Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump loses yet another case in court.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    If the Democrats really believed that Trump has "broken so many laws", they wouldn't be focusing all their attention on a supposed quid-pro-quo where there may not even be a quo.
    Shifty Schiff hinted in a recent tweet that they're still trying to build an obstruction of justice case, so this is likely all just an attempt to goad Trump into interfering with their endless witch-hunts.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      This is where you leave reality and enter the land of your delusions, because there is no evidence to support this claim. The fact that Trump has faced the most intense scrutiny of any politician, at least in my lifetime, and yet nothing substantial has been discovered is pretty extraordinary. It's going to be hard for his 2020 challenger to dig up any dirt because there's nowhere left to dig!
      Whether someone has broken a specific law is generally up for debate, thats why we have lawyers. To say theres no evidence to support this claim is the actual delusion. Theres plenty of evidence, whether the evidence is enough to establish all elements associated with a specific crime is another matter. Theres far less evidence for the claim that Hillary broke the law yet republicans have no hesitation in believing that.

I agree that Trump has faced more scrutiny than any other president but also no other president had obstructed congress so blatantly and frequently or whined so publicly. For better or worse Trump has shown problems with the US executive structure and his behavior will undoubtedly be copied by another future president. If a future democrat president refuses to comply with any investigation involving themselves to a republican house then remember that republicans said this behavior was acceptable. Checks and balances will be the delusion then.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        To say theres no evidence to support this claim is the actual delusion. Theres plenty of evidence, whether the evidence is enough to establish all elements associated with a specific crime is another matter.
        So now it's down to a game of semantics.

If a future democrat president refuses to comply with any investigation involving themselves to a republican house then remember that republicans said this behavior was acceptable. Checks and balances will be the delusion then.
        There is actually a well-established precedent throughout US history going all the way back to George Washington of presidents using executive privilege to place a check on Congressional overreach.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-04-2019, 09:24 PM.

Comment

So now it's down to a game of semantics.

There is actually a well-established precedent throughout US history going all the way back to George Washington of presidents using executive privilege to place a check on Congressional overreach.
          Well yes, law can be a game of semantics. Thats essentially how you get case law from legislation.

If there's well established precedent then why did Trump lose in court?

Comment

This is where you leave reality and enter the land of your delusions, because there is no evidence to support this claim. The fact that Trump has faced the most intense scrutiny of any politician, at least in my lifetime, and yet nothing substantial has been discovered is pretty extraordinary. It's going to be hard for his 2020 challenger to dig up any dirt because there's nowhere left to dig!
            There is literally piles of such evidence Baghdad bob.the depositions released today are in fact piles of such evidence. So, while you can deny the reality, you cant change the reality. So feel free to continue to claim the world is flat all you wish, it is not.

Whether there will be real consequences to Trump as result of his crimes is the only element in question. And it is in question only because of a bunch of spineless and immoral senators and congressmen who care more about their seats than they do the US constitution or the well being of our nation.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Whether someone has broken a specific law is generally up for debate, thats why we have lawyers. To say theres no evidence to support this claim is the actual delusion. Theres plenty of evidence, whether the evidence is enough to establish all elements associated with a specific crime is another matter. Theres far less evidence for the claim that Hillary broke the law yet republicans have no hesitation in believing that.

I agree that Trump has faced more scrutiny than any other president but also no other president had obstructed congress so blatantly and frequently or whined so publicly. For better or worse Trump has shown problems with the US executive structure and his behavior will undoubtedly be copied by another future president. If a future democrat president refuses to comply with any investigation involving themselves to a republican house then remember that republicans said this behavior was acceptable. Checks and balances will be the delusion then.
              The previous Administration obstructed Congress so blatantly that the Attorney General was held in contempt of Congress for the first time ever where even 17 Democrats voted to support the measure. IIRC, the Obama Administration routinely ignored subpoenas for documents and often didn't even bother offering an excuse like Executive Privilege for their refusal. They just simply ignored the requests.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                The previous Administration obstructed Congress so blatantly that the Attorney General was held in contempt of Congress for the first time ever where even 17 Democrats voted to support the measure. IIRC, the Obama Administration routinely ignored subpoenas for documents and often didn't even bother offering an excuse like Executive Privilege for their refusal. They just simply ignored the requests.
                Your hatred of the Obama administration is almost as pathological as Trumps. Observing you and Trump, and especially understanding a lot of the hatred for Obama in this country was racial, I am asking you why do you hate him so much. Can you explain what it is about Obama that causes you to be so completely against him, even more it seems than I am against Trump.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Your hatred of the Obama administration is almost as pathological as Trumps. Observing you and Trump, and especially understanding a lot of the hatred for Obama in this country was racial, I am asking you why do you hate him so much. Can you explain what it is about Obama that causes you to be so completely against him, even more it seems than I am against Trump.
                  And I'll bet that you are blissfully oblivious to the irony of you saying the someone else has a pathological hatred for a presidential Administration.

If you'll notice, in stark contrast to yourself I didn't spend my time when he was president making one hysterical over-the-top conspiracy theory based accusation after another day after day after day like you are now.

Matthew 7:5 ought to be something that you take to heart.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And your hatred of Trump, has turned you into a bitter man, looking for crimes where none exist. Now, is what Rogue said true or false?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

the depositions released today are in fact piles of such evidence.
                      Not really. A critical analysis shows that they are carefully constructed to sell a narrative but offer very little in the way of solid facts.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-construction/

Comment

And I'll bet that you are blissfully oblivious to the irony of you saying the someone else has a pathological hatred for a presidential Administration..
                        It's almost spooky.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I'll bet that you are blissfully oblivious to the irony of you saying the someone else has a pathological hatred for a presidential Administration.
                          No - and the evidence is in my post Rogue:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                          ... you to be so completely against him, even more it seems than I am against Trump.
                          There - does that make it noticeable?

If you'll notice, in stark contrast to yourself I didn't spend my time when he was president making one hysterical over-the-top conspiracy theory based accusation after another day after day after day like you are now.

Matthew 7:5 ought to be something that you take to heart.
                          Ummm - I beg to differ. On two fronts:

First: I'm simply quoting the facts and obvious implications, not touting 'conspiracy theories' unlike, oh say, the deep state is out to undo the Trump presidency, or unfounded stories of servers moved to Ukraine etc etc.

The problem for me with Trump is that he and his administration are corrupt and criminally self-serving on a level more like a poor South American regime, or maybe some struggling former member of the USSR. Much more so than Obama ever was. The truth being, Obama's administration was one of the most scandal free administrations in recent memory.

Second: You appear to me to be on a continuous warpath against Obama - I can't speak for before Trump, I wasn't in CIVICS then, but for the last three years following the start of Trump's presidency your go to excuse for Trump is "But Obama ...".

So - back to my question. Why are you on the warpath against Obama? (And why is Trump on the warpath against Obama? Indeed, Trump is seems to have as his goal to eliminate every possible trace of Obama's presidency.) And you seem of the same mind so as to be glad he's doing it.

So the question is why? I think I know why Trump is after him. But what is it about Obama that sets you so completely against him? I know why I am against Trump, and I've explained it many times. Why are you equally (if not more so) against Obama?
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-05-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

No - and the evidence is in my post Rogue:

There - does that make it noticeable?

Ummm - I beg to differ. On two fronts:

First: I'm simply quoting the facts and obvious implications, not touting 'conspiracy theories' unlike, oh say, the deep state is out to undo the Trump presidency, or unfounded stories of servers moved to Ukraine etc etc.

The problem for me with Trump is that he and his administration are corrupt and criminally self-serving on a level more like a poor South American regime, or maybe some struggling former member of the USSR. Much more so than Obama ever was. The truth being, Obama's administration was one of the most scandal free administrations in recent memory.

Second: You appear to me to be on a continuous warpath against Obama - I can't speak for before Trump, I wasn't in CIVICS then, but for the last three years following the start of Trump's presidency your go to excuse for Trump is "But Obama ...".

So - back to my question. Why are you on the warpath against Obama? (And why is Trump on the warpath against Obama? Indeed, Trump is seems to have as his goal to eliminate every possible trace of Obama's presidency.) And you seem of the same mind so as to be glad he's doing it.

So the question is why? I think I know why Trump is after him. But what is it about Obama that sets you so completely against him? I know why I am against Trump, and I've explained it many times. Why are you equally (if not more so) against Obama?
                            The evidence of your obsessive compulsion is here for all to see day after day no matter how you try to sugarcoat it.

The reason that I keep bringing up what Obama did is in order to shine a spotlight on yours and others blatant hypocrisy. You'll point out something Trump did that makes you completely lose it but were completely silent when Obama did something much worse and when informed of it either start excusing it[1] or hand wave it off as "hatred"[2] which ironically is the foundation and often the entire content of your constant rants

1. like going apoplectic when Trump says that the MSM sucks (and used the word "traitors") but think that's far worse than when Obama actually sicced the government against those few in the press who didn't kiss his ring (calling them the "enemy").

2. Like here when I pointed out to Watermelon that his declaration that "no other president had obstructed congress so blatantly and frequently" doesn't hold water by pointing out what took place during the previous Administration.

Comment

It's no laughing matter. Remember, if they can deny the President of the United States due process, then what's to stop them from doing it to you? What they're doing to Trump should send a chill down the spine of every US citizen.
                              Who is denying him due process, he's obviously guilty of campaign finance fraud, is under investigation for that, and his tax returns are part of NY states investigation into that already obvious fraud. There is no denial of due process. Trump, the wannabe dictator, is simply arguing in court that because he is the sitting President, he is beyond the reach of the law, can't be investigated, for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Who is denying him due process, he's obviously guilty of campaign finance fraud, is under investigation for that, and his tax returns are part of NY states investigation into that already obvious fraud. There is no denial of due process. Trump, the wannabe dictator, is simply arguing in court that because he is the sitting President, he is beyond the reach of the law, can't be investigated, for anything.
                                Obama committed campaign finance fraud too. I’m sure you’ll be pressing any minute now for Obama to go to jail...
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment