Thread: Sondland admits quid pro quo

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, what do you make of it?

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the way Schiff has made himself the judge, chief prosecutor and jury - running to the cameras every chance he gets announcing 'guilty'.

I think Schiff has done the Democrats an incredible disservice.
    I tend to think it says something very bad about the moral state of our country. Of course, that statement is made at every Trump rally. I was just hoping it wasn't a majority.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I tend to think it says something very bad about the moral state of our country.
    I can see why you would think that.

Of course, that statement is made at every Trump rally.
    What statement? I don't go to or watch Trump rallies.

I was just hoping it wasn't a majority.
    I'll have to wait and see to what statement you are referring.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Looks like this impeachment is going the way of the Russian Collusion Hoax....

Democrats Hoped to Sway Republicans on Impeachment. That Dream Has Failed to Become a Reality

Twelve witnesses. Five days. Zero Republican defectors.

With the public phase of the House impeachment inquiry believed to be complete, Democrats are inching closer to impeaching President Donald Trump. But there remains to be any House Republican who has indicated they support the removal of the president—leaving GOP leadership worry-free.

Despite several current and former administration officials painting a damning portrait of a president who sought to pressure a foreign counterpart to engage in investigations abroad that would benefit him politically here at home, Republicans did not budge. Democrats have, as a result, appear to have failed to persuade their colleagues across the aisle.

In fact, the moderate GOP members whom Democrats pointed to as potential swing voters who could shift the impeachment tide within the Republican Party swung the opposite direction, backing their colleagues' opinion that the allegations that Trump engaged in bribery or abused his power lack evidence. And while his alleged wrongdoing may have very well been improper, they said, they've made clear their belief that Trump's actions do not deserve impeachment.

It's not looking so good for the HateTrumpAllTheTime crowd.
    And Democrats have nothing else to run on.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

4. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And Democrats have nothing else to run on.
    Reparations, open borders, free benefits to illegals, free college, gun control, hate speech enforcement.. you know, things that make that campaign cash just pour into the DNC election coffers.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Reparations, open borders, free benefits to illegals, free college, gun control, hate speech enforcement.. you know, things that make that campaign cash just pour into the DNC election coffers.
    "free stuff" ---- Vote for me, I'll give you FREE STUFF, and TONS OF IT!!!
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, and those talking points aren't much more popular than impeachment.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Perhaps your problem is that you only have a modicum of information. Biden, as well as all of the Democrat candidates lead Trump in Presidential polling, tops among them being Biden. Now of course you can argue that he is not a threat, but the actual existing info out there shows that he is a threat whether you choose to agree with that info or not.

Trump is trying to create the same game plan that he used in 2016. He didn't care about Biden corruption, he just wants the narrative out there, he just wanted Zelensky to annouce the beginnings of an investigation into Biden on CNN. Besides, you guys really have to stop buying into the stupidity they throw at you. If Trump was concerned about corruption in Ukraine he wouldn't have sent Giuliani and his two amigos there to focus on Burisma, or demand that Zelensky announce an investigation into Burisma. It just takes a person with a modicum of common sense to recognise Trumps target was Biden, not corruption in general.

You call it nonsense and delusion because of your psychological state which prevents you from seeing anything other than what you already believe. Fundraising has nothing to do with it, Trump, as is the republican way, has a lot of wealth and corporate money coming in, Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system.
    "Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system."

It sure looks that way, don't it, yup.

It's not what's coming into the RNC, but what's not coming into the DNC that should alarm you.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system."

It sure looks that way, don't it, yup.

It's not what's coming into the RNC, but what's not coming into the DNC that should alarm you.
    The 1630 Fund is a 501c organization which is banned by law from contributing, or publicly supporting, any political candidate. You'd do well to research after finding something that you believe supports your perspective prior to citing it. Trump is rolling in corporate and wealthy donor cash, the dems, for the most part are rejecting it.
    Last edited by JimL; 11-22-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Vote for us and we'll give you everything for free" turns out to be a lousy fundraising slogan.

Maybe that woman didn't get the house Obama promised?

14. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The 1630 Fund is a 501c organization which is banned by law from contributing, or publicly supporting, any political candidate. You'd do well to research after finding something that you believe supports your perspective prior to citing it. Trump is rolling in corporate and wealthy donor cash, the dems, for the most part are rejecting it.
    It certainly doesn't seem to support your "Dems are trying to break out of , and destroy the corrupt system" much either. Perhaps it just means for the Dems that desperate times require desperate measures.

16. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.