Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    What I'm getting at is that there is clear crimes here as well, more so, and worse crimes and coverups than even Watergate.
    Not even close to being true.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Actually, it showed that it was a bipartisan process, and 3 of the 5 articles stood.

It is actually fact and totally relevant - both sides did their counts because they knew that this had to be something that was not seen as entirely one-sided. They knew there was the likelihood that Nixon would be both impeached, and removed, because the situation was that clearly deteriorating to both sides.

An actual crime had been committed - that was established fact. The tapes were the "smoking gun" that showed there was absolutely a reason to proceed with impeachment and attempt at removal.

You're going to believe what you want to believe, Jim, but in the Nixon example, both sides knew it had to look like it was an absolutely necessary thing.

You appear to have been discussing this as an adult, and we really don't need to get into this "exploding heads" nonsense.

Perhaps it's your biased/partisan state of mind that can't see this is all "show" -- all the leaks, all the false allegations, all the public charades...

No, the whole point of doing the counts - on both sides - was that they realized this was a serious enough thing that it didn't need to happen if it wasn't actually going to work.

No, Jim, it's not even close.
      Well, we can agree to disagree then, the process may end up being partisan, but that has nothing to do with the decision to be made, i.e. whether to undergo the process of impeachment or not. The Costitution, upholding it in the face of it's being contested is what's important, not whether one side in their thirst for power is unwilling to uphold their oath to protect it. If the party, the team, the immediate power, is more important to them and to you than the constituiton and the rule of law itself is, and for that immediate power you allow it to be trampled upon by a lawless enemy of it, then we will lose it, and deserve its loss. Watch the hearings!
      Last edited by JimL; 11-09-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well, we can agree to disagree then, the process may end up being partisan, but that has nothing to do with the decision to be made, i.e. whether to undergo the process of impeachment or not. The Costitution, upholding it in the face of it's being contested is what's important, not whether one side in their thirst for power is unwilling to uphold their oath to protect it. If the party, the team, the immediate power, is more important to them and to you than the constituiton and the rule of law itself is, and for that immediate power you allow it to be trampled upon by a lawless enemy of it, then we will lose it, and deserve its loss. Watch the hearings!
        Both parties care more about their own party than the country as a whole, Jim. I know you like to believe your guys are virtuous, but I'm tired of the whole lot of them.

If, for example, the Democrats really cared about the nation as a whole, they wouldn't be proceeding in such a jackass manner with extreme partisans carrying their water.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Both parties care more about their own party than the country as a whole, Jim. I know you like to believe your guys are virtuous, but I'm tired of the whole lot of them.
          Not so. It’s the individual members of the GOP in Congress who are the problem. They care more about their own re-election, and fear alienating the support of Trump’s ever-loyal base, than they care about the country.

If, for example, the Democrats really cared about the nation as a whole, they wouldn't be proceeding in such a jackass manner with extreme partisans carrying their water.
          If the GOP really cared about the nation as a whole, they wouldn't be defending a president who has demonstrably committed high crimes and misdemeanors, as consistently described by numerous witnesses.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Both parties care more about their own party than the country as a whole, Jim.
            No, and this Impeachment is evidence that the present bunch of republicans, including the Senate leader Moscow Mitch, are not patriots, and don't care about the constitution or their oath to protect and preserve it.

I know you like to believe your guys are virtuous, but I'm tired of the whole lot of them.
            Then stop defending people like Trump.
            Only one party is upholding their oath to preserve and protect the Constitution, to oversee the abuse of the executive. The other party is complicit with the abuser, seeking to protect, rather than check. And all those who refuse to acknowledge the abuse of power, who defend the abuser are equally as bad. The Democrats, btw, are not being partisan at all, you're just throwing that accusation out there hoping it'll stick. Because she undertood its divisiveness, Pelosi held off on impeachment altogether until she no longer felt she had a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Not so.
              So.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, and this Impeachment is evidence that ....
                It's evidence that we are an incredibly divided nation, Jim, and both sides will do what they can to stay in power.

As for your "stop defending people like Trump" comment - you're back to your old ways.

I'm done with you on this.

Comment

It's evidence that we are an incredibly divided nation, Jim, and both sides will do what they can to stay in power.
                  No doubt we are divided, and only one side of the divide is doing the right thing, the other side is complicit with treason.
                  As for your "stop defending people like Trump" comment - you're back to your old ways.
                  That was not a personal attack, CP.
                  I'm done with you on this.
                  That's up to you.

Comment

That was not a personal attack, CP.
                    Nor did I take it as one - it's just more of the same ol' same ol'. It really gets old.

Comment

Nor did I take it as one - it's just more of the same ol' same ol'. It really gets old.
                      Hypocrisy, CP, hypocrisy. "The liberals this," "the liberals that." If you can't take criticism of any kind for any thing, then don't be a dishin' it out!

Comment

Hypocrisy, CP, hypocrisy. "The liberals this," "the liberals that." If you can't take criticism of any kind for any thing, then don't be a dishin' it out!
                        Calm yourself, Jim -- I can take any criticism you can dish out -- I simply choose not to.

Comment

Democracies stop working when money corrupts the system so badly that even public opinion is for sale. This seems to be the situation particularly on the right where the propaganda machinery is totally out of control. The propaganda of the right is the reason that the country is polarized. The other side are playing with a straight bat; I know because I am paying attention to both sides.

Salvation requires a Democratic House and Senate.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                            The propaganda of the right is the reason that the country is polarized.
                            Yet it's liberals who dominate the news and entertainment market and therefore have the loudest bullhorn.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Democracies stop working when money corrupts the system so badly that even public opinion is for sale. This seems to be the situation particularly on the right where the propaganda machinery is totally out of control. The propaganda of the right is the reason that the country is polarized. The other side are playing with a straight bat; I know because I am paying attention to both sides.

Salvation requires a Democratic House and Senate.
                              Salvation requires Jesus. Getting the US back from the brink requires Republican majorities in Congress and a Republican president with a backbone.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Yet it's liberals who dominate the news and entertainment market and therefore have the loudest bullhorn.
                                Only in your propagandized brain, MM.

Comment