Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower identified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, the fact is that it doesn't matter and he has a responsibility by law to protect the whistleblower.
    Not his identity - that's just liberal talking points.

You need to stop swallowing the irrelevant stuff your favorite propagandists are feeding you.
    If Schiff knows the identity of the alleged whistle blower, and repeatedly denies knowing it, he's a serial liar. But, yeah, I get it --- he's a Democrat, so that's OK.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    You are assuming [Schiff] is lying...
    Of course he's lying. He at first claimed that he had no contact with the whistle blower whatsoever, and then he admitted that the whistle blower actually had been in contact with his office but that he knew nothing about it -- as if his staff wouldn't have told him that a CIA operative was looking to dish dirt on Trump and wanted help filling out the paperwork. Then there's the incident with Vindman's testimony...

Republicans: "Who did you talk to about the phone call?"
    Vindman: "I spoke with two people: Kent, and someone in the CIA named-"
    Schiff: "Don't say the whistle blower's name!"

Which begs he question: How did Schiff know who's name Vindman was about to reveal?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And you take vigorous exception to me 'divining' your moods and motives, yet look at your last statement ...
    So clarify, please.... if Schiff knows the identity, and he repeatedly claims he does not, he's lying. Is that acceptable to you?

6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The narrative that hoax blower Eric Ciaramella needs to be protected from conservatives is rather ironic when you consider that it's liberals in general who tend to be intolerant and violent.

https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/scienc...chotic-traits/
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...y-think-215114
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/opini...718-story.html
    https://www.redstate.com/diary/nikit...heres-23-ways/
    The best way to defeat the narrative that the whistleblower needs protection would be to stop attacking him and attempting to name him, especially in the interest of opening him up to further attack.

This ...

... is arguing by weblink.

And they're not good links.

NYPost:

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic

The story doesn't back up the headline, doesn't link to the paper or any of its citations, and doesn't link to the correction, a perfect storm of reasons not to get your science from Murdoch tabloids.

“The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”

In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism.

And when the links are at least kinda good, they're not supportive.

Politico:

But more recent psychological research, some of it presented in January at the annual meeting of the Society of Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP), shows that it’s not so simple. These findings confirm that conservatives, liberals, the religious and the nonreligious are each prejudiced against those with opposing views. But surprisingly, each group is about equally prejudiced. While liberals might like to think of themselves as more open-minded, they are no more tolerant of people unlike them than their conservative counterparts are.

Contradicting the thesis it's liberals we should watch out for, not conservatives, so I can't even say why you cited it, unless, well, who knows, maybe you didn't read your own links.

The Trib op/ed:

Albert Eisenberg is the former communications director for the Philadelphia Republican Party.

On the merits, it doesn't read as a balanced piece, and, after reading the bio sketch at the end, it's not hard to figure out why. Yeah, in Europe, G20 protesters, and G7 too, for that matter, regularly scuffle with police. I've seen some of that when they meet in the US, but never at European levels. But in comparison, even to the US protests of the G20 and G7, Eisenstein's examples of restricting speech — setting aside the begged question that Murray and Milo embrace conservative standards — don't measure up. It's not serious criticism; it's partisan smear.

Redstate:

DIARY / NIKITAS3 // Posted at 7:17 am on January 11, 2011 by Nikitas3

And this one is a listicle. By an anonymous author. Who can't write. #15 is going to make your blood boil!

Meanwhile ...

All of the extremist killings in the US in 2018 had links to right-wing extremism, according to new report
    By John Haltiwanger
    Aug 5, 2019, 11:27 AM

The Anti-Defamation League's findings are consistent with other recent research on right-wing extremism in the US, which shows it's on the rise.

"The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017," the Center for Strategic and International Studies said in a November 2018 report. "The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend."

Correspondingly, a November 2018 analysis from The Washington Post on global terrorism data showed that far-right violence has been on the rise since President Donald Trump entered the White House.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    The best way to defeat the narrative that the whistleblower needs protection would be to stop attacking him...
    Who's attacking him?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are assuming he is lying, because that's what you've been told.
    No, Jim, I am assuming he's lying because it's almost impossible to believe he does not know the identity. Even Ox granted that.

You have no clue,
    Actually, I do - and it's rather obvious in the way Schiff was trying to keep witnesses from referring to the alleged whistle blower --- if Schiff doesn't know who it is, how can he protect him?

and it gets hand waved away because it's irrelevant.
    So, lying is irrelevant when it's done by the guy whom makes himself both judge and chief prosecutor, and calls for bathroom breaks so he can run out to the cameras and give the latest spin?

Schiff is a political hack. IF this goes to trial in the Senate, perhaps he'll be a witness under oath.

10. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Fake news? Is that what you call watching the hearings and the testimony itself? Apparently you should try it, you might learn the difference between fake and real news.

http://apnews.com/e6b5c1b4adbc40dda0bb4f7fba8bae1d

Morrison, along with Taylor, was told by Sondland on September 1 of the quid pro quo, i.e. an exchange of the military aid for investigations into the Bidens and Burisma. Sondland admitted to the quid pro quo himself, in his own testimony on Wednesday.
    Sondland 'admitted' to his presumption yet again. This does not qualify as proof of Trump's intent. Not even remotely.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Was he a Marine (there’s no such thing as a former Marine, simply a Marine that’s no longer in the corps)? That’s the difference between the Air Force and the other branches. The Air Force is like being part of a big corporation, the Army and Navy is ‘true military’, and the Marines are sort of like a cult group.
    No, he was a retired Air Force colonel.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So clarify, please.... if Schiff knows the identity, and he repeatedly claims he does not, he's lying. Is that acceptable to you?
    Nah - you answer my question first:

Are you going to tell the cartel where the fellow they are looking for is hiding if you happen to know? Or will you 'lie' and say 'nope, don't know where he is'.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Nah - you answer my question first:
    Playing games, instead of answering the question, I see.

Are you going to tell the cartel where the fellow they are looking for is hiding if you happen to know?
    It's a really dumb analogy, Jim, as the entire world already knows who the alleged whistle blower is.

Or will you 'lie' and say 'nope, don't know where he is'.
    Again, dumb analogy. Your desperation to defend Schiff's outright lie is duly noted.