Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sondland admits quid pro quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Salvation requires Jesus. Getting the US back from the brink requires Republican majorities in Congress and a Republican president with a backbone.
    Obama already brought the U.S. back from the brink when he took over the Bush recession. Seems we need Democrats to save the country once again, but this time from a corrupt and treasonous dictator and the corrupt complicit republican party that supports and defends him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Obama already brought the U.S. back from the brink when he took over the Bush recession. Seems we need Democrats to save the country once again, but this time from a corrupt and treasonous dictator and the corrupt complicit republican party that supports and defends him.
      Obama only sold snake oil. Eight years of crappy economic performance are all his.

Trump isn't a traitor - unlike your boy Schiff.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Obama only sold snake oil. Eight years of crappy economic performance are all his.

Trump isn't a traitor - unlike your boy Schiff.
        Do me a favor, Tea, watch the hearings beginning wednesday. Try as best you can to be objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Yet it's liberals who dominate the news and entertainment market and therefore have the loudest bullhorn.
          No-one has a louder "horn" to propagate "bull" than Donald J Trump.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

"Trump inherited a solid economy after years of improvements, with the economy and the labor market headed in the right direction on all key economic indicators". "The data for President Obama’s two terms show unambiguously good trends on all key economic indicators".

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...anything-mess/

Trump isn't a traitor.
            By no means a unanimous view: “Donald Trump is a traitor and needs to be impeached, says former republican congressman Joe Walsh”.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-walsh-c...upport-1463441
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Yet it's liberals who dominate the news and entertainment market and therefore have the loudest bullhorn.
              And it is the left who has done far more than what the Russians could have ever dreamed of and yet, without a trace of irony, the WaPo has the temerity to recently run an opinion piece bemoaning how Republicans have a hard time accepting election results

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Ambassador Gordon Sondland never had any firsthand knowledge of any “quid pro quo” involving U.S. military aid for Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine conducting investigations, according to his recently released closed-door testimony as part of the impeachment inquiry.

When he was asked by the Republican counsel, “To the best of your knowledge, do you know about any preconditions on the aid?” he responded, “No.”

“There were a lot of rumors swirling around as to why the aid had been held up, including they wanted a review, they wanted Europe to do more. There were all kinds of rumors,” he added.

He said he called the president on September 9, 2019, to find out what he wanted from Ukraine.

“He said: ‘I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing.’ And I said: ‘What does that mean?’ And he said: ‘I want him to do what he ran on.’ And that was the end of the conversation.”

Two days later, on September 11, 2019, the aid — which had been temporarily frozen — was released to Ukraine, without the Ukrainians having to do anything.

Sondland also testified: “I recall hearing multiple reasons why the aid was being held from various people. I never heard that it was being held specifically to investigate the Bidens. I never heard the word ‘Biden’ mentioned with aid.”

He also acknowledged that the aid was released, and Trump had a phone call and a face-to-face meeting with Zelensky at the United Nations General Assembly in September 2019 — without anything in exchange from Ukraine.

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) asked Sondland during the testimony: “If I understand correctly, President Trump did in fact meet with President Zelensky at the U.N. General Assembly, correct?”

Sondland responded, “That’s correct.”

However, after Sondland’s testimony was released last week, Democrats seized on a portion in which Sondland said he told an aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on September 1, 2019, that the resumption of U.S. aid “would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks.”

However — Sondland had also testified that he had only “presumed” the aid suspension had become linked to the proposed anti-corruption statement. His conversation with Zelensky’s aide also came before his direct call with the president.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), who attended Sondland’s testimony, also highlighted that in a recent tweet.

“Folks, if someone tells you Gordon Sondland affirmed quid pro quo, you’re being lied to. He didn’t say this. He said he *did not know* what happened, but he began to *assume* aid was tied to an anti-corruption statement. President Trump corrected Sondland on this, shortly after,” Meadows tweeted.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-quid-pro-quo/
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Ambassador Gordon Sondland never had any firsthand knowledge of any “quid pro quo” involving U.S. military aid for Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine conducting investigations, according to his recently released closed-door testimony as part of the impeachment inquiry.

