Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump loses yet another case in court.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    They're seeking evidence to solidify what case, MM?
    Exactly, JimL what case? No probable cause to even think there was a crime much less that Trump committed it.

2. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Trump loses appeal to stop New York State from investigating his tax returns.

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/4/trump-...urns-case.html
    And yet ends up winning many of them when they make their way up to the Supreme Court where this is undoubtedly eventually going to wind up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think Piers Morgan really knows how to sum up the whole Trump issue, "Trump may look like heís on the ropes but heís got US jobs flying, ISIS chiefs dying, and desperate Democrats launching an impeachment bid they canít win Ė all of which spells a stunning KO in 2020".

6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Isn't it funny that Trump promised he'd release his tax returns when he was running for President... and then didn't... and then still didn't despite considerable public pressure... and then, according to a recent IRS whistle-blower, got his appointees to the IRS to quash the standard IRS audit of a President's taxes... and then sued to stop them being released.

Its kinda enough to make you think there's something bad in there, and that Trump knows it.

Though we've learned a few things so far:

• Summaries of his personal returns from the 80s and 90s, show Trump lost a massive amount of money in real estate investments at a time when the market was booming and others were making money hand over fist. Trump's monumental losses in this period probably mean he was the single greatest loser of money among all taxpayers in the entire US over this period. At the height of this period in which he demonstrated himself to be the US's single worst businessman, he had Art of the Deal written for him about what a great businessman he was and how great he was at making deals.

• Due to Trump Organisation returns from the 70s to 90s we can see that the massive amounts of money Trump was continuously losing through his business incompetence were being gifted to him by his father. Trump's father was constantly funneling money to Trump through various schemes, many of which were illegal and some of which he was caught in. Overall Trump's father appears to have funneled more than $400 million to Trump through tax evasion schemes. Trump subsequently appears to have lost it all through his business incompetence.

A question on many people's minds is, once Trump's father was dead and gone and Trump had whittled away the $400 million his father had left him, who was propping up Trump's ongoing business failings? The answer appears to be money launderers. The NY real estate market has long been a prime target for people wishing to launder money gained through questionable means. An estimated one third of all high-end NY real estate deals are primarily about money laundering, in which the person with money from dodgy sources is prepared to pay over-inflated prices for the real estate simply in order to be able to on-sell it at a more reasonable price and walk away with money that looks less dodgy because it appears to have come from legitimate business dealings. The people in recent decades who have been most interested in having their money laundered have been Russian oligarchs, who, following the collapse of the Soviet Union, managed to divert massive amounts of their country's wealth into their own pocket by various questionable means. Today the Trump organisation's business dealings appear to involve a very large amount of Russian investment, with Trump's sons saying:

"Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets... We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia." - Don Jr, 2008

"we donít rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia" - Eric Trump, 2014

But I guess it's Complete Speculation to think that evidence of this might show up in Trump's taxes, and presumably the reason he's desperate to hide his taxes is his clear conscience.
    IIRC, the only tax returns from Trump that anyone has actually seen are the ones Rachel Maddow breathlessly aired on her show, and they showed that he actually didn't claim every deduction he was entitled to -- which I'll bet Trump is embarrassed about

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen Mountain Man, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esther View Post
    I think Piers Morgan really knows how to sum up the whole Trump issue, "Trump may look like heís on the ropes but heís got US jobs flying, ISIS chiefs dying, and desperate Democrats launching an impeachment bid they canít win Ė all of which spells a stunning KO in 2020".
    Even the New York Times is now saying that in all likelihood Trump's lead in the Electoral College may even be stronger now than in 2016.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Even the New York Times is now saying that in all likelihood Trump's lead in the Electoral College may even be stronger now than in 2016.
    But but but.... The Democrat may bet more votes!!!!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And the worst part for Democrats is that Trump hasn't even started campaigning in earnest yet.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's no laughing matter. Remember, if they can deny the President of the United States due process, then what's to stop them from doing it to you? What they're doing to Trump should send a chill down the spine of every US citizen.
    He is not being denied due process. He's made his bed and it's just catching up to him. He's broken so may laws, cut so many corners, it's bound to catch up sooner or later. The really weird thing is that people like you and rogue can be convinced there isn't probably cause. "I'm innocent (checks with his latest fixer lawyer) - no, really!"

What criminal doesn't claim they are innocent, the police are out to get them, "I've been framed I tell ya FRAMED".

It's really nutsy crazy so many people have let this con pull the wool over their eyes.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet ends up winning many of them when they make their way up to the Supreme Court where this is undoubtedly eventually going to wind up.
    well, he has a better chance there maybe. He's got 2 of the 9 that 'owe' him. At least, that is what he thinks. And of course, that is how he works. If he helps you out, you'd better help him out. Not sure if that really works with a SC justice, but that is how He'd like it to be. You can bet there will be a twitter tirade if one or both of the SC justices he thinks he owns sides against him.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    well, he has a better chance there maybe. He's got 2 of the 9 that 'owe' him. At least, that is what he thinks. And of course, that is how he works. If he helps you out, you'd better help him out. Not sure if that really works with a SC justice, but that is how He'd like it to be. You can bet there will be a twitter tirade if one or both of the SC justices he thinks he owns sides against him.
    Wow. Once you start down the conspiracy theory highway they all start to look reasonable.

You're entering the territory of thinking that if things don't go your way or the way you figure the it obviously means that the fix is in because that's the only reasonable answer.

15. Amen RumTumTugger, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.