Page 57 of 113 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower identified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Partly because he thinks we're idiots, and partly to dissuade Senate Republicans from calling him as a witness.
    So, maybe the Dems think it's like fighting fire with fire --- send a liar to attack a liar?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Happens a lot on tweb. And as a result of this post some might provide even more statements to prove that point.
    Kinda nasty there, Chuck. You know better but deliberately egg on his delusions. No one needs friends like you.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It sounds like Nancy is trying to prepare "walking back" room, claiming they don't even know if there's gonna be a vote on impeachment.

(heard on the radio while driving, looking for a source)

Oh heck yes there will be! That's the one option she doesn't have. The crazies in her own party and Republicans smelling her blood in the water aren't going to let her off that easy.

What is scaring her is that they will lose that vote.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just out of curiosity, how can Schiff keep claiming he doesn't know who the whistle blower is?
    When all you have is bluff, you bluff big.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just out of curiosity, how can Schiff keep claiming he doesn't know who the whistle blower is?
    My understanding is that the whistleblower passed a copy of their complaint to a member of Schiff's staff in order to bring the complaint to Schiff's attention after Barr spiked it over at the DoJ.

While it's possible they did this anonymously, from the way it's typically been reported, I've always assumed that the member of Schiff's staff therefore knew and knows the identify of the whistleblower. Apparently they haven't passed that information onto Schiff. I would tend to assume this is standard practice in Schiff's office as they regularly deal with sensitive and top secret information as he heads the top congressional committee so will have been trained in doing this stuff professionally. Though I guess they may well have had specific conversations about whether it was better or not for Schiff to know who the whistleblower is... if so they appear to have decided that Schiff shouldn't know who it is.

In this case the issue is whether Trump committed crimes, which has been obviously the case since Trump released his incriminating transcript. And the committee has been doing lengthy questioning under oath of various witnesses who confirmed the quid pro quo. So the original whistleblower is not the issue, though their original complaint has been repeatedly and thoroughly backed up by witness testimony. Republican's attempts to focus on the whistleblower are simply a distraction, and potentially harmful to the country insofar as they might make someone decide not to report criminal conduct in a future administration.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Heads up!

Today, during the Schiff Show, you may expect weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Heads up!

Today, during the Schiff Show, you may expect weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Might I guess that listening to the testimony itself and trying to discern the likelyhood Trump engaged in illegal behavior is off the table for you?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Heads up!

Democrats have already said they hope she cries in order to tug at the public's heart strings. You know, because emotions are more important than the facts.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Might I guess that listening to the testimony itself and trying to discern the likelyhood Trump engaged in illegal behavior is off the table for you?
    It would not surprise me in the least if you, blinded by and consumed with your opposition to all things Trump, and having already found him guilty, should come to that unfounded conclusion, so feel free to guess away.

But, humor me, if you will.... aside from tearfully testifying that Rudy and Trump were meanies to her, what do you expect her to add to the actual charge of collusion... I mean obstruction... um... quid pro quo.... wait, now it's bribery! (Who knows what it will be tomorrow)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Democrats have already said they hope she cries in order to tug at the public's heart strings. You know, because emotions are more important than the facts.
    It's the liberal playbook - feelings Trump facts, and appearance matters over substance.