Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower identified

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Several high profile military men don't think much of Vindman at this point.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-disgrace/
    Breitbart!

Shameful propaganda, but typical given the source.

"Alexander Vindman is a great American patriot". He "had the courage to put the country’s interests before his own. Vindman, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, came forward to tell the truth about President Trump’s actions, despite the obvious risks to his career.

That can’t be an easy thing for anyone to do — to blow the whistle on a boss, let alone the commander in chief. And for his courage, Vindman was rewarded by having his patriotism demeaned by Republicans including John Yoo, Sean Duffy and multiple Fox News hosts. They suggested that, as an immigrant, he wasn’t loyal to the United States".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/30/o...p-ukraine.html
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

2. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Several high profile military men don't think much of Vindman at this point.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tive-disgrace/
    I guess support for the troops is yet another principle that Republicans now show they never believed in and will happily sacrifice on the altar of Trump worship.

4. Amen Tassman, oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I guess support for the troops is yet another principle that Republicans now show they never believed in and will happily sacrifice on the altar of Trump worship.
    Compared to what they already offered at that altar of Trump worship this is not the worst. Thus they will predictably fail to see the importance.

6. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimbulb View Post
    Just because someone can put on a uniform doesn't automatically make him above reproach.

National Security Council supervisors and colleagues raised concerns about Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman’s judgment on multiple occasions, according to testimony Tuesday from former National Security Director of Russia and European affairs Tim Morrison.

Morrison said his predecessor Dr. Fiona Hill and other staff at the NSC had raised concerns about Vindman’s judgment, as well as Deputy Senior Director for Europe John Erath.

Morrison also stated in his testimony that others at the National Security Council expressed concerns that Vindman had leaked sensitive information.

Officials also had concerns that Vindman worked outside of the chain of command.

“I would consider it to be an unfortunate habit he picked up from his prior boss,” he said, referring to Hill.

Morrison said that other personnel raised concerns about Vindman, leading him to “keep an eye” on him and form his own conclusion.

Morrison acknowledged that after watching Vindman’s behavior, he was not confident in his judgment.

“He did not always exercise the best judgment in terms of the policymaking process,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mans-judgment/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post

Remember, this is the same person that attacked me for my military service.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

10. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One thing we do know about Vindman is that he lacked the courage and conviction to blow the whistle himself and instead leaked his version of the story to his buddy in the CIA, Eric Ciaramella, who submitted the false complaint against President Trump.

Vindman also admitted that he attempted to undermine US foreign policy by making his own policy decisions separate from those of the Presidential Administration, such as telling President Zelensky to stay out of US affairs.

Furthermore, he lied about the contents of the phonecall, claiming that Trump made a demand, but when Rep. Ratcliffe challenged Vindman to support his accusation with a direct quote from the transcript, Vindman couldn't, even after Ratcliffe generously gave him several minutes to read the transcript during the hearing, to which Vindman comically replied, "Let me see if I can find something."

Yeah, the guy is real hero.

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just because someone can put on a uniform doesn't automatically make him above reproach.

National Security Council supervisors and colleagues raised concerns about Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman’s judgment on multiple occasions, according to testimony Tuesday from former National Security Director of Russia and European affairs Tim Morrison.

Morrison said his predecessor Dr. Fiona Hill and other staff at the NSC had raised concerns about Vindman’s judgment, as well as Deputy Senior Director for Europe John Erath.

Morrison also stated in his testimony that others at the National Security Council expressed concerns that Vindman had leaked sensitive information.

Officials also had concerns that Vindman worked outside of the chain of command.

“I would consider it to be an unfortunate habit he picked up from his prior boss,” he said, referring to Hill.

Morrison said that other personnel raised concerns about Vindman, leading him to “keep an eye” on him and form his own conclusion.

Morrison acknowledged that after watching Vindman’s behavior, he was not confident in his judgment.

“He did not always exercise the best judgment in terms of the policymaking process,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mans-judgment/
    When you don't like the facts, smear the person. You seem to live by that motto MM.

Amazing that such a person has a purple heart, and rose to a level that caused him to be able to rise to the level of Lt. Col. and to serve as the director of European Affairs for the NSC.

And he has something else I'm not sure you are familiar with - Honor and the Courage to live by time honored principles, even when it will cost him dearly.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    When you don't like the facts, smear the person. You seem to live by that motto MM.
    That's some delicious irony. I hope you enjoy every bite.

15. Amen One Bad Pig, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's some delicious irony. I hope you enjoy every bite.
    good comeback, but it doesn't change the truth as it applies to you.

In joining the chorus of scum dragging Vindman through the mud, you've established yourself as belonging in the same classification as they.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-20-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Amazing that such a person has a purple heart, and rose to a level that caused him to be able to rise to the level of Lt. Col. and to serve as the director of European Affairs for the NSC.
    That's wonderful.

I thought it was slightly petty, however, for him to insist on being addressed as "Lieutenant Colonel Vindman" in the hearing. It kinda reminded me of Col Jessup demanding that he be referred to by his rank in A Few Good Men - "I would appreciate it if he would address me as "colonel" or "sir." I believe I've earned it"

His rank of Lt. Col. does not change the fact that he is human, and can make mistakes, or change his testimony, or be partisan.
    He appears to have overstated the significance of the president "making a demand", which was the language of the supposed whistle blower, and he had to dial that back.

Witnesses change their testimony all the time, regardless whether they are in civvies or uniform.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”