Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Reparations, open borders, free benefits to illegals, free college, gun control, hate speech enforcement.. you know, things that make that campaign cash just pour into the DNC election coffers.
    Yeah, and those talking points aren't much more popular than impeachment.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Perhaps your problem is that you only have a modicum of information. Biden, as well as all of the Democrat candidates lead Trump in Presidential polling, tops among them being Biden. Now of course you can argue that he is not a threat, but the actual existing info out there shows that he is a threat whether you choose to agree with that info or not.

Trump is trying to create the same game plan that he used in 2016. He didn't care about Biden corruption, he just wants the narrative out there, he just wanted Zelensky to annouce the beginnings of an investigation into Biden on CNN. Besides, you guys really have to stop buying into the stupidity they throw at you. If Trump was concerned about corruption in Ukraine he wouldn't have sent Giuliani and his two amigos there to focus on Burisma, or demand that Zelensky announce an investigation into Burisma. It just takes a person with a modicum of common sense to recognise Trumps target was Biden, not corruption in general.

You call it nonsense and delusion because of your psychological state which prevents you from seeing anything other than what you already believe. Fundraising has nothing to do with it, Trump, as is the republican way, has a lot of wealth and corporate money coming in, Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system.
      "Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system."

It sure looks that way, don't it, yup.

It's not what's coming into the RNC, but what's not coming into the DNC that should alarm you.

Comment

"Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system."

It sure looks that way, don't it, yup.

It's not what's coming into the RNC, but what's not coming into the DNC that should alarm you.
        The 1630 Fund is a 501c organization which is banned by law from contributing, or publicly supporting, any political candidate. You'd do well to research after finding something that you believe supports your perspective prior to citing it. Trump is rolling in corporate and wealthy donor cash, the dems, for the most part are rejecting it.
        Last edited by JimL; 11-22-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Reparations, open borders, free benefits to illegals, free college, gun control, hate speech enforcement.. you know, things that make that campaign cash just pour into the DNC election coffers.
          "Vote for us and we'll give you everything for free" turns out to be a lousy fundraising slogan.

Maybe that woman didn't get the house Obama promised?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            The 1630 Fund is a 501c organization which is banned by law from contributing, or publicly supporting, any political candidate. You'd do well to research after finding something that you believe supports your perspective prior to citing it. Trump is rolling in corporate and wealthy donor cash, the dems, for the most part are rejecting it.
            It certainly doesn't seem to support your "Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system" much either. Perhaps it just means for the Dems that desperate times require desperate measures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Not at all, but thank you for asking instead of assuming

It appeared to be a bunch of self-important career dimplomats (I don't know WHY my hands always type it that way!) and officials who think that they knew more about foreign policy than the President who was authorized to direct it, and boiled down to a whole lot of "he said she said".

I think that's why, as the hearings progressed, more and more people tuned out, and the support for impeachment began to fall.

Schiff was just the bird of paradise pooping on the birthday cake.
              Well I didn't think we were at that stage in our relationship yet.

It seems support for impeachment is still pretty good. Consensus seems to be either huge loss or huge win so everyone seems to be happy.

Comment

"free stuff" ---- Vote for me, I'll give you FREE STUFF, and TONS OF IT!!!
                As opposed to --- Vote for me, I’ll give you hand-picked judges who will further your prejudices and bigotry and TONS OF THEM.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  As opposed to --- Vote for me, I’ll give you hand-picked judges who will further your prejudices and bigotry and TONS OF THEM.
                  You left out 'loyal to me' on the hand picked judges.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    As opposed to --- Vote for me, I’ll give you hand-picked judges
                    Yes, everybody knows Trump is so stupid that he would appoint judges who opposes his agenda.

who will further your prejudices and bigotry and TONS OF THEM.
                    Coming from Tweb's foremost anti-Christian bigot.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      You left out 'loyal to me' on the hand picked judges.
                      And what POTUS appoints judges who would oppose their agenda, Jim?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And what POTUS appoints judges who would oppose their agenda, Jim?
                        'In agreement with my agenda' and 'loyal to me' are two completely different things. But you knew that.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

'In agreement with my agenda' and 'loyal to me' are two completely different things. But you knew that.
                          Sure, Jim - like they're exact opposites.

Comment

A close look at Kavanaugh’s voting this term reveals that he is more reliably conservative than Kennedy, helping push the court right since his confirmation. He has formed an influential alliance with Chief Justice John Roberts, and, to a lesser extent, Justice Samuel Alito, both Bush-era nominees.

But Kavanaugh has also voted with some of the liberal justices as often as he did with the far-right flank during his first term. He sided with justices Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan, for example, the same percentage of the time that he did with President Donald Trump’s other appointee, Justice Neil Gorsuch, according to data collected by Adam Feldman, a lawyer who writes the Empirical SCOTUS blog

https://time.com/longform/brett-kava...rt-first-term/
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• 72919131_2761089627285450_7697668261676056576_n.jpg
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]41061[/ATTACH]
                                Obviously you didn't watch, seer!

Comment