Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Technically, he said that Obamacare was deliberately written "in a tortured way" to conceal things from the public and then smugly added that the obfuscation succeeded due to "the stupidity of the American voter."
    And I'm certain that tactic did not begin and end with Obamacare.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And I'm certain that tactic did not begin and end with Obamacare.
      Makes you look at bureaucratic jargon with a slightly more jaundiced eye

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        [hysterics]Much like there’s no rational bases to assume it’s possible to have a conversation with you, about Trump, that isn’t filled with hysterics.[/hysterics] Of course, if we apply your standards evenly, we wouldn’t be giving benefits of the doubt to the media, congress, most of Hollywood, many businessmen, nor our ruling elite. Yet, you will never do that.
        I would apply my words evenly pix. But they can't be extended generally and without prejudice to large groups of people like you are doing here. They would need to be applied on a case by case basis to individuals that demonstrate the same sorts of low integrity behavior as the examples I gave relating to Donald Trump.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I would apply my words evenly pix. But they can't be extended generally and without prejudice to large groups of people like you are doing here. They would need to be applied on a case by case basis to individuals that demonstrate the same sorts of low integrity behavior as the examples I gave relating to Donald Trump.
          ABC and NBC squashed stories related to Epstein, congress had a tax paid fund that several members used to pay off women accusing them of sexual harassment, Hollywood hid Weinstein's many sexual encounters, for over 20 years, etc. Feel free to dispute any of these stories because our elite class is filled with moral degenerates and their enablers. Like I said, you won’t apply your standards across the board.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

ABC and NBC squashed stories related to Epstein, congress had a tax paid fund that several members used to pay off women accusing them of sexual harassment, Hollywood hid Weinstein's many sexual encounters, for over 20 years, etc. Feel free to dispute any of these stories because our elite class is filled with moral degenerates and their enablers. Like I said, you won’t apply your standards across the board.
            Why wouldn't I? Of course I would.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I think it's worth noting at this point that Obamacare architect John Gruber infamously said that the Democrat party depends on the stupidity of its voters to move their agenda forward.

We know you lot are losing when the argument reverts to Obama/Hillary.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                And with out jaws hanging open we were like, "um, wow. Yeah. Impeachment is obviously the only option. He's toast."
                "Trump is going down, this time, really!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post

We know you lot are losing when the argument reverts to Obama/Hillary.
                  I'm not arguing about Hillary or Obama, simply pointing out that the entire Democrat agenda depends on the stupidity of those who vote for them.

Comment

Why wouldn't I? Of course I would.
                    The very groups and people that were doing all the stuff I mentioned, are the ones telling you Trump is guilty of all these crimes.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The very groups and people that were doing all the stuff I mentioned, are the ones telling you Trump is guilty of all these crimes.
                      No pix. There are individuals involved, and with news organizations, literally thousands of them. So your generalizations, even if they have valid basis in fact, can't be tossed out to cover broad swaths as you have wrt the specific wrongdoing associated with Donald Trump.

1) His actions are his own
                      2) they are not mitigated by the fact others may have committed similar acts
                      3) the actions of individual members of large organizations like the MSM cannot be extended w/o prejudice to all such members, or even most such members.

Further, what I'm reacting to is not their interpretations of the facts, but the facts themselves. I'm observing the facts, and observing the reactions of the various news organizations and politicians to them. And while I would not claim any specific news outlet is 'completely unbiased' in their reporting, the fundamental issues are being reported most consistently in line with the facts as we have them by what you like to call 'the Main Stream Media', and the most irrational spin is being put on them by certain republicans and certain conservative news outlets - like brietbart.

Comment

Further, what I'm reacting to is not their interpretations of the facts, but the facts themselves.

You've fallen for so much spin, and then add your own, that I don't think you know if you're coming or going.

By the way, have you heard the latest? Ukraine's foreign minister said that Sondland never told him or anybody else in the Ukrainian government that the release of US military aid was dependent on Ukraine investigating Quid Pro Joe.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-never-linked/

Comment

You've fallen for so much spin, and then add your own, that I don't think you know if you're coming or going.

By the way, have you heard the latest? Ukraine's foreign minister said that Sondland never told him or anybody else in the Ukrainian government that the release of US military aid was dependent on Ukraine investigating Quid Pro Joe.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-never-linked/
                          And Sondland did not mention prystaiko in his revised statement.

Source: Sondland

In the updated testimony, Gordon Sondland, the US ambassador to the European Union — and one of the “three amigos” running Trump’s Ukraine policy — said he had discussed the request with Andriy Yermak, a top adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky at a Sept. 1 meeting between Vice President Pence and Zelensky in Warsaw.

© Copyright Original Source

It is interesting prystaiko would make the effort to say that, AND that he would publicly announce there are 'independent' investigations that include Burisma - the long hoped for request of Trump/Giuliani et al, AND emphasize Ukraine does NOT want to be embroiled in US domestic politics. Talk about covering all the bases!

However, it's a big deal he would do that - there is no denying that.

Comment

• Oh, right, I forgot about your "The Ukrainian government is so scared of Trump that they're willing to lie for him" nuttery.

Comment

Oh, right, I forgot about your "The Ukrainian government is so scared of Trump that they're willing to lie for him" nuttery.
                              It was interesting seeing the "star witnesses" reluctantly agree that things in Ukraine are better under Trump than they were under Obama.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, right, I forgot about your "The Ukrainian government is so scared of Trump that they're willing to lie for him" nuttery.
                                Still extending that hand of friendship I see ...

Comment