Page 76 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower identified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    You'd have only done it once - and I doubt calling him mister would have set him off. He was a great teacher - rarely angry - but you didn't want an up close look at his bad side.

Edit: I should add that Col. Kirkpatrick was one of my teachers that I respected the most - and that wasn't because of his service (although I think that made him an even better teacher).
    I had a history teacher who was a retired Marine major and former drill instructor. His eyes burned with hot rage when he was angry (if you've ever seen R. Lee Ermy's mean face, it was a lot like that), and even he didn't scare me. If you hadn't guessed, I was equal parts defiant and stupid in high school.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    The context was perfectly clear without your complaint, Jim.

Are you seriously trying to spin a complaint about distortion as sarcasm?
    Exactly the same sort of sarcasm as MMs reply to me.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I had a history teacher who was a retired Marine major and former drill instructor. His eyes burned with hot rage when he was angry (if you've ever seen R. Lee Ermy's mean face, it was a lot like that), and even he didn't scare me. If you hadn't guessed, I was equal parts defiant and stupid in high school.
    I just know our worst troublemakers didn't mess with Col. Kirkpatrick more than once.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Provide a direct quote from Morrison's testimony, if you please.

Meanwhile, I'll just leave this here...

Former senior National Security Council (NSC) official Tim Morrison confirmed Tuesday afternoon that he did not think President Donald Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in July was illegal.

Morrison was testifying alongside former special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker in the fourth public hearing before the House Intelligence Committee in the ongoing impeachment inquiry. Both witnesses had already given closed-door depositions; their testimony had been so favorable to the president that Republicans asked committee chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) to invite them back. Though Schiff could have vetoed the request, the fact that he himself had called them in for earlier testimony made that politically difficult, and so he acceded to the GOP’s request.

When Democratic counsel Daniel Goldman asked Morrison, “you indicated in your opening statement or at least from your deposition that you went to [NSC counsel] Mr. [John] Eisenberg out of concern over the potential political fallout if the call record became public and not because you thought it was illegal,” Morrison replied: “Correct.”

Goldman then asked whether “asking a foreign government to investigate a domestic political rival is inappropriate.” Morrison deflected the question somewhat, saying it was not recommended.

(In his deposition, Morrison testified — much to Schiff’s apparent annoyance — that he did not even interpret the Ukraine call as particularly political.)

Morrison also confirmed that the transcript of the Ukraine call had been placed on a more secure server by mistake — not because of an attempted cover-up.

Asked by Republicans whether either of them had seen anything resembling bribery or extortion, both said no.

Morrison also added, in response to Republican counsel Stephen Castor, later that he had no concerns about the call.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-not-illegal/

And this...

Morrison testified there was no bribery tied to military aid with Ukraine, the basis for which the Democratic impeachment efforts are built upon.

“Did anyone ever ask you to bribe or extort anyone at any time during your time in the White House?” asked ranking Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California.

“No,” said Morrison.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/19...r-impeachment/

And one more...

“I wanted to start between the July 25 call between President Trump and President Zelensky,” Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) began. “Mr. Morrison, you were on that call and there was no mention of withholding aid on the call, correct?”

“That is correct, Congresswoman,” Morrison responded.

“And there was no quid pro quo, correct?” Stefanik asked.

“Correct,” Morrison responded.

“No bribery?” Stefanik responded.

“No extortion?” Stefanik asked.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/19...r-impeachment/

I'm not sure what fake news you've been reading, Jimmy, but your claim that "Morrison ... was forced to admit to the Presidents quid pro quo/bribery/extortion demand" appears to be false.
    Fake news? Is that what you call watching the hearings and the testimony itself? Apparently you should try it, you might learn the difference between fake and real news.

http://apnews.com/e6b5c1b4adbc40dda0bb4f7fba8bae1d

Morrison, along with Taylor, was told by Sondland on September 1 of the quid pro quo, i.e. an exchange of the military aid for investigations into the Bidens and Burisma. Sondland admitted to the quid pro quo himself, in his own testimony on Wednesday.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just in High School?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Exactly the same sort of sarcasm as MMs reply to me.
    Really simple yes or no question - do you honestly believe that Schiff does not know who the alleged whistle blower is?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Really simple yes or no question - do you honestly believe that Schiff does not know who the alleged whistle blower is?
    Does it matter given that the whistle-blower's complaints have been corroborated by numerous people. Besides he/she is protected by the Whistleblower Protection Act.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

11. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Just in High School?

I've gotten a little better.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Fake news? Is that what you call watching the hearings and the testimony itself? Apparently you should try it, you might learn the difference between fake and real news.

http://apnews.com/e6b5c1b4adbc40dda0bb4f7fba8bae1d

Morrison, along with Taylor, was told by Sondland on September 1 of the quid pro quo, i.e. an exchange of the military aid for investigations into the Bidens and Burisma. Sondland admitted to the quid pro quo himself, in his own testimony on Wednesday.
    Sondland testified under oath that he was acting on his own presumption and not based on anything he had been told, and he testified that the President told him directly and clearly that he didn't want a quid pro quo. Morrison also testified under oath that he knew of no quid pro quo, bribery, or extortion.

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Unless you mention it on introduction - we had an algebra teacher who went by his rank instead of mister. He told us on Day One and we called him Colonel Kirkpatrick ever since - no one thought he was being a jerk.

You look like a jerk correcting every little mistake or every person you talk to, however.
    Was he a Marine (there’s no such thing as a former Marine, simply a Marine that’s no longer in the corps)? That’s the difference between the Air Force and the other branches. The Air Force is like being part of a big corporation, the Army and Navy is ‘true military’, and the Marines are sort of like a cult group.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy