Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Sondland admits quid pro quo

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Er, so what? You yourself declared Sondland a perjurer - he's definitely been caught lying.
    A Trump supporter is worried about someone who has told a lie.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

2. Amen oxmixmudd, Roy amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Er, so what? You yourself declared Sondland a perjurer - he's definitely been caught lying. So why, exactly, is he a credible witness? He isn't (I did try to tell you it weakened the case) - he's the only principle testifying and he's already disreputable.

The only witness that can provide material evidence is a proven liar - by your own admission a perjurer - nothing he says on Wednesday will be credible and he'll be shredded on cross.

It'll be amazing if they even vote on articles at this rate.
    His lies are designed to hide the truth about Donald Trump. And his testimony involves not new information from him, but rather confirmation of testimony from other witnesses that contradicts his own testimony. IOW, he is boxed in and he can only choose to tell what he actually knows or be tried for perjury. It's not that he is trustworthy, it's that he has information and the prosecution has the leverage to force him to reveal it.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    His lies are designed to hide the truth about Donald Trump. And his testimony involves not new information from him, but rather confirmation of testimony from other witnesses that contradicts his own testimony. IOW, he is boxed in and he can only choose to tell what he actually knows or be tried for perjury. It's not that he is trustworthy, it's that he has information and the prosecution has the leverage to force him to reveal it.
    Although he does have the option of pleading the 5th, which of course won't do Trump a whole lot of good.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Er, so what? You yourself declared Sondland a perjurer - he's definitely been caught lying. So why, exactly, is he a credible witness? He isn't (I did try to tell you it weakened the case) - he's the only principle testifying and he's already disreputable.

The only witness that can provide material evidence is a proven liar - by your own admission a perjurer - nothing he says on Wednesday will be credible and he'll be shredded on cross.

It'll be amazing if they even vote on articles at this rate.
    I think others have answered that already and sufficiently, Tea, so I will only note that you've been wrong in your opinionated assertions so far concerning this whole impeachment process such as how it is going to hurt democrats in the elections. In the elections so far the democrats have taken over complete control of the Virginia state legislature, they've won the Kentucky (red state) governorship, and now they have just won the Louisiana (red state) Governorship, all in the face of Trumps begging support for the republican candidate. It doesn't seem your prophesy is holding up. Perhaps republicans supporting the corrupt Trump might want to think twice about the need for his support in their own upcoming elections.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some interesting new details about David Holmes, one of the people at the Ukrainian restaurant who supposedly overheard Sondland talking with Trump...

He admits they were drinking at the time; that he didn't hear the entire phonecall; that while he has detailed notes about other portions of the call and emailed the details to a colleague, he has no record of direct quotes from President Trump or about the relevant portion of the call where Trump supposedly showed an undue interest in having Biden investigated; and he is strongly biased against President Trump.

Furthermore, he says that he doesn't remember who he spoke with about the call or what he told them, but he did admit to sharing some details with six of his friends while on vacation.

Frankly, this guy sounds like a serious security risk. "Loose lips sink ships" and all that.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...nt-take-notes/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In his testimony today, Volker essentially called Sondland a liar:

"Ambassador Sondland is a big personality and sometimes he says things that might be a bit bigger than life."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I think others have answered that already and sufficiently, Tea, so I will only note that you've been wrong in your opinionated assertions so far concerning this whole impeachment process such as how it is going to hurt democrats in the elections. In the elections so far the democrats have taken over complete control of the Virginia state legislature, they've won the Kentucky (red state) governorship, and now they have just won the Louisiana (red state) Governorship, all in the face of Trumps begging support for the republican candidate. It doesn't seem your prophesy is holding up. Perhaps republicans supporting the corrupt Trump might want to think twice about the need for his support in their own upcoming elections.
    Yeah, no.

I've said repeatedly the presidential race is too early to predict. And I've never said anything about gubernatorial coattails (the allegations of gerrymandering in Virginia are interesting) because they are pretty useless. Always have been.

But interestingly, Louisiana shouldn't have been close - but was. Even moreso Kentucky - a seriously damaged candidate still pulled off a squeaker. I wouldn't be so cocksure yet, if you're going by gubernatorial results.

What I have said is impeachment, if the Democrats don't pull something substantial out of the hat soon, will bite them in 2020. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen.

Back to the point - no one has answered the issue at all, let alone sufficiently. I know you're getting desperate - you're no longer even trying to debate facts - but don't think this garbage is fooling anyone. Sondland has lied under oath - you yourself called him a perjurer - goes to credibility... and yanks out its little heart.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    In his testimony today, Volker essentially called Sondland a liar:

"Ambassador Sondland is a big personality and sometimes he says things that might be a bit bigger than life."
    ... yanks its little heart out and stomps that sucker flat...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    “You testified that Mr. Giuliani was expressing the desires of the president. Correct?” Republican Counsel Steve Castor asked Sondland.

“That’s our understanding. Yes,” Sondland replied.

“How did you know that? Who told you?” Castor asked.

“Well, when the president says, talk to my personal attorney and then Mr. Giuliani as his personal attorney makes certain requests or demands, we assume it's coming from the president,” Sondland said.

"Did the president ever tell you personally about any preconditions for anything?" Caster asked at another point.

"No," Sondland replied.

"So, the president never told you about any preconditions for the aid to be released?" Caster asked more specifically.

"No," Sondland answered again.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/eu-a...ll_twopack_hed