Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Many witnesses have testified despite Trump’s orders that they not to cooperate with the investigation. Trump's attempts to impede the inquiry's progress is the "mobster mentality".
    Jim implied (then reinforced) the notion that the Twebbers here had the "mobster mentality". Might wanna let Ox speak for himself, Tass.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Jim implied (then reinforced) the notion that the Twebbers here had the "mobster mentality". Might wanna let Ox speak for himself, Tass.
      We’re not running a mob here? Now what am I going to do with all these fedora hats?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        We’re not running a mob here? Now what am I going to do with all these fedora hats?
        Coincidentally, I actually wear a fedora. Not the cheesy hipster kind but the manly Indiana Jones style.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Give me break, man... even your own thread about Sondland blew up in your face in the very first page when I deconstructed Sondland's testimony. And then we have Bill Taylor who drew an incorrect inference based solely on something he read in the New York Times, and Sondland even told him directly that Trump was "crystal clear" that there was to be no quid pro quo. Other witnesses, including President Zelensky, have emphatically denied quid pro quo. And on it goes.

It's the Collusion Delusion all over again, where every piece of evidence points to the President's innocence, but fools like you insist that he's guilty anyway.
          I don't think so Tim.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not exactly - but that is how you want to spin it, because that is what you do here.

What I said was that those on TWEB that are backing up the arguments for outing the whistle-blower are participating in the mob mentality of wanting to punish people that expose the crimes of criminals. I may not have said those exact words in every single post, but that is what I've been saying all along.

(The rest of this post targets a general concern and a general audience, not CP specifically)

One thing I have learned here in the two to three years. Not one time when I have pointed out comments and actions here are more aligned with wrong doers than the innocent has there been even an ounce of concern, not even an ounce of indication that any of the Trump leaning or aligned players here are not comfortable with that fact. No, the typical response is to call me self-righteous or hypocritical for even raising the issue. And that says a huge amount all on its own.

And I'll not apologize for this or any other time I've pointed out personalities here are siding with wrong, with evil. In fact, when it comes to people that are victims of Trumps misdeeds or 'childishness' or downright meanness, even dangerously so, the key players from the conservative sides typical response is siding with the Criminal or the Abuser (Trump) rather than the person he hurt through his actions. Has even one women that has accused Trump of rape or assault been shown any compassion here? Has any public personality maligned by Trump been publicly seen as the victim here? Has there been any concern at all for the families split apart by his immigration policies? Or has there ever been concern expressed for those that get death threats because Trump rallied his base against them over some unflattering comment?

And unfortunately, my saying that will not cause you to question your own positions or feel even an ounce of guilt or shame, it will just result in yet more attacks on me, the messenger.

So be it.

As for the Mobster mentality - how many times were people like Comey and others been referred to as 'rats' - the specific mobster/crime boss term for an informant? Shall I do a search. I wonder whose name will be on those posts. hmm ... (not you CP - I don't remember you using that term)
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-07-2019, 07:34 AM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Not exactly - but that is how you want to spin it, because that is what you do here.
              Oh, the profound irony.

What I said was that those on TWEB that are backing up the arguments for outing the whistle-blower are participating in the mob mentality of wanting to punish people that expose the crimes of criminals. I may not have said those exact words in every single post, but that is what I've been saying all along.

(The rest of this post targets a general concern and a general audience, not CP specifically)
              Here is what you said, Jim, in response to me pushing you on this...
              Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              What thread are we in, and why was it started? To gloat over the outing of the whistle blower. An action that if his/her name is actually correct is sure to result in retribution towards that individual. Gloating over the outing of a person just trying to expose serious crimes that otherwise might go undetected is 'engaging in a mobster mentality'. The mentality that wants to judge and punish those that expose the crimes of the 'mobsters'.

So, just read through the thread and take note of everyone that shows disdain for the whistle blower and happiness at the potential of him/her being exposed. That is your list.

Your hatred for all things Trump has caused you to view even your Christian brothers with disdain.

One thing I have learned here in the two to three years. Not one time when I have pointed out comments and actions here are more aligned with wrong doers than the innocent has there been even an ounce of concern, not even an ounce of indication that any of the Trump leaning or aligned players here are not comfortable with that fact. No, the typical response is to call me self-righteous or hypocritical for even raising the issue. And that says a huge amount all on its own.
              That's quite a sweeping condemnation, Jim. But it seems that's what you do here, of late.

And I'll not apologize for this or any other time I've pointed out personalities here are siding with wrong, with evil. In fact, when it comes to people that are victims of Trumps misdeeds or 'childishness' or downright meanness, even dangerously so, the key players from the conservative sides typical response is siding with the Criminal or the Abuser (Trump) rather than the person he hurt through his actions. Has even one women that has accused Trump of rape or assault been shown any compassion here? Has any public personality maligned by Trump been publicly seen as the victim here? Has there been any concern at all for the families split apart by his immigration policies? Or has there ever been concern expressed for those that get death threats because Trump rallied his base against them over some unflattering comment?
              I didn't actually realize they manufactured brushes so broad.

And unfortunately, my saying that will not cause you to question your own positions or feel even an ounce of guilt or shame, it will just result in yet more attacks on me, the messenger.

So be it.
              And there, again, is the persecution complex.

As for the Mobster mentality - how many times were people like Comey and others been referred to as 'rats' - the specific mobster/crime boss term for an informant? Shall I do a search. I wonder whose name will be on those posts. hmm ... (not you CP - I don't remember you using that term)
              It's OK, Jim, just keep swinging that incredibly broad brush and don't worry who it hits, OK? I'm a big boy, and I will simply consider the source.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What thread are we in, and why was it started? To gloat over the outing of the whistle blower. An action that if his/her name is actually correct is sure to result in retribution towards that individual. Gloating over the outing of a person just trying to expose serious crimes that otherwise might go undetected is 'engaging in a mobster mentality'. The mentality that wants to judge and punish those that expose the crimes of the 'mobsters'.

So, just read through the thread and take note of everyone that shows disdain for the whistle blower and happiness at the potential of him/her being exposed. That is your list.
                So, since you brought it up -- back to this....

It's looking more and more that the "whistle blower", whom you summarily pronounced "innocent", may not be so innocent after all. Your obsession with Trump is causing you to jump to conclusions that may be totally unjustified.

If, indeed, he's part of a conspiracy - which I'm not yet ready to accept - that truth needs to come out.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's looking more and more that the "whistle blower", whom you summarily pronounced "innocent", may not be so innocent after all. Your obsession with Trump is causing you to jump to conclusions that may be totally unjustified.

If, indeed, he's part of a conspiracy - which I'm not yet ready to accept - that truth needs to come out.
                    Ya got that tin foil hat at the ready though, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Ya got that tin foil hat at the ready though, I'm sure.
                      I'm letting it play out, Jim. It's not looking so good for the "whistle blower" to be "innocent" as proclaimed by Ox.

It's looking more and more like he has a history of leaking, even leaving his NSC posting in the West Wing amid concerns over leaks.

I'm also continuing to treat you with the respect we had agreed to.

Comment

I'm letting it play out, Jim. It's not looking so good for the "whistle blower" to be "innocent" as proclaimed by Ox.

It's looking more and more like he has a history of leaking, even leaving his NSC posting in the West Wing amid concerns over leaks.

I'm also continuing to treat you with the respect we had agreed to.
                        His own course of action has disqualified him from being a whistleblower and the protections it provided. He is really nothing more than a leaker who spread hearsay and gossip.

But of course, since he's trying to get Trump he is nothing short of a saint to the left and other members of the TDS crowd.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Innocent till proven guilty CP. And actions to out him without knowing his guilt are innocence are wrong. And that is what we are dealing with: people seeking revenge. We do not need to know who the whistle blower is, we have a good deal of eyewitness testimony and the transcript of the call. The elements that concerned this person have been shown to exist. the complaint has been shown to be valid.

The whistle blower laws and procedures are designed to create an atmosphere where a person with knowledge of crimes can in fact report them without fear of retribution.

And in many ways it doesn't matter if the whistle blower is out to get the guy, or just can't abide the breaking of the law - assuming what is reported is factual and defines a crime.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            His own course of action has disqualified him from being a whistleblower and the protections it provided. He is really nothing more than a leaker who spread hearsay and gossip.

But of course, since he's trying to get Trump he is nothing short of a saint to the left and other members of the TDS crowd.
                            It was a factual accounting of the goings on rogue, as has been confirmed. That is why whistleblower laws exist, to protect people with knowledge of crimes so they can report them without fear of retribution.

I am bit curious what substantive elements of the complaint you think hasn't been shown true. And by substantive, please don't tell me it was the color of someones shoes, or who had lunch with someone. Substantive elements.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-07-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Innocent till proven guilty CP.
                              Innocent of what, Jim?

And actions to out him without knowing his guilt are innocence are wrong.
                              That ship has sailed - it's known as an "open secret" in DC, and everybody is reporting on it without reporting on it.

And that is what we are dealing with: people seeking revenge.
                              Yes, sir - that's what this whole impeachment thing is all about.

Comment

Innocent till proven guilty CP. And actions to out him without knowing his guilt are innocence are wrong. And that is what we are dealing with: people seeking revenge. We do not need to know who the whistle blower is, we have a good deal of eyewitness testimony and the transcript of the call. The elements that concerned this person have been shown to exist. the complaint has been shown to be valid.

The whistle blower laws and procedures are designed to create an atmosphere where a person with knowledge of crimes can in fact report them without fear of retribution.

And in many ways it doesn't matter if the whistle blower is out to get the guy, or just can't abide the breaking of the law - assuming what is reported is factual and defines a crime.

Jim
                                Iron E.jpg

You'd never in a million years demand the same treatment for Trump. You've already prejudged him and found him guilty and now want to find evidence to support it. In fact, it looks like you don't even want to bother with evidence. Your blinding hatred appears to be all you need.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment