Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Which is why I wonder if Pelosi tried to deliberately sabotage any impeachment.
    I've wondered that myself. What are the chances she'll reluctantly decide not to move forward because of a lack of conclusive evidence while deliberately selling it as an open question that liberals can use to beat Trump over the head with? Is she really that shrewd and scheming?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      That's an interesting thought! She's not stupid, and she hasn't wanted the impeachment, but HAD to appear to be gung ho over it ---- she can blame Schiff for blowing it, and her fingerprints are not all over it.
      And if Shiff had aspirations of replacing her this might have been her way of ensuring that he won't stand a chance.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And if Shiff had aspirations of replacing her this might have been her way of ensuring that he won't stand a chance.
        So, as it stands, the Democrats most certainly can impeach without a single republican - if all 435 House members vote, they would need 218 votes for a majority to be reached and for Trump to be impeached, and they have 235 Democrats. Absolutely doable.

It would, however, be painfully obvious that this was an incredibly partisan effort.

Even with a majority vote in the House, they would still need 2/3 majority of the Senate’s 100 members to vote to for the President to be removed from office, which means a total of 67 Senators would need to vote to convict and remove the President.

I think the Democrats have succeeded in giving the Republicans the gift of unlimited fundraising.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Playing games, instead of answering the question, I see.
          Just copying you ...

It's a really dumb analogy, Jim, as the entire world already knows who the alleged whistle blower is.
          I'm sure it is gratifying to call my analogy dump. But this is after a concerted effort to out him. And my point has to do with the attitude that outed him in the first place, not whether or not he was outed.

Your reply is sort of like 'well everyone else told them where he was, so I did to, I mean why not.' You asked if I consider schiff not admitting to his presumed knowledge lying. When you answer my question I'll tell you.

Again, dumb analogy. Your desperation to defend Schiff's outright lie is duly noted.
          My intent is not to defend Schiff, but to point out just how low and disgusting it is for people to be so eager to make a person's life difficult if not dangerous for simply doing the right thing.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Just copying you ...
            Well, you're not, but since that's the sincerest form of flattery...

I'm sure it is gratifying to call my analogy dump.
            Dumb.

But this is after a concerted effort to out him. And my point has to do with the attitude that outed him in the first place, not whether or not he was outed.

Your reply is sort of like 'well everyone else told them where he was, so I did to, I mean why not.' You asked if I consider schiff not admitting to his presumed knowledge lying. When you answer my question I'll tell you.
            No, Jim, you're a lot smarter than this. The cartel wouldn't even be ASKING me if they knew who the guy was, would they? That's part of why it's a dumb analogy.

My intent is not to defend Schiff, but to point out just how low and disgusting it is for people to be so eager to make a person's life difficult if not dangerous for simply doing the right thing.
            And there you go again with that, in my opinion, faux disgust --- It is entirely likely that Schiff is outright lying, and for no good reason other than hide his other misstatements and obfuscations.

Here, lemme work up a little "disgust" of my own.... I'm DISGUSTED that you think it's acceptable for Schiff to lie!!!!

There, I feel better.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, as it stands, the Democrats most certainly can impeach without a single republican - if all 435 House members vote, they would need 218 votes for a majority to be reached and for Trump to be impeached, and they have 235 Democrats. Absolutely doable.

It would, however, be painfully obvious that this was an incredibly partisan effort.

Even with a majority vote in the House, they would still need 2/3 majority of the Senate’s 100 members to vote to for the President to be removed from office, which means a total of 67 Senators would need to vote to convict and remove the President.

I think the Democrats have succeeded in giving the Republicans the gift of unlimited fundraising.
              Especially partisan if a few Democrats join with the Republicans (like what happened for the "inquiry" vote). That makes the opposition to impeachment bipartisan.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Especially partisan if a few Democrats join with the Republicans (like what happened for the "inquiry" vote). That makes the opposition bipartisan.
                And it's entirely likely that those in certain districts will either be allowed to vote no (so their position is not at risk) or to abstain. (and, yeah, both sides do this)

Comment

Well, you're not, but since that's the sincerest form of flattery...

Dumb.

No, Jim, you're a lot smarter than this. The cartel wouldn't even be ASKING me if they knew who the guy was, would they? That's part of why it's a dumb analogy.
                  No, you just don't want to give the obvious answer because you know it implicates those that have gotten so much pleasure out of slamming the whistle blower.

And there you go again with that, in my opinion, faux disgust --- It is entirely likely that Schiff is outright lying, and for no good reason other than hide his other misstatements and obfuscations.
                  If he is lying he is lying to maintain a position of integrity wrt the whistle blower. And it is not faux disgust. Turn back to the first few pages of this thread. I've maintained my disgust at the attitude expressed in this thread towards the whistle blower since the thread was started. I have a very great deal of disgust across the board for how people of integrity are consistently maligned on this site in deference to a man that lies, cheats and commits crimes just it seems for the fun of it.

Here, lemme work up a little "disgust" of my own.... I'm DISGUSTED that you think it's acceptable for Schiff to lie!!!!

There, I feel better.
                  Most people accept that lying to protect an innocent person from retribution by vengeful or hateful people is even if 'wrong', the lesser of two evils.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, you just don't want to give the obvious answer because you know it implicates those that have gotten so much pleasure out of slamming the whistle blower.
                    No, Jim, I just don't want to play a game that has nothing to do with the case at hand, no matter how you try to twist it.

If he is lying

he is lying to maintain a position of integrity wrt the whistle blower.
                    Sadly, I believe you buy that steaming pile of poo.

You kinda remind me of the whole "Lying for the Lord" Mormon thing.

Comment

Most people accept that lying to protect an innocent person from retribution by vengeful or hateful people is even if 'wrong', the lesser of two evils.

Jim
                      Jim, take a deep breath and think about this a minute ---- EVERYBODY besides "lying for the Lord" Schiff knows who the alleged whistle blower is. If anybody wanted to do him harm, his name is already out there. It is absolutely preposterous to defend Schiff's lying on that basis.

You are doing exactly the same thing you accuse "Trumpsters" of doing.

Comment

Just copying you ...
                        FYI, jim.

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                        ... half of whose posts mock others — including the fellow you're abusing your mod powers to harass ...
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        If, as one of my esteemed colleagues suggests (in helping decode your little spitball), this refers to my responses to Ox's requests for me not to respond to him, I'll concede this a valid point and adjust accordingly.

Comment

Eric Ciaramella is NOT a whistleblower no matter how much the left and MSM try to change the definition. He is a leaker plain and simple.
                          You and some right fringe media say one thing; the ICIG, the congress, and the MSM say something else.

I'd hedge that bet if'n I were you.
                          There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the
                          prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so
                          whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
                          Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if
                          you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

Comment

Just copying you ...
                            FYI, jim.

... half of whose posts mock others — including the fellow you're abusing your mod powers to harass ...
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            If, as one of my esteemed colleagues suggests (in helping decode your little spitball), this refers to my responses to Ox's requests for me not to respond to him, I'll concede this a valid point and adjust accordingly.
                            So, if Ox asks me not to respond to his posts, I am wrong to declare "I can post anywhere I want". I failed to consider that could be seen as an abuse of mod powers, and was only thinking in terms of "freedom of speech".

Comment

So, if Ox asks me not to respond to his posts, I am wrong to declare "I can post anywhere I want". I failed to consider that could be seen as an abuse of mod powers, and was only thinking in terms of "freedom of speech".
                              Damn, that looks sincere.

Board software recognizes there are times when posters get into a space where the best idea for the entire board is to allow them to disengage entirely, so they built in an "ignore" utility. Because moderation can't work if moderation posts are ignored, staff are excluded, creating less than optimal opportunities for disengagement.

eyesopen.jpg

The first board I ever posted, the infamous IH, had no moderation at all.

Comment

Just wait til he gets called by the Senate to testify under oath.
                                That's what makes this so insane - the Senate is talking full trial. Schiff, the gossip (what whistle blower), Joe Biden and Hunter Biden will all be called to testify.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment