Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Samaritans purse shoebox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samaritans purse shoebox.

The church I go to does quite a bit of charity outreach. I got this shoebox from Samaritans purse. I'm supposed to fill it with things a kid might need. Throw in some nice gifts as well.

I am looking forward to doing it. Still it's raining and the roads are getting slick. I wake up and its freezing.

I plan on doing this. I want to do it. I like helping folks and trying to be light and salt in teworld.

I hope the weather can get better.
    sigpic

Our kids at Church do that - did you know that you can track your shoebox across the globe, to see where it ends up?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Our kids at Church do that - did you know that you can track your shoebox across the globe, to see where it ends up?
      We did that for many years. We always sent shoeboxes designated for older girls, as we had heard they are the least likely group to get the boxes sent to them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        We did that for many years. We always sent shoeboxes designated for older girls, as we had heard they are the least likely group to get the boxes sent to them.
        That makes a lot of sense - kinda like the puppies at the kennel - nobody wants the big dog.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense - kinda like the puppies at the kennel - nobody wants the big dog.
          And in many parts of the world boys are valued more than girls so the girls are often left out of school and other opportunities.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

And in many parts of the world boys are valued more than girls so the girls are often left out of school and other opportunities.
            Good points!

Comment

Good points!
              Yup. That's why we always did older girls.

Comment

I did not. That sounds kinda nice actually.
                sigpic

Comment

What would one give to an older girl? I know it's going to Peru. I dont even know if they will speak or be able to read english. I just want to do something kind.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    I did not. That sounds kinda nice actually.
                    Follow Your Box Labels

Comment

What would one give to an older girl? I know it's going to Peru. I dont even know if they will speak or be able to read english. I just want to do something kind.
                      There should be a list that comes with the box with ideas for each gender and age group. We used to include hair brushes and toothbrushes and a bar of soap and a small sewing kit and maybe a comb and hair elastics and that sort of thing.

If you don't have a list with your box, then check the Samaritan's Purse website and do a search for ideas for the boxes. I am sure they will have some ideas there for you.

Comment

There should be a list that comes with the box with ideas for each gender and age group. We used to include hair brushes and toothbrushes and a bar of soap and a small sewing kit and maybe a comb and hair elastics and that sort of thing.

If you don't have a list with your box, then check the Samaritan's Purse website and do a search for ideas for the boxes. I am sure they will have some ideas there for you.
                        Yeah, and it seems like every year they add a "do not send" item or two, so it's good to check the website for the latest info.

Comment

I did get some things that I figure anyone would want/ need.
                          sigpic

Comment

I did get some things that I figure anyone would want/ need.
                            So how much bacon did you add then?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              So how much bacon did you add then?
                              I dont think shipping bacon overseas in an unrefrigerated box is a good idea.
                              sigpic

Comment