Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower Laws

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    what if someone didn't didn’t check the box on the application that asks to disclose whether he or she has previously communicated the allegations to “Congress or congressional committees.” when he or she did indeed would it be reasonbale to assume that they knew they concealed a material fact?
    Possibly. But it is easy to feign ignorance and say that you didn't read that part.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Possibly. But it is easy to feign ignorance and say that you didn't read that part.
    So in other words continue lying. and those who want to believe evil of a certain person will keep kidding themselves and say it is reasonable to assume that the person did not read that part.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-06-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So in other words continue lying.
    Zachary.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's obviously a really complex thing pitting the 6th amendment against the need for transparency in government.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

It's kinda like the tension between mercy and justice - if I'm on trial, I want mercy - if my enemy is on trial, I want justice. I don't think there's a single person here who would say, "yeah, I'm OK being tried on the word of an anonymous person, and not be confronted with the witness against me".
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's obviously a really complex thing pitting the 6th amendment against the need for transparency in government.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

It's kinda like the tension between mercy and justice - if I'm on trial, I want mercy - if my enemy is on trial, I want justice. I don't think there's a single person here who would say, "yeah, I'm OK being tried on the word of an anonymous person, and not be confronted with the witness against me".
    In the case of an anonymous whistleblower, the person/entity being tried does indeed get to confront the whistleblower; the whistleblower only remains anonymous to those not involved in the litigation.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    In the case of an anonymous whistleblower, the person/entity being tried does indeed get to confront the whistleblower; the whistleblower only remains anonymous to those not involved in the litigation.
    In this day and age, do you think that's really possible?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In case you are interested here is what lead to my questions. It looks like the whistleblower is guilty of not giving evidence material to the case and to the IOIG

https://www.theepochtimes.com/whistl...s_3108630.html

An anonymous whistleblower whose complaint prompted an impeachment inquiry misled the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) about his or her communications with Congress, according to a source familiar with details of the complaint.

The source told The Epoch Times that the whistleblower didn’t check the box on the application that asks to disclose whether he or she has previously communicated the allegations to “Congress or congressional committees.”

Not checking the box is misleading, if not outright false, since House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) admitted that his staff had communicated with the whistleblower prior to the filing of the complaint.

The misleading answer on the application may put the whistleblower in legal peril since the application form prompted the complainant to certify “that all of the statements made in this complaint (including any continuation pages) are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.” The punishment for making a “false statement or concealment of a material fact” is “a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to five years, or both,” the application states.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-06-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have another question this one the particular law that concerns the intelligence whistleblower. is it against the law for a congressman or regular citizen to name names or is this law only regarding the emplyorer now being able to fire the whistleblower and the intelligence IG not being able to name names?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have another question this one the particular law that concerns the intelligence whistleblower. is it against the law for a congressman or regular citizen to name names or is this law only regarding the emplyorer now being able to fire the whistleblower and the intelligence IG not being able to name names?
    There is no law protecting the anonymity of a whistleblower.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    There is no law protecting the anonymity of a whistleblower.
    Thank you. So CNN is wrong that Don Jr. committed a crime.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-08-2019 at 04:01 PM.