Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    His name is Eric Ciaramella.

Federal documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

Further, Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

And now for the most interesting revelation:

Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

Documents confirm the DNC opposition researcher attended at least one White House meeting with Ciaramella in November 2015. She visited the White House with a number of Ukrainian officials lobbying the Obama administration for aid for Ukraine.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....er_120996.html

So he actually had a vested interest in keeping the Ukraine scandal under wraps. That in and of itself should have been enough to impeach his credibility and deny him whistleblower status.
    Nobody cares about your spin, because the evidence not the messenger is what's important now, and the evidence, as well as those many who corraborate it, is out.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      As soon as McConnell thinks he cannot prop up Putin’s POTUS any more; he’s gone. It’s quite close now.
      Putin is just getting everything he can get out of Trump for as long as Trump can put off his inevitable ousting. Like Pelosi said to Trump, "with you, all roads lead to Russia." If he's smart, he'll personally take one of those roads himself and stay there.
      It’s all about Ukraine, the Russkie invasion, the ongoing war, and sanctions.
      All issues of which Trump has ceded to the interests of Russia.
      And McConnells reputation in the history books - hero or villain?
      Villain, interested only in his own power rather than the best interests of the country. Moscow Mitch is still blocking legislation that would protect elections from foreign interference.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        You are nuts.
        It always comes back to me, doesn't it?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Multiple instances of Obstruction per the Mueller report and ongoing resistance with the impeachment inquiry and quid pro quo abuse of power in ukraine. Not to mention multiple violations of the emoluments clause. And I would not be surprised to see campaign finance show up as well.
          Mueller never said any of those instances were actual obstruction, merely potentially obstructive, and last I checked, "potential obstruction" is not a crime. Even Rod Rosenstein, no friend of Trump, signed off on the Department of Justice's findings that none of the incidences described by Mueller rose to the level of a crime.

Zero evidence to date of quid pro quo. All we have are witnesses wringing their hands and crying about how troubled they were by Trump's phonecall, but surely that's their problem, and even they when directly questioned have been forced to concede that there was no crime.

Finally, zero evidence that Trump has violated the emoluments clause. I've seen lots of supposition and speculation to that end, but nothing in the way of hard facts.

So...
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Mueller never said any of those instances were actual obstruction, merely potentially obstructive, and last I checked, "potential obstruction" is not a crime. Even Rod Rosenstein, no friend of Trump, signed off on the Department of Justice's findings that none of the incidences described by Mueller rose to the level of a crime.
            Mueller could not indict, or even recommend indictment, but as he said, congress can. So I expect to see articles of impeachment that do indeed 'indict' for obstruction based at least in part on the facts laid out in the Mueller report.

Zero evidence to date of quid pro quo. All we have are witnesses wringing their hands and crying about how troubled they were by Trump's phonecall, but surely that's their problem, and even they when directly questioned have been forced to concede that there was no crime.
            Only if you keep your head in the sand. Just this week Two witnesses so far have confirmed the money was conditioned on an investigation of Biden. Only in the world of yes men and soothing prophets does that not amount to quid-pro-quo.

Finally, zero evidence that Trump has violated the emoluments clause. I've seen lots of supposition and speculation to that end, but nothing in the way of hard facts.

So...
            Nothing at all, just all that money earned from foreign diplomats in his hotels. You're a laugh a minute MM
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              ? That is not a reply to you, it is a reply to MM.

And at some point one needs to face the fact that continued denials of the obvious implies a mental problem. Impeachment is going forward. The testimony this week and last makes it clear Trump was indeed holding the 400M over the heads of the Ukraine leaders on the condition they publicly commit to investigating Trump's political rival. To pretend that is 'nothing' is ... nuts. The Senate still may not vote to remove, that is the wild card here, how willing are senate republicans to compromise their integrity to keep trump in power, but the indictments are going to be there, and the evidence supporting them is quite strong.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Mueller could not indict, or even recommend indictment, but as he said, congress can. So I expect to see articles of impeachment that do indeed 'indict' for obstruction based at least in part on the facts laid out in the Mueller report.

Only if you keep your head in the sand. Just this week Two witnesses so far have confirmed the money was conditioned on an investigation of Biden. Only in the world of yes men and soothing prophets does that not amount to quid-pro-quo.

Nothing at all, just all that money earned from foreign diplomats in his hotels. You're a laugh a minute MM
                Barr has said that there was nothing to stop Mueller from recommending criminal charges, but he didn't, which is significant. The DOJ looked at the facts of the case and determined that no charges were warranted.

Zero evidence that anybody in the Ukrainian government was aware that the funds had been withheld making any kind of quid pro quo agreement literally impossible.

And remember what I said about seeing lots of supposition and speculation about emoluments but no hard facts? You just presented a textbook example.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I know.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And at some point one needs to face the fact that continued denials of the obvious implies a mental problem. Impeachment is going forward. The testimony this week and last makes it clear Trump was indeed holding the 400M over the heads of the Ukraine leaders on the condition they publicly commit to investigating Trump's political rival. To pretend that is 'nothing' is ... nuts. The Senate still may not vote to remove, that is the wild card here, how willing are senate republicans to compromise their integrity to keep trump in power, but the indictments are going to be there, and the evidence supporting them is quite strong.
                    So when the disappointment comes and the whole story comes out to destroy your latest conspiracy theory, will you ditch the tin foil hat or will you tighten it around your head some more?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      So when the disappointment comes and the whole story comes out to destroy your latest conspiracy theory, will you ditch the tin foil hat or will you tighten it around your head some more?
                      I'm not going to try to predict the future pix. We'll see how it unfolds. You pitched your tent with a deceiver and a man who has abused the office of POTUS and the law. But sometimes people like that win in the end despite the best efforts of honest and good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I know.
                        Well then, what exactly is your point? What are you trying to say with this post:

Originally posted by CP
                        in response to me telling MM his claim the whistleblower has been proven 'wrong' is nuts.

( It is nuts. Everthing the whistleblower was concerned about has been shown to have a solid basis in fact. )
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-31-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I'm not going to try to predict the future pix. We'll see how it unfolds. You pitched your tent with a deceiver and a man who has abused the office of POTUS and the law. But sometimes people like that win in the end despite the best efforts of honest and good people.
                          I don’t need to Jim because we’ve seen this song and dance, for 3 years now:

“This latest scandal will do Trump in for sure! Muhahahahaha!”

*entire scandal does a faceplate, right on the concrete*

“You escaped this time Trump, but tune in next week to see if the DNC finally gets him!”

It’s like watching a Saturday morning cartoon. Same plot, slightly different details. Sorry, Trump isn’t the Antichrist and your wishful thinking that you’ll be vindicated, in the end, is sad and pathetic. I pitched my tent with facts and evidence, if Trump is guilty, throw the bum out, but I doubt he is. You’re just too emotionally invested to see any of this. Sad really.
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-31-2019, 10:46 AM.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I don’t need to Jim because we’ve seen this song and dance, for 3 years now:

“This latest scandal will do Trump in for sure! Muhahahahaha!”

*entire scandal does a faceplate, right on the concrete*

“You escaped this time Trump, but tune in next week to see if the DNC finally gets him!”

It’s like watching a Saturday morning cartoon. Same plot, slightly different details.
                            It took a while to get Al Capone in jail too. Trump is doing a lot of crazy and bad things. But he has a lot of help from unethical players that want to feed off his plate, and a lot of experience with getting away with things that would put most people in jail. So we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Comment

It took a while to get Al Capone in jail too. Trump is doing a lot of crazy and bad things. But he has a lot of help from unethical players that want to feed off his plate, and a lot of experience with getting away with things that would put most people in jail. So we'll just have to wait and see how it unfolds.
                              That’s right Jim, Trump is the most evil person ever and disagreeing with you and wanting this crazy evidence thing is evil. The possibility that you’re wrong, never occurs to you, does it? 3 years later, still waiting. I can’t wait till your disappointment comes and you move onto your next conspiracy theory, never ever accepting the possibility that you could be wrong.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That’s right Jim, Trump is the most evil person ever and disagreeing with you and wanting this crazy evidence thing is evil. The possibility that you’re wrong, never occurs to you, does it? 3 years later, still waiting. I can’t wait till your disappointment comes and you move onto your next conspiracy theory, never ever accepting the possibility that you could be wrong.
                                Al Capone was not the most evil person that ever lived. So me talking about the length of time it took to get Al Capone does not bolster you claim I think "Trump is the most evil person ever". I think he is dirty up one side and down the other. But that's not the same thing.

And the facts we have so far observed make it quite clear Trump was trying to force Ukraine into investigating the Bidens. And that is illegal.

So you'll have to do better than just another rant pix. You need some actual substance.

Comment