Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It is his assessment that the conservative media, like Fox, are lying to their listeners to keep their votes. That conservative radio hosts are lying to keep their listeners. They are telling Trump voters what they want to hear to keep their positions even though they know that what they are saying is not true.
    Indeed. Though it's noteworthy that Joe Walsh himself is one of those selfsame lying conservative radio hosts.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Indeed. Though it's noteworthy that Joe Walsh himself is one of those selfsame lying conservative radio hosts.
    Yep, that is why I believe him. He knows what is going on, he was one of them.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post

Fake News has lied to the people so many times, and they have naturally rejected it. Only intelligent idiots continue to trust it.
    That is what you prefer to hear and believe. But it is not an accurate statement. It is the narrative Trump wants you to believe, and that way you cant know what he is actually up to, because when it is reported in the news, you won't believe it.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimbulb View Post
    Yep, that is why I believe him. He knows what is going on, he was one of them.
    Translation: "I believe him because he's a liar."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen Cow Poke, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Translation: "I believe him because he's a liar."

No, I believe him because he chose not to participate in the lying that is going on all the time and is trying to do something about it.

Your capacity to denigrate those with a conscience appears to have very few limits.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Joe Walsh is running against President Trump. He is a former Republican Senator from Illinois, he was a conservative talk show host.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/03/media...ces/index.html

It is his assessment that the conservative media, like Fox, are lying to their listeners to keep their votes. That conservative radio hosts are lying to keep their listeners. They are telling Trump voters what they want to hear to keep their positions even though they know that what they are saying is not true.

This is what we are facing. And until some not isolated group of people that has the Trump Voter's ear has the guts to stand up and speak the truth, the 'fake news' narrative Trump voters have bought into will continue to thrive and bear fruit.

Every Republican senator that has put their re-election above the constitution and the well-being of this country is at fault. As is every person in the conservative news that knows that what they are writing is simply not true.

There is another thread on Catherine Herridge's departure from fox, stating the 'the facts matter'.

And they really do. There needs to be an uprising of conscience. The 'fake news' narrative can only succeed if the good people with a conscience that work in the conservative news outlets remain silent. We can pray that they will reach the end of what they can stomach as a group.

There are enough good people that have been lured into this false narrative that if there are enough people in conservative media that they trust that have a conscience and that stand up and tell the truth, the tide can be turned.

Since when has the Mass Media cared about facts?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, I believe him because he chose not to participate in the lying that is going on all the time and is trying to do something about it.
    Translation: "I believe him because he tells me what I want to hear."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Translation: "I believe him because he tells me what I want to hear."

Keep trying, you might figure it out some day. There are people in the world with a thing called a conscience. Maybe not you, which would explain why you have such a hard time understanding the people that act on theirs. But people with a conscience, when they are asked to lie or make up things over and over again, it eventually gets to them. And some of them actually try to make it right.

Jim

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Since when has the Mass Media cared about facts?
    Yet another victim of the 'fake news' narrative.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yet another victim of the 'fake news' narrative.
    So it isn’t true that the media spent 2 years pressing a Russia collusion narrative that turned out to be total fiction? That’s a textbook definition of fake news Jim, rather you want to admit it or not.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

13. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.