Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Did you even read the resolution? To call it a proposal for "open hearings" is like calling a boxing match where one fighter is required to have his hands tied behind his back a "fair fight". There's a reason it faced bipartisan opposition!
    Which particular rules are you refering to, MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I stand by it, Jim. You're not the guy. Sorry if you take it personally.
      So, you stand by your personal attacks over and above aswering to the substance of the statement. Okay, gotcha!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        So, you stand by your personal attacks over and above aswering to the substance of the statement. Okay, gotcha!
        Personal attack? Sharing my personal opinion in a friendly way, even including a smiley fact, is a "personal attack"?

Come on, Jim, you're really reaching.

Now, if there's something you'd really like my opinion on, feel free to ask.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You kinda failed to answer the part about the "mobster mentality". Particularly since, in a prior post, you implied that the Christians here were "rally[ing] together to punish the innocent and protect the guilty".

Where is this "mobster mentality"?
          By wanting to out the whistle blower, by being angry he outed Trumps misdeeds, by arguing for his exposure and acknowledhing arguments by those who want revenge against him, the mob mentality that punishes those that expose their crime is being expressed.

If you don't understand now, then you just dont want to understand.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder if some sort of similarity of personal qualities motivated the choice of those particular Star Trek characters for a username.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

How do you know this, Jim? If it's who it's reported to be, the guy is a serial leaker with a strong political bias.
              The identity and alleged bias of the whistle-blower is irrelevant given that his allegations have been corroborated.

"mobster mentality"? Since when does seeking the truth equate to "mobster mentality"
              When the messenger is threatened and persecuted for exposing the truth.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                The identity and alleged bias of the whistle-blower is irrelevant given that his allegations have been corroborated.
                Assuming that's true, then the claim "he is innocent" is equally irrelevant.

When the messenger is threatened and persecuted for exposing the truth.
                So, perhaps you can bail out your buddy - where's the "mobster mentality" among us Twebbers?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  By wanting to out the whistle blower, by being angry he outed Trumps misdeeds, by arguing for his exposure and acknowledhing arguments by those who want revenge against him, the mob mentality that punishes those that expose their crime is being expressed.

If you don't understand now, then you just dont want to understand.
                  Jim, when somebody says "If you don't understand now, then you just dont want to understand", it's pretty much an admission that they went a little overboard.

Who, among us Twebbers, has demonstrated a "mobster mentality"?

Comment

Jim, when somebody says "If you don't understand now, then you just dont want to understand", it's pretty much an admission that they went a little overboard.

Anyone that doesn’t agree that Trump is the most evil person that ever existed?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

What thread are we in, and why was it started? To gloat over the outing of the whistle blower. An action that if his/her name is actually correct is sure to result in retribution towards that individual. Gloating over the outing of a person just trying to expose serious crimes that otherwise might go undetected is 'engaging in a mobster mentality'. The mentality that wants to judge and punish those that expose the crimes of the 'mobsters'.

So, just read through the thread and take note of everyone that shows disdain for the whistle blower and happiness at the potential of him/her being exposed. That is your list.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What thread are we in, and why was it started? To gloat over the outing of the whistle blower. An action that if his/her name is actually correct is sure to result in retribution towards that individual. Gloating over the outing of a person just trying to expose serious crimes that otherwise might go undetected is 'engaging in a mobster mentality'. The mentality that wants to judge and punish those that expose the crimes of the 'mobsters'.

So, just read through the thread and take note of everyone that shows disdain for the whistle blower and happiness at the potential of him/her being exposed. That is your list.
                        Lemme put on my "I hate Trump so much that's all I ever post about" glasses and read it again.

Comment

What thread are we in, and why was it started? To gloat over the outing of the whistle blower.
                          I'm not sure what thread you're reading, but there's been no gloating in this one.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Lemme put on my "I hate Trump so much that's all I ever post about" glasses and read it again.
                            You'd be more convincing if you took off your "I love Trump so much that I always defend" him glasses and read it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              You'd be more convincing if you took off your "I love Trump so much that I always defend" him glasses and read it again.
                              Thanks, Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I'm not sure what thread you're reading, but there's been no gloating in this one.
                                Stand on one foot, squint one eye, and use your wildest imagination while breathing threatenings against the brethren.

Comment