Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Obviously both can't be true, so take your pick: either the conversation could not be overheard, in which case those claiming they could hear Trump's side of the conversation are lying, or at least embellishing the truth; or Sondland took the call in such a way so as to be easily overheard by anybody in the vicinity, including any nearby foreign agents.
    Yeah, it's a conspiracy, MM, everybody is lying and coordinating. Get that tin foil hat out quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Yeah, it's a conspiracy, MM, everybody is lying and coordinating. Get that tin foil hat out quick.
      Are you suggesting that this is a legitimate third option? Because I certainly didn't.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well, they aren't going to convince the deplorable Trump base, that's pretty much a given, and because of that, they probably aren't going to move the unprincipled republican Senate to convict unless the not so Trumpy trumpsters and independents turn on them. If the treasonous criminal wannabe dictator is not ousted for his treasonous and criminal behavior by the Senate, then it'll be left up to the American electorate in 2020. If they should elect him again, well then they will get what they deserve for being dumbed down saps.
        The treasonous Democrats can only convince their sycophants to donate while the RNC breaks records monthly.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          And w.r.t. the Constitution, even if you're not a "living documentist," doesn't it matter whether you're more of a "textualist" as opposed to an "original intentist"? The "text" supports Gerry Ford's "whatever Congress says" definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors," but some of those familiar with the background -- Federalist Papers, and whatever -- say that "maladministration" is NOT impeachable. Would "abuse of power" fall under "maladministration"?
          I'm closer to a strict constructionist. No, abuse of power is not maladministration - I don't see an issue with regarding the misuse of power as a potential high crime - but the evidence would have to be rock solid and bipartisan agreement on what abuse of power means.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Meanwhile, Schiff is doing an OUTSTANDING job with this impeachment circus...

Trump Impeachment Inquiry: Support/Oppose

impeachment support.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Meanwhile, Schiff is doing an OUTSTANDING job with this impeachment circus...

Trump Impeachment Inquiry: Support/Oppose

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41030[/ATTACH]
              Yep, I saw that. Sad.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Yep, I saw that. Sad.
                So, what do you make of it?

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the way Schiff has made himself the judge, chief prosecutor and jury - running to the cameras every chance he gets announcing 'guilty'.

I think Schiff has done the Democrats an incredible disservice.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with the way Schiff has made himself the judge, chief prosecutor and jury - running to the cameras every chance he gets announcing 'guilty'.

Are you implying that the testimonies were rather compelling and should have warranted more support?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                    Are you implying that the testimonies were rather compelling and should have warranted more support?
                    Not at all, but thank you for asking instead of assuming

It appeared to be a bunch of self-important career dimplomats (I don't know WHY my hands always type it that way!) and officials who think that they knew more about foreign policy than the President who was authorized to direct it, and boiled down to a whole lot of "he said she said".

I think that's why, as the hearings progressed, more and more people tuned out, and the support for impeachment began to fall.

Schiff was just the bird of paradise pooping on the birthday cake.

Comment

• Looks like this impeachment is going the way of the Russian Collusion Hoax....

Democrats Hoped to Sway Republicans on Impeachment. That Dream Has Failed to Become a Reality

Twelve witnesses. Five days. Zero Republican defectors.

With the public phase of the House impeachment inquiry believed to be complete, Democrats are inching closer to impeaching President Donald Trump. But there remains to be any House Republican who has indicated they support the removal of the president—leaving GOP leadership worry-free.

Despite several current and former administration officials painting a damning portrait of a president who sought to pressure a foreign counterpart to engage in investigations abroad that would benefit him politically here at home, Republicans did not budge. Democrats have, as a result, appear to have failed to persuade their colleagues across the aisle.

In fact, the moderate GOP members whom Democrats pointed to as potential swing voters who could shift the impeachment tide within the Republican Party swung the opposite direction, backing their colleagues' opinion that the allegations that Trump engaged in bribery or abused his power lack evidence. And while his alleged wrongdoing may have very well been improper, they said, they've made clear their belief that Trump's actions do not deserve impeachment.

It's not looking so good for the HateTrumpAllTheTime crowd.

Comment

I tend to think it says something very bad about the moral state of our country. Of course, that statement is made at every Trump rally. I was just hoping it wasn't a majority.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          I tend to think it says something very bad about the moral state of our country.
                          I can see why you would think that.

Of course, that statement is made at every Trump rally.
                          What statement? I don't go to or watch Trump rallies.

I was just hoping it wasn't a majority.
                          I'll have to wait and see to what statement you are referring.

Comment

Looks like this impeachment is going the way of the Russian Collusion Hoax....

Democrats Hoped to Sway Republicans on Impeachment. That Dream Has Failed to Become a Reality

Twelve witnesses. Five days. Zero Republican defectors.

With the public phase of the House impeachment inquiry believed to be complete, Democrats are inching closer to impeaching President Donald Trump. But there remains to be any House Republican who has indicated they support the removal of the president—leaving GOP leadership worry-free.

Despite several current and former administration officials painting a damning portrait of a president who sought to pressure a foreign counterpart to engage in investigations abroad that would benefit him politically here at home, Republicans did not budge. Democrats have, as a result, appear to have failed to persuade their colleagues across the aisle.

In fact, the moderate GOP members whom Democrats pointed to as potential swing voters who could shift the impeachment tide within the Republican Party swung the opposite direction, backing their colleagues' opinion that the allegations that Trump engaged in bribery or abused his power lack evidence. And while his alleged wrongdoing may have very well been improper, they said, they've made clear their belief that Trump's actions do not deserve impeachment.

It's not looking so good for the HateTrumpAllTheTime crowd.
                            And Democrats have nothing else to run on.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              And Democrats have nothing else to run on.
                              Reparations, open borders, free benefits to illegals, free college, gun control, hate speech enforcement.. you know, things that make that campaign cash just pour into the DNC election coffers.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Reparations, open borders, free benefits to illegals, free college, gun control, hate speech enforcement.. you know, things that make that campaign cash just pour into the DNC election coffers.
                                "free stuff" ---- Vote for me, I'll give you FREE STUFF, and TONS OF IT!!!

Comment