Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump-Russia Probe: Criminal Investigation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump-Russia Probe: Criminal Investigation...

Here we go!

NYT: Investigation into Trump-Russia probe said to become criminal inquiry

A federal investigation into the Trump-Russia probe — which is essentially looking into claims that the FBI's probe into President Trump's 2016 campaign was influenced by anti-Trump sentiments — has evolved into a full-fledged criminal inquiry, two people familiar with the matter said, per the New York Times.

Why it matters: The Justice Department's investigation now has the authority "to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to impanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges," per the Times.

The investigation, led by Attorney General Bill Barr-appointed U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut John Durham, had interviewed "about two dozen and current F.B.I. officials" as of Oct. 19.
    The Justice Department is also technically launching a criminal investigation against itself, since the FBI reports to the attorney general within the DOJ.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-r...f7daa0159.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Now we know what has the Democrats in a panic. It's also worth paying attention to what's happening in Judge Sullivan's courtroom.

Lawyers for former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn reportedly filed a motion on Thursday in which they allege that the Department of Justice manipulated a document to frame their client and is withholding exculpatory evidence.

[...]

The new defense filing alleges that the government is refusing to turn over a mountain of potentially exculpatory evidence, some of which has begun to emerge in the media — either through leaks or through ongoing inquiries into the origins of the probe into alleged Russia “collusion” with the Trump campaign, later found not to exist.

That evidence, Flynn’s legal team alleges, includes an apparent admission by former FBI lawyer Lisa Page ... that she had edited the 302... The edits, the filing alleges, were substantive: they included a claim that Flynn said he did not discuss any sanctions with the Russian ambassador. Flynn’s lawyers allege he merely told the FBI he did not recall, and that the claim he said otherwise was added only after a transcript of his discussion with the ambassador had been leaked to the media.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ding-evidence/

(1) Lisa Page edited the Flynn 302’s, then forgot when questioned by DOJ officials, then re-remembered when shown her texts. (2) The 302’s themselves were written with lies that do not match notes taken during the interview. (3) The felony leaker of the Flynn-Kislyak phone call is named (James Baker). (4) New texts from Page and Strzok that highlight the entrapment plan. (5) ODNI James Clapper telling WaPo reporter Ignatius to “take the kill shot on Flynn“. (6) The purposeful use of Judge Contreras to take the December 1st 2017 plea agreement; and much, much more.

[...]

The FBI leaked details of their investigation to the media and then strategized over how they could weaponize the media reports to conduct investigations. Agent Peter Strzok and FBI Counterintelligence Director Bill Priestap discussed if this approach would work.

The prosecution then intentionally withheld the text messages from Flynn and the public, in their prior releases, showing Peter Strzok and Lisa Page discussing the Strzok & Priestap strategy sessions on using the leaks. Those texts, clear Brady material, were purposefully hidden by the DOJ, until [Flynn lawyer] Sidney Powell went to find them on her own...

[...]

The 302’s were modified to make claims that were never made in the interview. The language was purposefully and willfully made to look like something is wasn’t; and in some cases they made it up completely counter to the actual statement given by Mike Flynn...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...sidney-powell/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

00000000000000ars3k.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]40433[/ATTACH]
          Hey save some for me!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Now we know what has the Democrats in a panic.

If they start handing out charges it will effect this present impeachment thing - it will made it all look like a witch hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              If they start handing out charges it will effect this present impeachment thing - it will made it all look like a witch hunt.
              It already looks like a witchhunt. Indictments from the Department of Justice will just make it harder for certain people to deny.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]40433[/ATTACH]
                Keep eating that - I've got the BACON!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  You mean, it will expose it for what it is.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]40438[/ATTACH]
                      https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...g-ig-report%2F

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40439[/ATTACH]
                      Wow - he was in the middle of it all!

Comment

Arguments from the left.

Either:

"This is just being used to deflect from Russia's election tampering, which proves Trump is a Putin agent."

Or

"This is just the Trump admin trying to influence the 2020 election."

In 3,2....

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Arguments from the left.

Either:

"This is just being used to deflect from Russia's election tampering, which proves Trump is a Putin agent."

Or

"This is just the Trump admin trying to influence the 2020 election."

In 3,2....
                          c) pretend this thread doesn't exist.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Would anyone care to explain the “hoax”?
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Would anyone care to explain the “hoax”?
                              You're gonna have to be more specific than that.

Comment