Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    In the case of an anonymous whistleblower, the person/entity being tried does indeed get to confront the whistleblower; the whistleblower only remains anonymous to those not involved in the litigation.
    In this day and age, do you think that's really possible?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In case you are interested here is what lead to my questions. It looks like the whistleblower is guilty of not giving evidence material to the case and to the IOIG

https://www.theepochtimes.com/whistl...s_3108630.html

An anonymous whistleblower whose complaint prompted an impeachment inquiry misled the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) about his or her communications with Congress, according to a source familiar with details of the complaint.

The source told The Epoch Times that the whistleblower didn’t check the box on the application that asks to disclose whether he or she has previously communicated the allegations to “Congress or congressional committees.”

Not checking the box is misleading, if not outright false, since House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) admitted that his staff had communicated with the whistleblower prior to the filing of the complaint.

The misleading answer on the application may put the whistleblower in legal peril since the application form prompted the complainant to certify “that all of the statements made in this complaint (including any continuation pages) are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.” The punishment for making a “false statement or concealment of a material fact” is “a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to five years, or both,” the application states.
      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-06-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I have another question this one the particular law that concerns the intelligence whistleblower. is it against the law for a congressman or regular citizen to name names or is this law only regarding the emplyorer now being able to fire the whistleblower and the intelligence IG not being able to name names?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
          I have another question this one the particular law that concerns the intelligence whistleblower. is it against the law for a congressman or regular citizen to name names or is this law only regarding the emplyorer now being able to fire the whistleblower and the intelligence IG not being able to name names?
          There is no law protecting the anonymity of a whistleblower.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            There is no law protecting the anonymity of a whistleblower.
            Thank you. So CNN is wrong that Don Jr. committed a crime.
            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-08-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
              Thank you. So CNN is wrong that Don Jr. committed a crime.
              Of course. You could have stopped at "wrong" and still been accurate
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Of course. You could have stopped at "wrong" and still been accurate
                I know

Comment