Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Unless you mention it on introduction - we had an algebra teacher who went by his rank instead of mister. He told us on Day One and we called him Colonel Kirkpatrick ever since - no one thought he was being a jerk.
    I don't know, wanting to be addressed by your military rank by civilians does seem a bit pretentious.

But then I was the sort of kid who would have delighted in calling him "Mr. Kirkpatrick" just to set him off.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      In any legal proceeding, it is perfectly normal and expected to evaluate the credibility of a witness, and just because the plain facts as testified under oath are not favorable to Mr. Vindman does not make them a "smear".

But do keep up your hypocritical attack against me. Just be careful you don't dislocate your shoulder trying to pat yourself on the back.
      That is a failed defense MM - there is nothing hypocritical about me calling you on your participation in a low life smear campaign against a person of integrity and honor.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-21-2019, 09:04 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Sorry MM...
        I forgive you.

Comment

I forgive you.
          Always distorting what others actually say.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
          ... there is nothing hypocritical about me calling you on your participation in a low life smear campaign against a person of integrity and honor.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Always distorting what others actually say.
            So what you're saying is that your use of the word "sorry" was disingenuous, because you're not sorry at all.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Comment

So what you're saying is that your use of the word "sorry" was disingenuous, because you're not sorry at all.

Now that Jim has edited his post after the fact, it's his charge of you distorting what he said which is disingenuous (because we no longer have a record of what you "distorted").
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Now that Jim has edited his post after the fact, it's his charge of you distorting what he said which is disingenuous (because we no longer have a record of what you "distorted").
                For the record, he removed "Sorry MM" and replaced it with "That is a failed defense".

Comment

Again, always distorting the truth. As a native English speaking person, you should (and likely do) know that "I'm sorry" in that context refers not to any need on my part to apologize, but is in fact an expression of empathy for the the uncomfortable position you find yourself in by being wrong and needing to be corrected.

I have corrected the text to be less subject distortion by one such as yourself.

Comment

Yes we do, It's in his post. "Sorry MM" is the text I adjusted. And in the post above this one, I explain why it was adjusted. But your attempt at accusation is on par with those of the GOP (and MM) aimed at Vindman in terms of lack of accuracy and general pettiness.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-21-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Yes we do, It's in his post. "Sorry MM" is the text I adjusted. And in the post above this one, I explain why it was adjusted. But your attempt at accusation is on par with those of the GOP (and MM) aimed at Vindman in terms of lack of accuracy and general pettiness.
                      Exactly.
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

In other words, he didn't distort it at all; he merely responded sarcastically to part of it.

If you'd have left it alone, without bleating about distortion, people could have seen clearly what had been done and judged for themselves.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

In other words, he didn't distort it at all; he merely responded sarcastically to part of it.
                            cutting out the context which allows it to be clear I was not apologizing for anything is distorting ... Though I was aware of his intent, and my response should be taken IN KIND.

If you'd have left it alone, without bleating about distortion, people could have seen clearly what had been done and judged for themselves.
                            So MM is allowed to respond sarcastically and I am not?

Comment

cutting out the context which allows it to be clear I was not apologizing for anything is distorting ... Though I was aware of his intent, and my response should be taken IN KIND.
                              The context was perfectly clear without your complaint, Jim.
                              So MM is allowed to respond sarcastically and I am not?
                              Are you seriously trying to spin a complaint about distortion as sarcasm?

sigpic

Comment

I don't know, wanting to be addressed by your military rank by civilians does seem a bit pretentious.

But then I was the sort of kid who would have delighted in calling him "Mr. Kirkpatrick" just to set him off.
                                You'd have only done it once - and I doubt calling him mister would have set him off. He was a great teacher - rarely angry - but you didn't want an up close look at his bad side.

Edit: I should add that Col. Kirkpatrick was one of my teachers that I respected the most - and that wasn't because of his service (although I think that made him an even better teacher).
                                Last edited by Teallaura; 11-21-2019, 02:04 PM.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment