Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Sondland admits quid pro quo

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Obviously both can't be true, so take your pick: either the conversation could not be overheard, in which case those claiming they could hear Trump's side of the conversation are lying, or at least embellishing the truth; or Sondland took the call in such a way so as to be easily overheard by anybody in the vicinity, including any nearby foreign agents.
    Yeah, it's a conspiracy, MM, everybody is lying and coordinating. Get that tin foil hat out quick.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Yeah, it's a conspiracy, MM, everybody is lying and coordinating. Get that tin foil hat out quick.
    Are you suggesting that this is a legitimate third option? Because I certainly didn't.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, they aren't going to convince the deplorable Trump base, that's pretty much a given, and because of that, they probably aren't going to move the unprincipled republican Senate to convict unless the not so Trumpy trumpsters and independents turn on them. If the treasonous criminal wannabe dictator is not ousted for his treasonous and criminal behavior by the Senate, then it'll be left up to the American electorate in 2020. If they should elect him again, well then they will get what they deserve for being dumbed down saps.
    The treasonous Democrats can only convince their sycophants to donate while the RNC breaks records monthly.

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    And w.r.t. the Constitution, even if you're not a "living documentist," doesn't it matter whether you're more of a "textualist" as opposed to an "original intentist"? The "text" supports Gerry Ford's "whatever Congress says" definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors," but some of those familiar with the background -- Federalist Papers, and whatever -- say that "maladministration" is NOT impeachable. Would "abuse of power" fall under "maladministration"?
    I'm closer to a strict constructionist. No, abuse of power is not maladministration - I don't see an issue with regarding the misuse of power as a potential high crime - but the evidence would have to be rock solid and bipartisan agreement on what abuse of power means.

6. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Meanwhile, Schiff is doing an OUTSTANDING job with this impeachment circus...

Trump Impeachment Inquiry: Support/Oppose

impeachment support.jpg
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Meanwhile, Schiff is doing an OUTSTANDING job with this impeachment circus...

Trump Impeachment Inquiry: Support/Oppose

impeachment support.jpg
    Yep, I saw that. Sad.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yep, I saw that. Sad.
    So, what do you make of it?

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the way Schiff has made himself the judge, chief prosecutor and jury - running to the cameras every chance he gets announcing 'guilty'.

I think Schiff has done the Democrats an incredible disservice.

10. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, what do you make of it?

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the way Schiff has made himself the judge, chief prosecutor and jury - running to the cameras every chance he gets announcing 'guilty'.

I think Schiff has done the Democrats an incredible disservice.
    Are you implying that the testimonies were rather compelling and should have warranted more support?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    Are you implying that the testimonies were rather compelling and should have warranted more support?
    Not at all, but thank you for asking instead of assuming

It appeared to be a bunch of self-important career dimplomats (I don't know WHY my hands always type it that way!) and officials who think that they knew more about foreign policy than the President who was authorized to direct it, and boiled down to a whole lot of "he said she said".

I think that's why, as the hearings progressed, more and more people tuned out, and the support for impeachment began to fall.

Schiff was just the bird of paradise pooping on the birthday cake.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Looks like this impeachment is going the way of the Russian Collusion Hoax....

Democrats Hoped to Sway Republicans on Impeachment. That Dream Has Failed to Become a Reality

Twelve witnesses. Five days. Zero Republican defectors.

With the public phase of the House impeachment inquiry believed to be complete, Democrats are inching closer to impeaching President Donald Trump. But there remains to be any House Republican who has indicated they support the removal of the president—leaving GOP leadership worry-free.

Despite several current and former administration officials painting a damning portrait of a president who sought to pressure a foreign counterpart to engage in investigations abroad that would benefit him politically here at home, Republicans did not budge. Democrats have, as a result, appear to have failed to persuade their colleagues across the aisle.

In fact, the moderate GOP members whom Democrats pointed to as potential swing voters who could shift the impeachment tide within the Republican Party swung the opposite direction, backing their colleagues' opinion that the allegations that Trump engaged in bribery or abused his power lack evidence. And while his alleged wrongdoing may have very well been improper, they said, they've made clear their belief that Trump's actions do not deserve impeachment.

It's not looking so good for the HateTrumpAllTheTime crowd.