Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Podcast about Lordship Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
    Submitting to God's authority is works.
    I have never understood the autistic interpretation of 'works'. It seems to equate 'works' with any act, so that repenting itself is a work.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
      Obeying God is a characteristic of a Christian, but the Christian's obedience is not what actually saves him or her. When God saves a person, God changes that person so that he or she will obey God, but that changed life is not the basis upon which God declares that person righteous.
      Yes and no, repentance is calling people to obedience, thus Paul can speak of those who "obey the gospel" (2 Th. 1:8).

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        Yes and no, repentance is calling people to obedience, thus Paul can speak of those who "obey the gospel" (2 Th. 1:8).

Blessings,
        Lee
        Faith in Christ is what receives eternal life. There are other commandments of God that people are supposed to obey, but faith in Christ is what receives eternal life.

Comment

Faith in Christ is what receives eternal life. There are other commandments of God that people are supposed to obey, but faith in Christ is what receives eternal life.
          Well, repentance and faith, right? (Mark 1:15) And repentance and faith is our first act of obedience.

Blessings,
          Lee
          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
            Well, repentance and faith, right? (Mark 1:15) And repentance and faith is our first act of obedience.

Blessings,
            Lee
            Faith is the instrument of receiving justification and repentance accompanies it.

Comment

Faith is the instrument of receiving justification and repentance accompanies it.
              Agreed, and faith and repentance are acts of obedience, I would insist...

Blessings,
              Lee

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X