When he was asked by the Republican counsel, “To the best of your knowledge, do you know about any preconditions on the aid?” he responded, “No.”

“There were a lot of rumors swirling around as to why the aid had been held up, including they wanted a review, they wanted Europe to do more. There were all kinds of rumors,” he added.

He said he called the president on September 9, 2019, to find out what he wanted from Ukraine.

“He said: ‘I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing.’ And I said: ‘What does that mean?’ And he said: ‘I want him to do what he ran on.’ And that was the end of the conversation.”

Two days later, on September 11, 2019, the aid — which had been temporarily frozen — was released to Ukraine, without the Ukrainians having to do anything.

Sondland also testified: “I recall hearing multiple reasons why the aid was being held from various people. I never heard that it was being held specifically to investigate the Bidens. I never heard the word ‘Biden’ mentioned with aid.”

He also acknowledged that the aid was released, and Trump had a phone call and a face-to-face meeting with Zelensky at the United Nations General Assembly in September 2019 — without anything in exchange from Ukraine.

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) asked Sondland during the testimony: “If I understand correctly, President Trump did in fact meet with President Zelensky at the U.N. General Assembly, correct?”

Sondland responded, “That’s correct.”

However, after Sondland’s testimony was released last week, Democrats seized on a portion in which Sondland said he told an aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on September 1, 2019, that the resumption of U.S. aid “would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anti-corruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks.”

However — Sondland had also testified that he had only “presumed” the aid suspension had become linked to the proposed anti-corruption statement. His conversation with Zelensky’s aide also came before his direct call with the president.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC), who attended Sondland’s testimony, also highlighted that in a recent tweet.

“Folks, if someone tells you Gordon Sondland affirmed quid pro quo, you’re being lied to. He didn’t say this. He said he *did not know* what happened, but he began to *assume* aid was tied to an anti-corruption statement. President Trump corrected Sondland on this, shortly after,” Meadows tweeted.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-quid-pro-quo/
                  And this is your brain on Breitbart!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    ^And this is your brain when you can't dispute the facts of a story and fall back on the genetic fallacy.

Comment

Do me a favor, Tea, watch the hearings beginning wednesday. Try as best you can to be objective.
                      But I don't wanna break my computer!

And right back at ya.

Frankly, the hearings aren't what I want to see - I want to see the trial where the playing field is level. But I'm increasingly dubious that the House will bring articles. This garbage plays to their leftist base, but I don't see how they can risk the embarrassment of a very public Senate trial.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Jim, by your own account, Sondland committed perjury.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

But I don't wanna break my computer!
                          You mean you don't want your head to implode.
                          And right back at ya.
                          Agreed, we all have bias which needs be checked. Being objective though isn't difficult, if you want to be.
                          Frankly, the hearings aren't what I want to see - I want to see the trial where the playing field is level.
                          You're going to have to stop arguing "process" eventually, frankly it was never a relevant argument anyway.

But I'm increasingly dubious that the House will bring articles.
                          You were also extremely dubious that Nancy Pelosi would go for Impeachment. There will be articles, mark my word.

This garbage plays to their leftist base, but I don't see how they can risk the embarrassment of a very public Senate trial.
                          All the better for the Dems. If the Senate sweeps it under the rug, after the people have seen the facts, then they will not only have lost the case for the president, but they just might lose the Senate as well. Let's hope so, eh!

Comment

Jim, by your own account, Sondland committed perjury.
                            Yes, Tea, he committed perjury, and your point is?

Comment

• Republicans highlight four key facts before Schiff takes his circus public:
                              • The July 25 call summary — the best evidence of the conversation — shows no conditionality or evidence of pressure;
                              • President Zelensky and President Trump have both said there was no pressure on the call;
                              • The Ukrainian government was not aware of a hold on U.S. security assistance at the time of the July 25 call; and
                              • President Trump met with President Zelensky and U.S. security assistance flowed to Ukraine in September 2019 — both of which occurred without Ukraine investigating President Trump’s political rivals.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ment-hearings/

Comment

Yes, Tea, he committed perjury, and your point is?
                                It’s illegal. Ironic how democrats can commit crimes... and you could care less.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment