Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sondland admits quid pro quo

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, for the good ol' days when it was all about collusion!
    Ah, for the good ol' days when americans were united in defense of their country, their democracy, and the rule of law over and above their political ideology.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Taylor’s October 22 depostion behind closed doors suggests Trump did not threaten to withhold aid during the infamous July 25 call between him and his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky that ultimately triggered the impeachment inquiry.

“July 25th is a week after the hold was put on the security assistance. And [on] July 25th, they had a conversation between the two presidents, where it was not discussed,” Taylor declared under questioning from Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX).

Ratcliffe then asked, “To your knowledge, nobody in the Ukrainian Government was aware of the hold?”

“That is correct,” Taylor replied.

Ukraine did not find out there was a hold on U.S. aid until over a month after the call, Taylor testified. The U.S. ultimately released the aid on September 11 without Ukraine having to do anything as part the alleged quid pro quo.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...uo-impossible/
    So if this is correct then Taylor is yet another one who has confirmed that Ukraine was unaware that their aid was being delayed.

As I've previously stated, it is very difficult to strongarm someone if they are not aware that any sort of leverage is being applied. And the fact that the Ukraine didn't do anything in response to all of this "pressure" supposedly being applied acts as corroboration that, as so many have said, it didn't take place.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

3. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, for the good ol' days when it was all about collusion!
    When the collusion delusion became an illusion the solution was .... obstruction!

What? You expected something that rhymes with the rest?

And since obstruction didn't float either we've seen several more "flavor of the weeks" come and go and now it looks like the obits for "quid pro quo" are being written.

Well that was enough mixed metaphors for this post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

5. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Ah, for the good ol' days when americans were united in defense of their country, their democracy, and the rule of law over and above their political ideology.
    You're not exactly part of the solution here, Jimmy.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    When the collusion delusion became an illusion the solution was .... obstruction!

What? You expected something that rhymes with the rest?

And since obstruction didn't float either we've seen several more "flavor of the weeks" come and go and now it looks like the obits for "quid pro quo" are being written.

Well that was enough mixed metaphors for this post
    That you are too blind to see the collusion, the extortion, or the oh so obvious and continuing obstruction, is on you. I suggest you watch the open hearings beginning next week, perhaps a bit of truth will find its way through a chink in the otherwise biased fortification of your brain. Perhaps!

9. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    That you are too blind to see the collusion, the extortion, or the oh so obvious and continuing obstruction, is on you. I suggest you watch the open hearings beginning next week, perhaps a bit of truth will find its way through a chink in the otherwise biased fortification of your brain. Perhaps!
    I wouldn't count on it. They are looking for

"Mr. Zelensky, please participate with me in an illegal Quid Pro Quo.

yours in Crime

Donald Trump: POTUS"
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post

yours in Crime

Or if you're not intent on burning a straw man, we're simply waiting for evidence that actually shows what the Democrats purport it shows.

For instance

Claim: "Sondland admits there was for reals quid pro quo!"

Reality: "Sondland testified that he took it on himself to presume that there was maybe a quid pro quo."

Let's close the gap -- or should I say the gaping chasm between the claim and reality, and then we might have something worth talking about.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post

yours in Crime

True, I'm not counting on it either, that's why I ended with the sarcastic, "Perhaps!"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In his testimony Taylor, admitted that an article in The New York Times was the sole source from which he inferred that Trump was motivated by a desire to find dirt on Joe Biden.

Zeldin: So do you have any other source that the President’s goal in making this request was anything other than the New York Times?

Taylor: I have not talked to the president. I have no other information from what the President was thinking.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...dirt-on-biden/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can you imagine if this was a murder trial?

"Can you tell the court how you know the defendant was the one who fired the fatal shot?"

"Well, you see, I presumed he did based on something I read in the newspaper."

16. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.