Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Joe Walsh is running against President Trump. He is a former Republican Senator from Illinois, he was a conservative talk show host.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/03/media...ces/index.html

It is his assessment that the conservative media, like Fox, are lying to their listeners to keep their votes. That conservative radio hosts are lying to keep their listeners. They are telling Trump voters what they want to hear to keep their positions even though they know that what they are saying is not true.

This is what we are facing. And until some not isolated group of people that has the Trump Voter's ear has the guts to stand up and speak the truth, the 'fake news' narrative Trump voters have bought into will continue to thrive and bear fruit.

Every Republican senator that has put their re-election above the constitution and the well-being of this country is at fault. As is every person in the conservative news that knows that what they are writing is simply not true.

There is another thread on Catherine Herridge's departure from fox, stating the 'the facts matter'.

And they really do. There needs to be an uprising of conscience. The 'fake news' narrative can only succeed if the good people with a conscience that work in the conservative news outlets remain silent. We can pray that they will reach the end of what they can stomach as a group.

There are enough good people that have been lured into this false narrative that if there are enough people in conservative media that they trust that have a conscience and that stand up and tell the truth, the tide can be turned.

Since when has the Mass Media cared about facts?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No, I believe him because he chose not to participate in the lying that is going on all the time and is trying to do something about it.
      Translation: "I believe him because he tells me what I want to hear."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Translation: "I believe him because he tells me what I want to hear."

Keep trying, you might figure it out some day. There are people in the world with a thing called a conscience. Maybe not you, which would explain why you have such a hard time understanding the people that act on theirs. But people with a conscience, when they are asked to lie or make up things over and over again, it eventually gets to them. And some of them actually try to make it right.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Since when has the Mass Media cared about facts?
          Yet another victim of the 'fake news' narrative.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yet another victim of the 'fake news' narrative.
            So it isn’t true that the media spent 2 years pressing a Russia collusion narrative that turned out to be total fiction? That’s a textbook definition of fake news Jim, rather you want to admit it or not.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So it isn’t true that the media spent 2 years pressing a Russia collusion narrative that turned out to be total fiction? That’s a textbook definition of fake news Jim, rather you want to admit it or not.
              They spent two years reporting on a president obsessed with the Mueller investigation* and the facts surrounding that situation - you mean that?

*(more likely scared to death his efforts to hide what he had done would not be sufficient, or just unsure if what he had done would turn out to be illegal and put him in the pokie)

Comment

Keep trying, you might figure it out some day. There are people in the world with a thing called a conscience. Maybe not you, which would explain why you have such a hard time understanding the people that act on theirs. But people with a conscience, when they are asked to lie or make up things over and over again, it eventually gets to them. And some of them actually try to make it right.

Jim
                You only think he's acting on his conscience because he happens to agree with you, and in your self-righteous little world, you equate that with the truth.

Comment

You only think he's acting on his conscience because he happens to agree with you, and in your self-righteous little world, you equate that with the truth.
                  whoops - you missed. Try again. But I understand that people with a conscience appear 'self-righteous' to you. Especially if they act on it.

Comment

They spent two years reporting on a president obsessed with the Mueller investigation* and the facts surrounding that situation - you mean that?

*(more likely scared to death his efforts to hide what he had done would not be sufficient, or just unsure if what he had done would turn out to be illegal and put him in the pokie)
                    No they didn’t, if that makes you feel better about being lied to, go with it.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I understand that people with a conscience appear 'self-righteous'...
                      Rather, it's the people who are self-righteous who appear to be self-righteous, although they are often blind to their own hypocrisy.

Comment

No they didn’t, if that makes you feel better about being lied to, go with it.
                        The facts, as they were laid out in the Mueller report, would show the MSM did a pretty good job of delivering the facts.

Be careful not confuse cable based hour long political commentary programming for 'reporting the news' and that goes on both sides of the isle.

Comment

Rather, it's the people who are self-righteous who appear to be self-righteous, although they are often blind to their own hypocrisy.
                          Circular definitions do not an argument make

Comment

Circular definitions do not an argument make
                            It's actually not a circular definition.

Comment

The facts, as they were laid out in the Mueller report, would show the MSM did a pretty good job of delivering the facts.

Be careful not confuse cable based hour long political commentary programming for 'reporting the news' and that goes on both sides of the isle.
                              No they didn’t, but if that delusion helps you hold onto your dream, go with it.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It's actually not a circular definition.
                                Its not any sort of definition at all really - is it? Just another attempt to slap a denigrating label on people you don't agree with. But it fails in that it simply isn't true.

But thanks for making my point - the point being that all to often people that act on their conscience are seen as self-righteous in your eyes, especially if that action points to something you yourself are doing that is wrong, or points out that someone you support is doing something wrong.

Which means you do not acknowledge or perhaps even recognize the difference between righteousness and self-righteousness.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment