Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And the other 50% do not believe that the President should be impeached and removed from office. So what? Since when did justice turn on the opinions of the masses? I only care about what the evidence shows, and to date, there is no evidence that Trump has done anything that would meet the Constitutional standard of an impeachable offense.

But you go ahead and continue appealing to the ad populum fallacy. I'm sure the 50% who already think Trump is guilty will be convinced.
    As I said:

“Only those emotionally invested in such polls, tend to answer them”

Justice is based on facts and evidence, not upon an opinion poll. Mob justice isn’t justice.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And the other 50% do not believe that the President should be impeached and removed from office. So what? Since when did justice turn on the opinions of the masses? I only care about what the evidence shows, and to date, there is no evidence that Trump has done anything that would meet the Constitutional standard of an impeachable offense.

But you go ahead and continue appealing to the ad populum fallacy. I'm sure the 50% who already think Trump is guilty will be convinced.
      My point in the post you are replying to was directed at pixies attempt to paint my opinion as that of a crazed individual, it was not meant to address the overall legitimacy of a Trump impeachment.

So your reply begs the question: since you cant comprehend the point of my posts and how they apply to the post I am replying to, how can you be expected to objectively evaluate the impeachment inquiry testimony?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        My point in the post you are replying to was directed at pixies attempt to paint my opinion as that of a crazed individual...
        I'm reminded of the saying "Never underestimate stupid people in large numbers."
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm reminded of the saying "Never underestimate stupid people in large numbers."
          You should be... only you might want to check the mirror.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            As I said:

“Only those emotionally invested in such polls, tend to answer them”

Justice is based on facts and evidence, not upon an opinion poll. Mob justice isn’t justice.
            Neither are kangaroo courts ...

The problem you have in all this pix is that Trump actually did try to hold funds allocated by congress for Ukraine against national security interests and for personal gain.

That is the simple bottom line, the simple conclusion of the evidence. And so it doesnt matter who's is obsessed, or angry, or offended, or any other ancillary factor you want to complain about.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-02-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Neither are kangaroo courts ...

The problem you have in all this pix is that Trump actually did try to hold funds allocated by congress for Ukraine against national security interests and for personal gain.

That is the simple bottom line, the simple conclusion of the evidence. And so it doesnt matter who's is obsessed, or angry, or offended, or any other ancillary factor you want to complain about.
              No he didn’t, but if you believe that, I got a really great deal on this bridge in NYC to sell you super cheap!

Point is, you’ll believe anything, as long as it confirms your pre assumption: “Orange Man Bad!!!!!!”

Hope you enjoy watching another Trump win. All because of people, like you.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And the other 50% do not believe that the President should be impeached and removed from office....
                It's amazing how people will abandon the constitutional process in favor of the "polls say" model. We are not a democracy, but a representative republic, and it's up to the Representatives to do their job.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  It's amazing how people will abandon the constitutional process in favor of the "polls say" model. We are not a democracy, but a representative republic, and it's up to the Representatives to do their job.
                  “Just ignore due process and presumption of innocence and just go with what the crowd says. It worked great for me.”
                  - Judge John Hathorne
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You'll stoop as low as necessary to defend DT, won't you?
                    Truth and facts are horrible things in your world. Especially if they contradict your carefully crafted fact-free narrative.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That is the corrupt spin you are using. But it is obstruction regardless of what low bridge you are willing to crawl under to allow you some semblance of justification for it.
                      It is not obstruction in any way, shape, or form because the White House is under no legal, moral, or ethical obligation to respond to Shifty Schiff's demand letters.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's amazing how not one of you has the capacity to read and understand my reply. But perhaps that isn't your goal. You just like to take the opportunity to bash on people regardless of whether or not there is an actual reason to do so?

Comment

It is not obstruction in any way, shape, or form because the White House is under no legal, moral, or ethical obligation to respond to Shifty Schiff's demand letters.
                          That would not be the opinion of those issuing the subpoenas, or the vast majority of those dealing with this process from a non partisan position.

The problem MM is that you are 100% partisan and I am not even 10% partisan. And whatever partisan leanings I have are actually away from many of the Democratic party's positions.

So while you think I am somehow just 'massively biased', the reality is that you and others that continually decry the 'Dems' that are - in fact - the biased partisan hacks.

My concern is the integrity of our government and its ideals. Your concern is getting back and the MSM and those awful 'liberals'. While I am willing to overlook my differences with those that accept in toto the Democratic party platform for the good of the country, you say 'Who cares what the impact is to our country' and you support Trump with eyes closed and ears covered as he tramples on the constitution that defines this nation.

Comment

It's amazing how not one of you has the capacity to read and understand my reply. But perhaps that isn't your goal. You just like to take the opportunity to bash on people regardless of whether or not there is an actual reason to do so?
                            You're on a wild roller coaster, Jim, and you're quickly approaching the "everybody's attacking me" perigee again.

I'll back off.

PS - if nobody "has the capacity to read and understand" your reply, perhaps there's a more obvious common denominator?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're on a wild roller coaster, Jim, and you're quickly approaching the "everybody's attacking me" perigee again.

I'll back off.
                              Probably best. But I'll try an honest appeal to what is left of honesty in you.

My post was not an appeal to the polls as a validation of truth. It was stating the simple fact that my opinion is not by any stretch a minority or singular opinion. And if you had an ounce of honesty in you instead of cheap shots like the above you'd admit you were wrong to affirm MM's claim I was using the polls to justify my opinion and apologize.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-02-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I'll back off.

PS - if nobody "has the capacity to read and understand" your reply, perhaps there's a more obvious common denominator?
                                Gaslighting does not become you CP.

Comment