Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So it isn’t true that the media spent 2 years pressing a Russia collusion narrative that turned out to be total fiction? That’s a textbook definition of fake news Jim, rather you want to admit it or not.
    They spent two years reporting on a president obsessed with the Mueller investigation* and the facts surrounding that situation - you mean that?

*(more likely scared to death his efforts to hide what he had done would not be sufficient, or just unsure if what he had done would turn out to be illegal and put him in the pokie)
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Keep trying, you might figure it out some day. There are people in the world with a thing called a conscience. Maybe not you, which would explain why you have such a hard time understanding the people that act on theirs. But people with a conscience, when they are asked to lie or make up things over and over again, it eventually gets to them. And some of them actually try to make it right.

Jim
    You only think he's acting on his conscience because he happens to agree with you, and in your self-righteous little world, you equate that with the truth.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

3. Amen One Bad Pig, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You only think he's acting on his conscience because he happens to agree with you, and in your self-righteous little world, you equate that with the truth.
    whoops - you missed. Try again. But I understand that people with a conscience appear 'self-righteous' to you. Especially if they act on it.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They spent two years reporting on a president obsessed with the Mueller investigation* and the facts surrounding that situation - you mean that?

*(more likely scared to death his efforts to hide what he had done would not be sufficient, or just unsure if what he had done would turn out to be illegal and put him in the pokie)
    No they didn’t, if that makes you feel better about being lied to, go with it.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I understand that people with a conscience appear 'self-righteous'...
    Rather, it's the people who are self-righteous who appear to be self-righteous, although they are often blind to their own hypocrisy.

7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    No they didn’t, if that makes you feel better about being lied to, go with it.
    The facts, as they were laid out in the Mueller report, would show the MSM did a pretty good job of delivering the facts.

Be careful not confuse cable based hour long political commentary programming for 'reporting the news' and that goes on both sides of the isle.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Rather, it's the people who are self-righteous who appear to be self-righteous, although they are often blind to their own hypocrisy.
    Circular definitions do not an argument make

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Circular definitions do not an argument make
    It's actually not a circular definition.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The facts, as they were laid out in the Mueller report, would show the MSM did a pretty good job of delivering the facts.

Be careful not confuse cable based hour long political commentary programming for 'reporting the news' and that goes on both sides of the isle.
    No they didn’t, but if that delusion helps you hold onto your dream, go with it.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's actually not a circular definition.
    Its not any sort of definition at all really - is it? Just another attempt to slap a denigrating label on people you don't agree with. But it fails in that it simply isn't true.

But thanks for making my point - the point being that all to often people that act on their conscience are seen as self-righteous in your eyes, especially if that action points to something you yourself are doing that is wrong, or points out that someone you support is doing something wrong.

Which means you do not acknowledge or perhaps even recognize the difference between righteousness and self-righteousness.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-04-2019 at 10:01 AM.

13. Amen Charles amen'd this post.