Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1129

Thread: Whistleblower identified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That's a little harsh, lilpix. As far as I can tell, he's posting what he honestly thinks, doesn't see that he's coming across as feeling superior to everyone else, and doesn't see that he's bashing people just as much as those he castigates. We all tend to be blind to our own failings, especially when we become emotionally invested in an argument.
    The truth hurts. He attacks his fellow Christians, question their faith, based on what? Disagreeing with his politics.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The truth hurts. He attacks his fellow Christians, question their faith, based on what? Disagreeing with his politics.
    If I thought you were accurately portraying him, I would not have objected. Part of the problem here is that BOTH sides tend to see the other in the worst possible light. Both sides would benefit from displaying a little charity.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

3. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If I thought you were accurately portraying him, I would not have objected. Part of the problem here is that BOTH sides tend to see the other in the worst possible light. Both sides would benefit from displaying a little charity.
    I amen'd your post not so much as an "Amen", but an "oh me!"
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Alternatively, an innocent man is under no obligation to compel his colleagues to be interrogated by a hostile committee. Remember, when the subpoenas were challenged in court, Schiff immediately rescinded them instead of waiting to see if they would pass the judicial test. Why would he do that if he was confident that they were legally valid?

Again, if the House wants to compel them to testify then all they have to do is grant subpoena authority to the Judicial Committee with a House vote. The ball is in their court, and they're just letting it sit there.
    To be fair, there would still be a question of executive privilege in some cases. It's not automatic that all would testify.

That said, yeah valid subpoenas would significantly strengthen the Democrats case that the Administration isn't cooperating. And they know it.

On to Round Ten!

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I base my observation on what I see and this what I see:

He thinks Trump is among the most evil people to exist and nothing will change his mind.

There is no meaningful discussion to be had, when any opposing view is treated as enemies at the gates.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Probably best. But I'll try an honest appeal to what is left of honesty in you.

My post was not an appeal to the polls as a validation of truth. It was stating the simple fact that my opinion is not by any stretch a minority or singular opinion. And if you had an ounce of honesty in you instead of cheap shots like the above you'd admit you were wrong to affirm MM's claim I was using the polls to justify my opinion and apologize.
    How is all that NOT an attack on Cow Poke? Jim, you routinely do what you accuse others of doing to you. Kind of a reverse golden rule or something?

9. Amen Cow Poke, Mountain Man, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're sounding more and more like JimL all the time, Ox. Your arguments are becoming more personal and emotional rather than professional and reasonable.
    And you're sounding more and more like a hypocrite all the time. You ought first to remove the log there, buddy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    How is all that NOT an attack on Cow Poke? Jim, you routinely do what you accuse others of doing to you. Kind of a reverse golden rule or something?
    Which is doubly odd in light of the line in his signature that says...
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

I don't take it personally -- I think he is so consumed with this Trump thing that it's like a cancer that's eating him from inside out, but he can't see that.

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Facts not in evidence, but, sure, Jim --- whatever you say.

ETA: But it's nice that Ox's atheist buddies can always come to his defense.
    Of course the facts are not in evidence for you, there's that log thingie.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I actually missed that earlier. That's truly sad.