Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 149

Thread: Trump loses yet another case in court.

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,448
    Amen (Given)
    384
    Amen (Received)
    1705
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Wow. Once you start down the conspiracy theory highway they all start to look reasonable.

    You're entering the territory of thinking that if things don't go your way or the way you figure the it obviously means that the fix is in because that's the only reasonable answer.
    Don't read into what I'm saying what is not there. You have a real problem with that. I didn't say he owned the SC justices. I said he (Donald Trump) likely thinks they owe him a favor or two. And he likely does.

    As for whether they would feel any actual obligation to him over the US Constitution seems unlikely, but remains to be seen.

    Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  2. #22
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,394
    Amen (Given)
    12453
    Amen (Received)
    26645
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Don't read into what I'm saying what is not there. You have a real problem with that.
    iron e.jpeg
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  3. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,448
    Amen (Given)
    384
    Amen (Received)
    1705
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I asked you not to reply to me. Are you really going to push it? I'm not allowed to put you on ignore - do you not have the decency to honor my request?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #24
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,394
    Amen (Given)
    12453
    Amen (Received)
    26645
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I asked you not to reply to me. Are you really going to push it? I'm not allowed to put you on ignore - do you not have the decency to honor my request?
    Jim, it's a public forum, and I'm free to post anywhere I want. You don't have to respond, but I am not going to have you dictate where and when I can post.

    And don't play this sanctimonious "do you not have the decency" crap.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  5. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,448
    Amen (Given)
    384
    Amen (Received)
    1705
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim, it's a public forum, and I'm free to post anywhere I want. You don't have to respond, but I am not going to have you dictate where and when I can post.

    And don't play this sanctimonious "do you not have the decency" crap.
    I'm not dictating anything to you. I'm asking you to honor my request NOT to reply to ME. If you are too much of a jerk to respect that - then there is little I can do about it now is there. So who are you CP - a 'pastor' that enjoys proving he can take a dump on other people any time he wants to? That's a real legacy. But hey - go for it.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  6. #26
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,130
    Amen (Given)
    16058
    Amen (Received)
    9784
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I'm not dictating anything to you. I'm asking you to honor my request NOT to reply to ME. If you are too much of a jerk to respect that - then there is little I can do about it now is there. So who are you CP - a 'pastor' that enjoys proving he can take a dump on other people any time he wants to? That's a real legacy. But hey - go for it.
    Moderator Notice

    Jim, you are perfectly free to not respond to anything said to you by anybody. In essence, ignore CP even if you can't put him on actual ignore.

    You make your own case worse by continuing to respond to someone you don't want to reply to you. So, the onus is on you to use a little self control and scroll past any posts you don't want to read.

    ***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. #27
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,394
    Amen (Given)
    12453
    Amen (Received)
    26645
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I'm not dictating anything to you. I'm asking you to honor my request NOT to reply to ME. If you are too much of a jerk to respect that - then there is little I can do about it now is there. So who are you CP - a 'pastor' that enjoys proving he can take a dump on other people any time he wants to? That's a real legacy. But hey - go for it.
    Sure, Jim. I disagree with you, so I'm all that.

    Fact is, when you said "Don't read into what I'm saying what is not there. You have a real problem with that" - that's what you've been doing to me.

    I saw it as rather ironic, so I responded as such. Seems you can dish it out aplenty, but, sheeeeeesh....
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  8. #28
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,463
    Amen (Given)
    5909
    Amen (Received)
    6779
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    He's broken so many laws...
    This is where you leave reality and enter the land of your delusions, because there is no evidence to support this claim. The fact that Trump has faced the most intense scrutiny of any politician, at least in my lifetime, and yet nothing substantial has been discovered is pretty extraordinary. It's going to be hard for his 2020 challenger to dig up any dirt because there's nowhere left to dig!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  9. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,830
    Amen (Given)
    227
    Amen (Received)
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Isn't it funny that Trump promised he'd release his tax returns when he was running for President... and then didn't... and then still didn't despite considerable public pressure... and then, according to a recent IRS whistle-blower, got his appointees to the IRS to quash the standard IRS audit of a President's taxes... and then sued to stop them being released.

    Its kinda enough to make you think there's something bad in there, and that Trump knows it.
    Honestly, considering Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he's fighting tooth and nail isn't because there's anything illegal in it, but because it would show he doesn't make as much money as he claims he does.

    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    well, he has a better chance there maybe. He's got 2 of the 9 that 'owe' him. At least, that is what he thinks. And of course, that is how he works. If he helps you out, you'd better help him out. Not sure if that really works with a SC justice, but that is how He'd like it to be. You can bet there will be a twitter tirade if one or both of the SC justices he thinks he owns sides against him.
    Well, all three of the justices appointed by Nixon ruled against him in Nixon v. United States.

    My question is whether the Supreme Court will even take up the case. For a case to go to the SCOTUS, you normally need 4 justices to agree to take it up, and if you don't get that, then they just pass and the lower court ruling stays in effect.
    Last edited by Terraceth; 11-04-2019 at 05:43 PM.

  10. #30
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,394
    Amen (Given)
    12453
    Amen (Received)
    26645
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is where you leave reality and enter the land of your delusions, because there is no evidence to support this claim....
    If the Democrats really believed that Trump has "broken so many laws", they wouldn't be focusing all their attention on a supposed quid-pro-quo where there may not even be a quo.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •