Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump loses yet another case in court.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    "His crimes were SOP, your honor!"

Glad you're not my lawyer. And given Trump's old lawyer is currently in prison for committing this crime with Trump, Trump better hope he can get a better lawyer than either you or his old lawyer.
    If you're paying off a woman so that your wife and family don't find out about your affair it is not in any way shape or form a crime. Trump could have a kindergartner successfully defend him on that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    SOP or not, it was still campaign finance fraud and is being investigated as such at any rate.
    No it isn't. If it were, then Trump would already be impeached for it. All you have is the discredited word of a crook who pled guilty to a slew of charges simply to lessen his sentence and take a swipe at his former client. But there is no impeachment inquiry into campaign finance violations, is there?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimbulb View Post

Glad you're not my lawyer. And given Trump's old lawyer is currently in prison for committing this crime with Trump, Trump better hope he can get a better lawyer than either you or his old lawyer.
    You seen a tad confused. Paying someone as part of a non-disclosure agreement -- what is colloquially referred to as "hush money" -- is not a crime in the US.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    If you're paying off a woman so that your wife and family don't find out about your affair it is not in any way shape or form a crime.
    As tawdry as that is, it is not illegal, and is quite common among even the heroes of the liberals.

Trump could have a kindergartner successfully defend him on that.
    Unless, of course, the kindergartner was exposed to large doses of liberal reporting.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As tawdry as that is, it is not illegal, and is quite common among even the heroes of the liberals.
    I think "distasteful but legal" would be a good way to put it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Too funny!

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    No it isn't. If it were, then Trump would already be impeached for it. All you have is the discredited word of a crook who pled guilty to a slew of charges simply to lessen his sentence and take a swipe at his former client. But there is no impeachment inquiry into campaign finance violations, is there?
    Yes it was, and Michael Cohen is in prison for it. Cohen paid $130,000 to one of the women which is $121,000 over the donation limit, and the publishing company paid $150,000 to the other woman. Now, even though it hasn't been proven as of yet that these payments were directed by Trump for the purpose of helping his campaign, you and I both know that that is exactly what those payments were for. This is still under investigation, there are obviously other witnesses than Cohen, as well as his tax returns which the court just ruled can be looked at by the SDNY.

9. Amen Starlight amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes it was, and Michael Cohen is in prison for it. Cohen paid $130,000 to one of the women which is $121,000 over the donation limit, and the publishing company paid $150,000 to the other woman. Now, even though it hasn't been proven as of yet that these payments were directed by Trump for the purpose of helping his campaign, you and I both know that that is exactly what those payments were for. This is still under investigation, there are obviously other witnesses than Cohen, as well as his tax returns which the court just ruled can be looked at by the SDNY.
    Neither of those were campaign contributions. If they were, Trump would already be deposed. You and I both know it.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

11. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Neither of those were campaign contributions. If they were, Trump would already be deposed. You and I both know it.
    No, you're just playing ignorant, Bill. He'd of paid those women off a long time ago had he any intention to, not just before the election. And according to Trump himself, he's not the one that paid them off, the money didn't come from his account, so it was donated, donated just prior to an election. To the unindoctrinated that is known as campaign finance fraud, to the indoctrinated it's whatever Trump tells them it is.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, you're just playing ignorant, Bill. He'd of paid those women off a long time ago had he any intention to, not just before the election. And according to Trump himself, he's not the one that paid them off, the money didn't come from his account, so it was donated, donated just prior to an election. To the unindoctrinated that is known as campaign finance fraud, to the indoctrinated it's whatever Trump tells them it is.
    Oh baloney. He had a habit of paying off his mistresses. That is public knowledge. It was his M.O. and he reimbursed Cohen from his own pocket, making it NOT a contribition. And again, had it been a criminal act, he would have been impeached for it when it came out. But he hasn't, has he?

14. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.