Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 204

Thread: Sondland admits quid pro quo

  1. #141
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, they have shown themselves to be pretty unscupulous regardless, which was my point.
    They're politicians.

    Can't wait, although much of it is already been out there for your consumption.
    Actually, what's 'out there' is one-sided accusations and leaked information, none of which has been under oath and subject to cross-examination in a formal setting.

    No, it is not a "show trial" by which I assume you to mean "not legit".
    Never said it was "not legit" - but impeachment is, by its very nature, a PARTISAN affair of late - and the rules of evidence of an actual LEGAL trial are not the same.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  2. #142
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,268
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Hasn't Pelosi given the green light for impeachment?
    No. This is an investigation. Early days.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  3. #143
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    No. This is an investigation. Early days.
    No, it's far more than that.

    An impeachment inquiry has begun

    Those eager for the start of an official inquiry by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee into the possible impeachment of President Trump need wait no longer.

    A memorandum, submitted by the committee on July 26 to the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and signed by the general counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives, makes clear that such an inquiry has begun.

    The memorandum is in support of an application for access to all redactions of grand jury material in the Mueller report, in grand jury materials referenced in the report, and to any grand jury testimony or material directly related to four topics. The topics include the president’s knowledge of Russian interference in the 2016 election, links and contacts of his associates directly or indirectly with Russia, and criminal acts by anyone associated with his administration or campaign.

    Under Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, a judge may grant access to confidential grand jury material when sought in preparation for, or use in, a judicial proceeding. The committee urges that an impeachment investigation is a judicial proceeding for purposes of this exception to grand jury secrecy.


    Here is a link to the memorandum in question.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  4. #144
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,268
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You say this like it isn't a foregone conclusion. Of course Pelosi is going to "do impeachment". That was the plan from day one when Democrats took control of the House in 2018. The only reason she has feigned hesitation is because of unexpectedly losing seats in the Senate which really upset their plans, because otherwise there is no doubt in my mind that they would have voted for impeachment and removal from office on the first day Congress was back in session in early 2019.

    Plan B, of course, was to keep the sham "inquiry" going late into 2020 in order to tip the scales against Trump during the general election, but with Barr and Durham getting ready to open a can of you-know-what, the Democrats have had to put impeachment on the fast-track. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out, but chances are good that low-info sky-screamers like you are going to be bitterly disappointed yet again.
    If the investigation turns up some wrongdoing, and there are no consequences, the leader of the free world has set a new standard of swampiness.

    Personally, I think it is the duty of every POTUS to look after the office and had it over in good or better condition when he leaves. He is not there just to not get caught committing crimes.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  5. #145
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    If the investigation turns up some wrongdoing, and there are no consequences, the leader of the free world has set a new standard of swampiness.
    Trump is by far the jackassiest POTUS in my lifetime, but being a jackass is not an impeachable offense.

    Personally, I think it is the duty of every POTUS to look after the office and had it over in good or better condition when he leaves.
    That's called "good stewardship" and 100% agree!!!

    He is not there just to not get caught committing crimes.
    A) So he needs to be sneakier and not get caught?
    2) Let's see if there is actually a formal charge of an actual crime under oath and subject to cross-examination.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  6. #146
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,805
    Amen (Given)
    5830
    Amen (Received)
    6329
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    If the investigation turns up some wrongdoing, and there are no consequences, the leader of the free world has set a new standard of swampiness.

    Personally, I think it is the duty of every POTUS to look after the office and had it over in good or better condition when he leaves. He is not there just to not get caught committing crimes.
    They've been investigating Trump since before he was even elected. If they haven't found conclusive evidence of wrongdoing by now, then they never will.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  8. #147
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,268
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    They've been investigating Trump since before he was even elected. If they haven't found conclusive evidence of wrongdoing by now, then they never will.
    Mueller catalogued his crimes for posterity. Not enough Americans care to read the evidence. It will make a good movie but it might not have a satisfying ending; the crook walks free.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  9. #148
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Mueller catalogued his crimes for posterity.
    Care to list those CRIMES here?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  10. #149
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,268
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Care to list those CRIMES here?
    There are several instances of obstruction. I will get a list. While you are waiting:

    A New York judge has ordered President Donald Trump to pay $2m (£1.6m) for misusing funds from his charity to finance his 2016 political campaign.

    The Donald J Trump Foundation closed down in 2018. Prosecutors had accused it of working as "little more than a chequebook" for Mr Trump's interests.

    Charities such as the one Mr Trump and his three eldest children headed cannot engage in politics, the judge ruled.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  11. #150
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,167
    Amen (Given)
    12212
    Amen (Received)
    26085
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    There are several instances of obstruction. I will get a list. While you are waiting:
    Crimes, please.

    Charities such as the one Mr Trump and his three eldest children headed cannot engage in politics, the judge ruled.
    Two words - Clinton Foundation.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •