Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Truth and facts are horrible things in your world. Especially if they contradict your carefully crafted fact-free narrative.
    Actually, it is the opposite that is true Rogue. Truth and facts - as they relate to Trump - are the horrible things in your world.

Notice how as I turned your accusation around I did not demean you in the whole, but only in the part for which it applies. Perhaps you could look in that mirror and get a better picture of who you are becoming.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It is not obstruction in any way, shape, or form because the White House is under no legal, moral, or ethical obligation to respond to Shifty Schiff's demand letters.
      To attempt to prevent those with knowledge about an illegal act from testifying is obstruction.

The fact they are attempting to prevent them from testifying is that they are guilty as charged. Would that some of these - e.g. Bolton - would grow a spine and a conscience and come forward and tell Congress what they know.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        That would not be the opinion of those issuing the subpoenas...
        Of course it's not, because they have a narrative to sell which you are uncritically buying, but judicial precedent says that House committees can only issue subpoenas if they have the approval of the chamber, which means a House vote. That's how easily Democrats could settle the issue: make the impeachment inquiry official with a House vote. They have the majority, so it would easily pass even if a few Democrats voted against, but they won't do it. Why not? I'm sure you could figure it out if you put a little thought into it.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Gaslighting does not become you CP.
          Sheeeeesh.... OK, I'm done (again )
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's amazing how not one of you has the capacity to read and understand my reply. But perhaps that isn't your goal. You just like to take the opportunity to bash on people regardless of whether or not there is an actual reason to do so?
            How does impugning everyone else's intelligence and accusing the other side of bashing on people for no reason advance conversation, Jim? And how does that comport with Christian charity?
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

To attempt to prevent those with knowledge about an illegal act from testifying is obstruction.

The fact they are attempting to prevent them from testifying is that they are guilty as charged. Would that some of these - e.g. Bolton - would grow a spine and a conscience and come forward and tell Congress what they know.
              Alternatively, an innocent man is under no obligation to compel his colleagues to be interrogated by a hostile committee. Remember, when the subpoenas were challenged in court, Schiff immediately rescinded them instead of waiting to see if they would pass the judicial test. Why would he do that if he was confident that they were legally valid?

Again, if the House wants to compel them to testify then all they have to do is grant subpoena authority to the Judicial Committee with a House vote. The ball is in their court, and they're just letting it sit there.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                How does impugning everyone else's intelligence and accusing the other side of bashing on people for no reason advance conversation, Jim? And how does that comport with Christian charity?
                It doesn't. (And for clarity 'everyone' here logically can only mean 'everyone replying to my post').

Unfortunately, neither does distorting the words of a person trying to have an honest discussion (comport with Christian Charity). I wonder why that doesn't concern you?

Pix was railing on me in a most uncharitable fashion as if I was the singular person with the opinions I hold. This doesn't bother you.

I responded that I am not the only one holding such opinions, vis a vis 50% want trump impeached

MM responded claiming I was using the polls to justify the content of my opinion - which is false, a lie. This doesn't bother you either.

I corrected him.

CP affirmed MM's post with additional demeaning comments. This doesn't bother you.

But my defense, my calling out the 'misunderstanding' of CP and MM and their unwillingness to acknowledge their mistake - because it was equally uncharitable as a long string of comments my direction from the three above - this bothers you?
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

It doesn't. (And for clarity 'everyone' here logically can only mean 'everyone replying to my post').

Unfortunately, neither does distorting the words of a person trying to have an honest discussion (comport with Christian Charity). I wonder why that doesn't concern you?

Pix was railing on me in a most uncharitable fashion as if I was the singular person with the opinions I hold. This doesn't bother you.

I responded that I am not the only one holding such opinions, vis a vis 50% want trump impeached

MM responded claiming I was using the polls to justify the content of my opinion - which is false, a lie. This doesn't bother you either.

I corrected him.

CP affirmed MM's post with additional demeaning comments. This doesn't bother you.

But my defense, my calling out the 'misunderstanding' of CP and MM and their unwillingness to acknowledge their mistake - because it was equally uncharitable as a long string of comments my direction from the three above - this bothers you?
                  It bothers me that you made a blanket statement about everyone - your attempt to clarify notwithstanding, because your "logic" does not withstand scrutiny. I've been following this thread, and I certainly did not come away with the impression that your statement was restricted in any way; am I illogical for thinking so?

Further, I didn't ask for your opinion regarding the actions of certain others. I asked regarding YOUR actions, Jim. Does what they do excuse what you do?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I corrected him.

Lie to yourself all you want, but not to me. You’re not here for honest discussion, you’re here to brow beat and feel superior to anyone that doesn’t agree or believe just like you do. You’re just angry that I’m treating you the exact way you deserve and giving you the same exact treatment you heap onto anyone that isn’t bowing before you.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      Lie to yourself all you want, but not to me. You’re not here for honest discussion, you’re here to brow beat and feel superior to anyone that doesn’t agree or believe just like you do. You’re just angry that I’m treating you the exact way you deserve and giving you the same exact treatment you heap onto anyone that isn’t bowing before you.
                      That's a little harsh, lilpix. As far as I can tell, he's posting what he honestly thinks, doesn't see that he's coming across as feeling superior to everyone else, and doesn't see that he's bashing people just as much as those he castigates. We all tend to be blind to our own failings, especially when we become emotionally invested in an argument.

sigpic

Comment

That's a little harsh, lilpix. As far as I can tell, he's posting what he honestly thinks, doesn't see that he's coming across as feeling superior to everyone else, and doesn't see that he's bashing people just as much as those he castigates. We all tend to be blind to our own failings, especially when we become emotionally invested in an argument.
                        The truth hurts. He attacks his fellow Christians, question their faith, based on what? Disagreeing with his politics.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          The truth hurts. He attacks his fellow Christians, question their faith, based on what? Disagreeing with his politics.
                          If I thought you were accurately portraying him, I would not have objected. Part of the problem here is that BOTH sides tend to see the other in the worst possible light. Both sides would benefit from displaying a little charity.

sigpic

Comment

If I thought you were accurately portraying him, I would not have objected. Part of the problem here is that BOTH sides tend to see the other in the worst possible light. Both sides would benefit from displaying a little charity.
                            I amen'd your post not so much as an "Amen", but an "oh me!"
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Alternatively, an innocent man is under no obligation to compel his colleagues to be interrogated by a hostile committee. Remember, when the subpoenas were challenged in court, Schiff immediately rescinded them instead of waiting to see if they would pass the judicial test. Why would he do that if he was confident that they were legally valid?

Again, if the House wants to compel them to testify then all they have to do is grant subpoena authority to the Judicial Committee with a House vote. The ball is in their court, and they're just letting it sit there.
                              To be fair, there would still be a question of executive privilege in some cases. It's not automatic that all would testify.

That said, yeah valid subpoenas would significantly strengthen the Democrats case that the Administration isn't cooperating. And they know it.

On to Round Ten!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I base my observation on what I see and this what I see:

He thinks Trump is among the most evil people to exist and nothing will change his mind.

There is no meaningful discussion to be had, when any opposing view is treated as enemies at the gates.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment