Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Running around, with a tin foil hat squarely attached to your head, is why nobody cares what you say. I spent most of the weekend, out in the world, and the only people freaking out about Trump, are those others find as crazy. Why is that Jim?
    No pix. Your narrative about a tin foil hat is merely the projection of your own approach to justify fielty to Donald Trump.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      No, what keeps you from taking me seriously is your unwillingness to put the good of the country above your desire to push back against the democratic party.
      This begs the question that pushing back against the seditious Democrats isn't good for the country.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        This begs the question that pushing back against the seditious Democrats isn't good for the country.
        1) you are adopting the same attitude against nearly all (plural) democrats you are accusing me of maintaining against Donald Trump (singular)

2) the transfer of power to the President, undermining the separation of powers, the concepts of co-equal branches of government,and the system of checks and balances necessary to keeping one branch from obtaining runaway power is far more dangerous than the policy differences between political powers.

When one party is willing to compromise 2) as a means of retaining power they are the treasonous group. As Americans, preserving these elements are more important than any partisan goal.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-02-2019, 09:38 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

1) you are adopting the same attitude against nearly all (plural) democrats you are accusing me of maintaining against Donald Trump (singular)

2) the transfer of power to the President, undermining the separation of powers, the concepts of co-equal branches of government,and the system of checks and balances necessary to keeping one branch from obtaining runaway power is far more dangerous than the policy differences between political powers.

When one party is willing to compromise 2) as a means of retaining power they are the treasonous group. As Americans, preserving these elements are more important than any partisan goal.
          Again with your hysterical exaggerations. The Trump presidency has been effectively hamstrung by endless investigations and checks on presidential powers since the day Trump was sworn into office despite the fact that there is zero evidence that the President has done anything wrong.

Comment

Again with your hysterical exaggerations. The Trump presidency has been effectively hamstrung by endless investigations and checks on presidential powers since the day Trump was sworn into office despite the fact that there is zero evidence that the President has done anything wrong.
            Right now the president has been able to refuse all congressionsl subpoenas with impunity, has the ag on his side as regards the same and the incapacity to be prosecuted, he has so far been able to avoid being held accountable for a scheme to extort ukraine into helping his 2020 campaign, and has effective total control over the Republicans in the Senate such that he likely will not be removed for such an act.

And this really is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of his abuse of power and the incapacity of the legislative branch to check his abuses of power. Fortunately, so far, the judicial branch has been able to stop his more egregious attempts outside the cloak and dagger arena like ukraine.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-02-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

And any attempt to present actual facts that do not directly implicate or attack Trump is seen as enthusiastic support for Trump.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right now the president has been able to refuse all congressionsl subpoenas with impunity...
                That's because they're not subpoenas but legally impotent letters of demand which can and should be refused with impunity. When the hangman says, "Excuse me, sir, but would you mind placing your head in this noose?" you tell him to stick his noose where the sun doesn't shine! If the Democrats want the authority to issue subpoenas with teeth, then all they have to do is seek the approval of the House and put it to a vote, but they refuse to go there. I leave it to your fertile imagination to figure out why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  And any attempt to present actual facts that do not directly implicate or attack Trump is seen as enthusiastic support for Trump.
                  Or obstruction of justice.

Comment

No pix. Your narrative about a tin foil hat is merely the projection of your own approach to justify fielty to Donald Trump.
                    Irony at its finest. The tin foil hat guy, screaming at random people in the streets, thinks he’s the only sane one too. Why is that? You both lack an inability to see the world beyond your black and white perceptions and therefore, both over-react. Meanwhile, the only thing you’re accomplishing is a 2020 Trump win.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That's because they're not subpoenas but legally impotent letters of demand which can and should be refused with impunity. When the hangman says, "Excuse me, sir, but would you mind placing your head in this noose?" you tell him to stick his noose where the sun doesn't shine! If the Democrats want the authority to issue subpoenas with teeth, then all they have to do is seek the approval of the House and put it to a vote, but they refuse to go there. I leave it to your fertile imagination to figure out why.
                      That is the corrupt spin you are using. But it is obstruction regardless of what low bridge you are willing to crawl under to allow you some semblance of justification for it.

Comment

That is the corrupt spin you are using. But it is obstruction regardless of what low bridge you are willing to crawl under to allow you some semblance of justification for it.
                        Are they subpoenas that carry legal weight behind them? Yes or no?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Irony at its finest. The tin foil hat guy, screaming at random people in the streets, thinks he’s the only sane one too. Why is that? You both lack an inability to see the world beyond your black and white perceptions and therefore, both over-react. Meanwhile, the only thing you’re accomplishing is a 2020 Trump win.
                          I am not by any means the only person that sees what I am seeing. Not by a long shot with 50% of this country saying this president should be impeached AND removed. That this is some singular opinion associated just with me is but a crutch you use to avoid dealing with reality.

Comment

I am not by any means the only person that sees what I am seeing. Not by a long shot with 50% of this country saying this president should be impeached AND removed. That this is some singular opinion associated just with me is but a crutch you use to avoid dealing with reality.
                            People are stupid, but you would think with the 24 hour rage machine, spilling out “Orange man bad!!!!!” every second, of the day, more people would care, but they don’t. Why? At work today, nobody is raging about Trump, why? Only those emotionally invested and care about opinion polls, answer them. Everyone else, is just trying to live their lives.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You're sounding more and more like JimL all the time, Ox. Your arguments are becoming more personal and emotional rather than professional and reasonable.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And the other 50% do not believe that the President should be impeached and removed from office. So what? Since when did justice turn on the opinions of the masses? I only care about what the evidence shows, and to date, there is no evidence that Trump has done anything that would meet the Constitutional standard of an impeachable offense.

But you go ahead and continue appealing to the ad populum fallacy. I'm sure the 50% who already think Trump is guilty will be convinced.

Comment