Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    "perverted mind games" And you wonder why you have no friends.
    CP - You may find all this amusing, I have tried, and you are playing some pretty nasty crap here. Trying to twist that around on me is just sick.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      CP - You may find all this amusing, I have tried, and you are playing some pretty nasty crap here. Trying to twist that around on me is just sick.

Jim
      First you accuse me of being angry, now you accuse me of finding this amusing - this seems to be a continuous thing with you, Jim -- I'm not angry, and I don't find this amusing in the least.

Meanwhile - that last line in our signature -- that only applies to others, and not to you?

You can have the last word.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First you accuse me [SIZE=5]of being angry, now you accuse me of finding this amusing - this seems to be a continuous thing with you, Jim -- I'm not angry, and I don't find this amusing in the least.

Meanwhile - that last line in our signature -- that only applies to others, and not to you?

The last word is I have no clue what your game with me is, but whatever it is, it is sick. Please do not reply to me again. I am not allowed to put you on ignore because you are a moderator so if you want to trash me you can and I can't do a thing about it. I will not reply to you again. So any further negative interaction between yourself and me is on you.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The last word is I have no clue what your game with me is, but whatever it is, it is sick. Please do not reply to me again. I am not allowed to put you on ignore because you are a moderator so if you want to trash me you can and I can't do a thing about it. I will not reply to you again. So any further negative interaction between yourself and me is on you.
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I can feel the tension in the room. Is it tense or is this normal? It feels tense. I'll leave quietly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              I can feel the tension in the room. Is it tense or is this normal? It feels tense. I'll leave quietly.
              You're good - the battle is over, the kingdom is quiet.

Comment

"proven innocent"

Like when he payed off Stormy Daniels?

Like when the transcript of the call shows him doing exactly what the Whistleblower said he did?
                Really? Where was the absolute obsession with Hunter Biden that the whistleblower claimed. You know, incessantly bringing him up?

Where was the demand that they "dig up dirt" on Biden?

Where was the demand for quid pro quo?

Oh that's right. You have to know how to properly "interpret" the call. You have to know how to squint just right and hold your jaw a certain way before it appears.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you like Trump, Schiff is probably the best guy the Dems have to manage the prosecution.
                  Over the weekend on one of the cable news networks (Bloomberg IIRC), they had a couple Democrat pollster/advisors on and they were bemoaning how the party allowed Schiff to head the investigation saying that he has already doomed any chance of removing Trump through his actions. They claimed that several Republicans (primarily those who are retiring and don't like Trump) would have joined the Democrats in calling for an impeachment inquiry if it weren't for his bumbling ham-fisted antics.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Not a crime.

False. No evidence of quid pro quo. No evidence that President Zelensky was pressured.
                    Keep in mind that they claim Zelensky is lying when he said he wasn't being pressured or aware of any efforts to pressure him (thus making strong arming him impossible). What they don't realize is that if he is lying because he's scared of Trump then why didn't he simply do what Trump requested -- why did he in effect ignore Trump's efforts at extortion? And if he's lying now out of fear why not produce a couple documents supporting Trump now?

The whole Zelensky's lying about Trump demanding a quid pro quo does not hold up to even a cursory examination.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Keep in mind that they claim Zelensky is lying when he said he wasn't being pressured or aware of any efforts to pressure him (thus making strong arming him impossible). What they don't realize is that if he is lying because he's scared of Trump then why didn't he simply do what Trump requested -- why did he in effect ignore Trump's efforts at extortion? And if he's lying now out of fear why not produce a couple documents supporting Trump now?

The whole Zelensky's lying about Trump demanding a quid pro quo does not hold up to even a cursory examination.
                      How about because if he did what Trump requested, he would have to be participating in manufacturing false information about a potential leader of the US whose support he will continue to need for the foreseeable future.

Or perhaps more generally, it is in the best interests of any country needing us aid not to take sides in our political process. He needs to stay neutral so that any incoming administration is only motivated by US policy and commitments, not personal grudges or loyalties.

What you are calling lying is him just making sure he doesn't create bad blood between himself and the current leader of the us. Just like not going after biden to appease trump is not cutting himself off if trump loses 2020.

A delicate game with someone as unprincipled as Trump
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2019, 05:38 AM.

Comment

I can feel the tension in the room. Is it tense or is this normal? It feels tense. I'll leave quietly.
                        It's not normal. But you don't have to leave quietly. I find shooting spitballs randomly is pretty much guaranteed to hit the guilty parties, eventually.

Comment

............and thats how 'no quid pro quo!' becomes 'quid pro quos are normal in foreign policy! Get over it!'

Remember how this was Mulvaney's original position and republicans immediately distanced themselves from it?

I guess the 'no quid pro quo angle' didn't work out so it's back here again.

And why was the aid held up again? Was it due to lack of EU contribution or was he worried about corruption in Ukraine? Why was it eventually released after being withheld for over four months?
                          Yes, I'm aware that certain parties are twisting Mulvaney's testimony in their desperate effort to "get" Trump. I'm also aware that Shifty Adam Schiff has only leaked the portions of Mulvaney's testimony that he thinks are most damaging to the President, and considering that they're really not that damaging...
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

How about because if he did what Trump requested, he would have to be participating in manufacturing false information about a potential leader of the US whose support he will continue to need for the foreseeable future.

Or perhaps more generally, it is in the best interests of any country needing us aid not to take sides in our political process. He needs to stay neutral so that any incoming administration is only motivated by US policy and commitments, not personal grudges or loyalties.

What you are calling lying is him just making sure he doesn't create bad blood between himself and the current leader of the us. Just like not going after biden to appease trump is not cutting himself off if trump loses 2020.

A delicate game with someone as unprincipled as Trump
                            Of course. That must be it. Why assume the simplest explanation is true (that Zelensky is telling the truth when he says he was never pressured to investigate Biden) when you can concoct wild-eyed conspiracy theories instead?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Over the weekend on one of the cable news networks (Bloomberg IIRC), they had a couple Democrat pollster/advisors on and they were bemoaning how the party allowed Schiff to head the investigation saying that he has already doomed any chance of removing Trump through his actions. They claimed that several Republicans (primarily those who are retiring and don't like Trump) would have joined the Democrats in calling for an impeachment inquiry if it weren't for his bumbling ham-fisted antics.
                              What's your take on why the two Democrats defected? It's interesting that anytime there is a vote "down party lines", it's the Republicans' fault for being obstructionists, but here you actually have two Democrats breaking ranks and voting with the Republicans.

Comment

... why did he in effect ignore Trump's efforts at extortion?
                                Because that would put Ukraine's bipartisan support in congress at risk, as he's been advised repeatedly on the odd chance it wasn't obvious, and as emphasized in opening statements released to the press.

Vindman:
                                I was concerned by the call. I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine. I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained. This would all undermine U.S. national security. Following the call, I again reported my concerns to NSC’s lead counsel.

Taylor:
                                On September 5, I hosted Senators Johnson and Murphy for a visit to Kyiv. During their visit, we met with President Zelenskyy. His first question to the senators was about the withheld security assistance. My recollection of the meeting is that both senators stressed that bipartisan support for Ukraine in Washington was Ukraine's most important strategic asset and that President Zelenskyy should not jeopardize that bipartisan support by getting drawn into U. S. domestic politics.

I had been making (and continue to make this point to all of my Ukrainian official contacts. But the push to make President Zelenskyy publicly commit to investigations of Burisma and alleged interference in the 2016 election showed how the official foreign policy of the United States was undercut by the irregular efforts led by Mr. Giuliani.

That's, at best, a strong argument against cursory examinations. But that's likely too charitable by half.

If you wish to post on these issues sans embarrassment, you're going to have to bite the bullet, give up your addiction to fringe partisan media, and spend the time more profitably by following more reliable sources.

Comment