Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ...the point being that all to often people that act on their conscience is seen as self-righteous in your eyes...
    No, I call YOU self-righteous because you are.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      No, I call YOU self-righteous because you are.
      I'm not taking about me. I'm talking about people with a conscience that see what Trump is doing and act accordingly to what conscience requires. The people you call rats, or liars, or 'self-righteous'
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I'm not taking about me.'
        I am.

Comment

I am.
          Is it my thread? We are not talking about me. This is about Joe Walsh and others that are a acting on conscience. If you switched to talking about me, you are out of line.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2019, 12:32 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Which is the more pathetic falsehood? "Actually, Trump was the one who was really pushing the collusion narrative" or "this has nothing to do with me, it's all about Jim Walsh?"
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              Which is the more pathetic falsehood? "Actually, Trump was the one who was really pushing the collusion narrative" or "this has nothing to do with me, it's all about Jim Walsh?"
              I dont really have time for this. If people want to discuss why jim Walsh is saying that the conservative media is lying about Trump, pro or con, feel free to post opinions related to that, anyone who wants to take this as an opportunity to vent hostility against me as a person, get lost.

Or maybe find another thread where its author enjoys trashing TWEB members and will tolerate you doing so.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I dont really have time for this. If people want to discuss why jim Walsh is saying that the conservative media is lying about Trump, pro or con, feel free to post opinions related to that, anyone who wants to take this as an opportunity to vent hostility against me as a person, get lost.
                I would like to discuss the fact that in post #1, you weren't just quoting Jim Walsh but also adding your own commentary, about Herridge and other matters. Pretending that the thread is just about the views of Jim Walsh is just pure deception.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                  I would like to discuss the fact that in post #1, you weren't just quoting Jim Walsh but also adding your own commentary, about Herridge and other matters. Pretending that the thread is just about the views of Jim Walsh is just pure deception.
                  Please note my actual comment to MM:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                  his is about Joe Walsh and others that are a acting on conscience
                  You can feel free to discuss Herridge and other matters, as long as it's not about your opinion of me as a person. You don't have to like my opinion about Walsh, or Trump, of fox etc. You can fee free to express any of those contrary opinions that you want, as long as it's not a flame fest targeting me the person.

So It's pretty much wide open as most threads are here, as long as its doesn't turn into a flame fest with me as the target. Since it's my thread, I get the privilege of banning the flame throwers. But that is pretty much all that I'm banning.

Does that help clear it up?

Can you play without a flame thrower? Or it that a necessary accoutrement for you to want to participate?
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

When you say "acting on conscience", you really mean "acting on emotion".

Comment

It might be interesting if Walsh has any specific things concerning things that might be bad about Trump.

Walsh's website didn't show any useful ideas that would make us shy away from support for Trump.

There was a slogan point about some "violent people ... who ...stated Trump was an inspiration for their violence." But, I don''t think Trump ever promoted Antifa's behavior. I haven't heard or seen anything from Trump to inspire anyone to violence. I don't remember Trump showing a beheading of a so-called comedienne. Maybe my memory is lacking here.

I would think Walsh would condemn the Democrats Congress members for their hate speech against our President and our country. This would be a first step.

A key element today is to know who is able to get a balanced view of American politics.
                      Last edited by mikewhitney; 11-04-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

When you say "acting on conscience", you really mean "acting on emotion".
                        No MM. I mean acting on conscience. Like the whistleblower you were so gleeful about possibly being exposed. Or when Sessions recused himself. Or as in the case when walsh sees how there are pressures to lie and deceive. Or when news personalities leave fox because they see how many facts are being ignored or suppressed. Or when people see the effect of Trumps immigration policies on children and families. Or when people in the department of state see obvious back channel policy undermining the best interests of the United States.

I mean conscience. When a person sees something that is wrong and is in a position to do something about it and they take on the risk to themselves and try to make a positive difference, they push back against what is happening that is wrong.

Comment

No MM. I mean acting on conscience. Like the whistleblower you were so gleeful about possibly being exposed. Or when Sessions recused himself. Or as in the case when walsh sees how there are pressures to lie and deceive. Or when news personalities leave fox because they see how many facts are being ignored or suppressed. Or when people see the effect of Trumps immigration policies on children and families. Or when people in the department of state see obvious back channel policy undermining the best interests of the United States.
                          The way you try to spin this stuff is hilariously ham-handed.

Comment

The way you try to spin this stuff is hilariously ham-handed.
                            The way you try to dismiss real evil is incredibly sad and itself evil.

Comment

The fact that you think Trump is evil shows how disconnected from reality you really are. He's just a flawed human being like the rest of us and no more "evil" than you or I.

Comment

You know, before my kids go to bed at night, they ask me to check and make sure Donald Trump isn’t hiding under their bed and will ‘get them’ once the lights go out. Trump is so darn evil, he replaced the boogyman, slender man, Hitler and the grim reaper. He clearly must be stopped!
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment