Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Actual fact: Trump supplied the congress approved “lethal assistance” to Ukraine ONLY after the whistle-blower's report became public, having previously used it to shakedown the Ukrainian president re finding dirt on a political rival.
    Really?

The report was released in September. Here is an article that less than 10 seconds of searching pulled up from May of last year (16 months earlier):

Source: For first time, Ukraine showcases its American-made Javelin missiles

Ukraine tested its new Javelin anti-tank missiles Tuesday for the first time since the United States approved the sale of the weapon system to assist Ukraine’s defenses in its ongoing conflict with pro-Russian separatists.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced the first test of the missiles over Twitter.

“Finally this day has come! Today, for the first time in Ukraine, the launch of Javelin missile complexes took place,” Poroshenko wrote. “This is a very effective defensive weaponry, which is used in the event of Russian offensive on the positions of Ukrainian troops.”

Poroshenko also wrote that he was grateful to U.S. leadership, including President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, for deciding that Ukraine should be armed with the weapons.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at link above*]

As you can see the Ukrainians already had them even before Zelensky was elected.

Do you actually work at being so darn wrong?
    Last edited by rogue06; 11-17-2019, 04:15 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Like I have said before CP seems more concerned with those who are critics of Trump than with Trump himself and the people who have to live or die as a consequence of his incompetent decisions. Not very rational - especially not for a non supporter.
      If the critics are shown to be, yet again, wildly wrong about Trump then it only makes sense to be more concerned about them

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Really?

The report was released in September. Here is an article that less than 10 seconds of searching pulled up from May of last year (16 months earlier):

Source: For first time, Ukraine showcases its American-made Javelin missiles

Ukraine tested its new Javelin anti-tank missiles Tuesday for the first time since the United States approved the sale of the weapon system to assist Ukraine’s defenses in its ongoing conflict with pro-Russian separatists.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced the first test of the missiles over Twitter.

“Finally this day has come! Today, for the first time in Ukraine, the launch of Javelin missile complexes took place,” Poroshenko wrote. “This is a very effective defensive weaponry, which is used in the event of Russian offensive on the positions of Ukrainian troops.”

Poroshenko also wrote that he was grateful to U.S. leadership, including President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, for deciding that Ukraine should be armed with the weapons.

Source

[*Story continues at link above*]

As you can see the Ukrainians already had them even before Zelensky was elected.

Do you actually work at being so darn wrong?
        And here is another article from 2018, this time from April showing that Tass' claim is off by at least 17 months.

Source: Ukraine receives U.S. Javelin systems: Poroshenko

Ukraine has received the first U.S. Javelin missiles and launch units, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Monday.

In March the U.S. State Department approved the possible sale of Javelin systems to Ukraine at an estimated cost of $47 million.

“I can confirm that the long-awaited weapon arrived in the Ukrainian army” Poroshenko said on Facebook.

Kiev and Washington believe that the Javelin system will help Ukraine build its long-term defense capacity.

Source

This has to be the most incompetent shakedown in history

Comment

And here is another article from 2018, this time from April showing that Tass' claim is off by at least 17 months.

Source: Ukraine receives U.S. Javelin systems: Poroshenko

Ukraine has received the first U.S. Javelin missiles and launch units, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Monday.

In March the U.S. State Department approved the possible sale of Javelin systems to Ukraine at an estimated cost of $47 million.

“I can confirm that the long-awaited weapon arrived in the Ukrainian army” Poroshenko said on Facebook.

Kiev and Washington believe that the Javelin system will help Ukraine build its long-term defense capacity.

Source

This has to be the most incompetent shakedown in history
          Well, Trump always shoots for the best!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            I dont concoct. Nor do I support criminals and thugs that lie daily.
            You seem to be hanging on Schiff's utterances and treating it as gospel[1] so your claim is inherently suspect.

1. Uncritically regurgitating every claim he's been spewing even when the most cursory look clearly reveals that he's lying

Comment

If the critics are shown to be, yet again, wildly wrong about Trump then it only makes sense to be more concerned about them
              "If" it the magic word. Neither you nor CP seem to have much succes showing that they are wrong. So perhaps you should focus on the possibility your "if" leaves open. Especially a non supporter should be able to understand the meaning of "if" in this context?
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You seem to be hanging on Schiff's utterances and treating it as gospel[1] so your claim is inherently suspect.

1. Uncritically regurgitating every claim he's been spewing even when the most cursory look clearly reveals that he's lying
                So, is that how you read the Gospel? "Uncritically regurgitating every claim he's been spewing even when the most cursory look clearly reveals that he's lying"
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

"If" it the magic word. Neither you nor CP seem to have much succes showing that they are wrong. So perhaps you should focus on the possibility your "if" leaves open. Especially a non supporter should be able to understand the meaning of "if" in this context?
                  Actually we do.

On the TDS crowd's side we have second, third and even fourth hand hearsay. That and that Trump could've handled the removal of Yovanovitch better, is about it.

Meanwhile
                  • We have the transcript that demonstrates that the so-called whistleblower along with his mentor and coach (Schiff) grossly misrepresented things -- repeatedly
                  • We know that despite being coached the so-called whistleblower's testimony was such a flop that Schiff has no interest in allowing him to testify
                  • We know that the witnesses were allowed to talk to each other and coordinate their testimony thanks to a slip of the tongue by Eric Swalwell while on Meet the Press yet they still couldn't provide any first hand knowledge of anything.
                  • We have the testimony of the President of the Ukraine (Zelensky) who has said that he was never pressured and didn't even know that the aid had been temporarily delayed[1]
                  • We have the fact that the Ukrainians never opened up any investigation but still got the aid -- proof that it was never a condition

Shall I continue

1. You can not strong arm someone who is unaware that leverage is being applied

Comment

Actually we do.

On the TDS crowd's side we have second, third and even fourth hand hearsay. That and that Trump could've handled the removal of Yovanovitch better, is about it.

Meanwhile
                    • We have the transcript that demonstrates that the so-called whistleblower along with his mentor and coach (Schiff) grossly misrepresented things -- repeatedly
                    • We know that despite being coached the so-called whistleblower's testimony was such a flop that Schiff has no interest in allowing him to testify
                    • We know that the witnesses were allowed to talk to each other and coordinate their testimony thanks to a slip of the tongue by Eric Swalwell while on Meet the Press yet they still couldn't provide any first hand knowledge of anything.
                    • We have the testimony of the President of the Ukraine (Zelensky) who has said that he was never pressured and didn't even know that the aid had been temporarily delayed[1]
                    • We have the fact that the Ukrainians never opened up any investigation but still got the aid -- proof that it was never a condition

Shall I continue

1. You can not strong arm someone who is unaware that leverage is being applied
                    So, why did you write "if" then? And why do you rely on ad hominems and write "TDS crowd's"? It would not be because you know the statements you have made have been and continue to be discussed?
                    Last edited by Charles; 11-17-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

So, why did you write "if" then?
                      I'll take that as your concession that the critics have been shown to be, yet again, wildly wrong about Trump, and are now left with nothing more than whimpering and whining about my use of the word "if."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Actual fact: Trump supplied the congress approved “lethal assistance” to Ukraine....
                        Correct. Obama did not.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"If" it the magic word. Neither you nor CP seem to have much succes showing that they are wrong....
                          Goes to pattern, your honor!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, is that how you read the Gospel? "Uncritically regurgitating every claim he's been spewing even when the most cursory look clearly reveals that he's lying"
                            Do you understand the difference between "like gospel" and "Gospel"? No. You don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Correct. Obama did not.
                              Congress didn't appropriate those funds under Obama, and Obama didn't illegally hold up appropriated funds. Nor did he use appropriated funds to bribe a foreign leader for personal gain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Goes to pattern, your honor!
                                Pattern doesn't seem to have that same effect on you when it comes to Trump, CP.

Comment