Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Have the Democrats Accomplished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    ...Since I am not Pro-Trump I was told that I "hate America" and I "hate God" and neither of those things are true.
    Whoever told you that should be ashamed.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Not shutting down the government.
      Sometimes NOT doing something is an accomplishment!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        If you're just here to be argumentative, Jim, please move on to some other thread. I asked the question because I'm genuinely interested.
        I don't believe you are. You claim to be equally disenchanted with both parties, but none of the posts I have ever read by you bear this out. This seems to be a disingenuous claim.

Comment

Whoever told you that should be ashamed.
          They have no shame. As you know, I left that church.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
            They have no shame. As you know, I left that church.
            Ah, had forgotten all about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
              I don't believe you are.
              I am absolutely shattered.

You claim to be equally disenchanted with both parties, but none of the posts I have ever read by you bear this out.
              Did I actually say 'equally'?

This seems to be a disingenuous claim.
              Which claim?

Comment

I am absolutely shattered.

Did I actually say 'equally'?
                Yeah, actually you did.

Which claim?
                The one I referred to in the previous sentence, Sherlock.

Comment

Yeah, actually you did.
                  Then you'll be able to provide the actual quote.

The one I referred to in the previous sentence, Sherlock.
                  You disputed that I was genuinely interested in an answer then you contested your own claim that I said I was equally disenchanted with both parties, Watson.

Comment

OK, aside from endless investigations and always looking for ways to bring down Trump....

What have the Democrats actually accomplished.
                    I mean - let's assume you agree that Trump is a low life scum bag and needs to be removed from office...

BESIDES THAT, what have the Democrats actually accomplished?
                    What can they point to to say "vote for us because we...." (and not what they promise, but what they DID)

Note: This is NOT A "I HATE TRUMP" thread - there are plenty of threads already for that.
                    There's S.R. 8. Universal Background Checks for gun sales that passed the House and has 90% approval among Americans polled.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/polit...eck/index.html

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...ecks-all-gun-/

Comment

There's S.R. 8. Universal Background Checks for gun sales that passed the House and has 90% approval among Americans polled.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/polit...eck/index.html

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...ecks-all-gun-/
                      Have you actually read the thread? It's wonderful that the Dems pass bills, but to actually accomplish anything, they have to also pass the Senate (or compromise with a similar bill) and be signed by POTUS.

I have already acknowledged that is a pretty stiff challenge, given the division and partisanship in our country, so - so far - the best we have is the Robocall Bill, it seems.

Comment

Yeah, actually you did.
                        So, I just did a search (using Tweb's search function which isn't always reliable) for me saying either of the words "equally" or "disenchanted" up to 3 months back - nothing.

Perhaps you can be of assistance.

Comment

Then you'll be able to provide the actual quote.
                          I'll look for it. You've said more than once that both parties are irremediably broken and disgusting, or words to that effect, and yet none of your posts that I read bear that out. If you're not careful, you may start to give some of us the impression of being a less than honest person!

You disputed that I was genuinely interested in an answer then you contested your own claim that I said I was equally disenchanted with both parties, Watson.
                          I can see how that could be confusing. I thought the word "claim" would have clarified it. Your claim to be thoroughly disgusted with both parties appears to be dishonest.

Comment

Also there's somewhat of a bipartisan - if not effort - then at least an agreement on southern wall. The Democrats are against it, and The Republicans are not for it.

Comment

So, I just did a search (using Tweb's search function which isn't always reliable) for me saying either of the words "equally" or "disenchanted" up to 3 months back - nothing.

Perhaps you can be of assistance.
                              Okay, you never actually used the word "equally," but you have said that both parties stink to high heavens. Is that something that we really have to quantify?

Comment

I'll look for it. You've said more than once that both parties are irremediably broken and disgusting, or words to that effect, and yet none of your posts that I read bear that out. If you're not careful, you may start to give some of us the impression of being a less than honest person!
                                Wow, you certainly take liberties with the words of other people!

I can see how that could be confusing. I thought the word "claim" would have clarified it. Your claim to be thoroughly disgusted with both parties appears to be dishonest.
                                I see you backed off the word "equally", though now you're adding "thoroughly" disgusted.

As I stated earlier in this very thread...
                                That's actually pretty easy -- I'm disgusted with the politicians, not the principles.

As well as....

A) That was a friendly dig at Starlight.
                                2) Never claimed I was not biased.
                                C) It's kinda of its own meme.
                                4) I don't think Starlight is actually a "pinko-commie", but he is a 'ferrener'.

Comment