Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Okay, but Sondland is a star witness for impeachment - this seriously hurts your case.
    Nope, doesn't hurt in the least. The reason for his retelling is because of the testimony of others to the contrary of his own. He knew he was busted and had to save himself now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Okay, but Sondland is a star witness for impeachment - this seriously hurts your case.
      I think Jim is unintentionally making the case that Sondland is an unreliable witness.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I think Jim is unintentionally making the case that Sondland is an unreliable witness.
        Yes, he is unreliable, he's proven his unreliability when he was caught lying, but those to whom he decided to unite with in fact, in order to save his own hide after perjuring himself, are not unreliable. In fact they are extremely reliable, and Sondland, who thinking he could get away with it, lied to congress. In a court of law, he wouldn't get a do over, he's extremely lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Yes, he is unreliable, he's proven his unreliability when he was caught lying, but those to whom he decided to unite with in fact, in order to save his own hide after perjuring himself, are not unreliable. In fact they are extremely reliable, and Sondland, who thinking he could get away with it, lied to congress. In a court of law, he wouldn't get a do over, he's extremely lucky.
          You do make me smile.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You do make me smile.
            Let's try to act loke adults now, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              I'm curious if you can show any contradictions between his original testimony and his amendments.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Let's try to act loke adults now, CP.
                Adults are allowed to smile, Jim.

Comment

It is very important to keep in mind that this 'unreliability' as you call it stems from trying to hide facts that are damaging to Trump. You act like this unreliability somehow helps Trump. It doesnt. What it means is there may well be other damaging things he knows about Trump that he's so far not told us.

And it further means that since he is only motivated to reveal that damaging information when in personal jeopardy ( e.g being shown to have perjured himself) it means that his testimony on those matters is likely true and also reinforced by what ever evidence forced him to reveal what he knew in the first place.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-12-2019, 11:42 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    It is very important to keep in mind that this 'unreliability' as you call it stems from trying to hide facts that are damaging to Trump. You act like this unreliability somehow helps Trump. It doesnt. What it means is there may well be other damaging things he knows about Trump that he's so far not told us.
                    I'll not be discussing any aspect of Trump and/or his impeachment with you, Jim.

Comment

I'll not be discussing any aspect of Trump and/or his impeachment with you, Jim.
                      You can feel free not to discuss any post I create CP. Just keep in mind nursing grudges is generally not a healthy thing to do.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So, the point was that good. Interesting.
                        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You can feel free not to discuss any post I create CP. Just keep in mind nursing grudges is generally not a healthy thing to do.
                          No grudges whatsoever, Jim... I just see absolutely no point in trying to discuss any aspect of Trump with you.

Comment

Just keep in mind nursing grudges is generally not a healthy thing to do.
                            You would know, Mr. Persecution Complex.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              So, the point was that good. Interesting.
                              Isn't it great that we live in a free country so you can come up with idiot conclusions?

Comment

Isn't it great that we live in a free country so you can come up with idiot conclusions?
                                Have you moved?
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment