watch:

VIDEO: Kanye West tumbles off horse during church production

Kanye was dressed in a white robe with with some sort of crown on his head, and was led into the production atop the horse.

The beast seemed to be overwhelmed by it all and its lead struggled to get it into position.

As it got closer to the dancers, it seemed to be attempting to get away, causing the singer to slip off and fall to the ground.

Kim Kardashian took to Twitter to say the man in the video is not Kanye:

Weird.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Urk.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              Urk.
                              As per Kardashian's claim that it's not Kanye on the horse (or falling off), I find lots of sources that state confidently that it was, and ZERO sources that dispute that it was.

Weird.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                As per Kardashian's claim that it's not Kanye on the horse (or falling off), I find lots of sources that state confidently that it was, and ZERO sources that dispute that it was.

Weird.
                                It looks like he has a messiah complex. Which I have seen coming for a while.

Comment